Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
Kalpana did you refer to The bard or the bard of the In decent Proposal? Edited by moonwearer - 6 years ago
taramira thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
If i were to compare our characters  to yesteryear hindi film characters then II reminds me of Madhubala, Suvi - meena Kumari and Trisha vyajanthimala. RB a little like dev Anand and amitabh bachhan, neel combination of dileep kumar and Rajendra kumar and I am still figuring ashvin. 
Somehow I find ashvin to be such a softie, an extremely affable, lovable guy but little tortured. 
modernfamily thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
I see that we're talking about favourites. For me II and R&B will always be on the top of the list. So it's II, Trisha and Suvi and their respective men in the same order. 
Has anyone watched Sofia ashraf's videos. They're amazing. I watched the paatu class one and thoroughly enjoyed it. For a non tamilian, I know a lot of Tamil words and love it when I hear it from people outside the story. 

Errantnomad thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-moonwearer

Kalpana did you refer to The bard or the bard of the In decent Proposal?

The Bard of Nisha's tales 😊
Errantnomad thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-taramira

If i were to compare our characters to yesteryear hindi film characters then II reminds me of Madhubala, Suvi - meena Kumari and Trisha vyajanthimala. RB a little like dev Anand and amitabh bachhan, neel combination of dileep kumar and Rajendra kumar and I am still figuring ashvin.

Somehow I find ashvin to be such a softie, an extremely affable, lovable guy but little tortured.

Sanjeev kumar fits the bill 😊 but the irony is the alchohol bit.
sonalgupta2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
This content was originally posted by-Errantnomad

Sanjeev kumar fits the bill 😊 but the irony is the alchohol bit.

Sanjeev Kumar is nice but an it serious type according to me Rajesh Khanna would be best for Ashvin as he is a charmer and popular in ladies also...
😊
Errantnomad thumbnail
phir le aaya dil majboor kya keeje
raas na aaya rehna door kya keeje
dil keh raha use maqammal kar bhi aao
wo jo adhoori si baat baaki hai
wo jo adhoori si yaad baaki hai
wo jo adhoori si yaad baaki hai

Karte hain hum aaj qabool kya keeje
Ho gayi thi jo humse bhool kya keeje
Dil keh raha use mayassar kar bhi aao
Wo jo dabi si aas baaki hai
Wo jo dabi si aanch baaki hai

Kismat ko hai yeh manzoor kya keeje
Milte rahe hum baadastoor kya keeje
Kismat ko hai yeh manzoor kya keeje
Milte rahe hum baadastoor kya keeje
Dil keh raha hai use musalsal kar bhi aao
Wo jo ruki si raah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki hai
Wo jo ruki si chaah baaki

His pain, his emptiness,his trappings , flame that's he's finding hard to suppress, everything ... . The workings of his mind and the internalization of it that Ashvin does or doesn't do as a male protagonist is laid bare the most in this tale by Nisha

I find this song from Barfi most appealing to his kind of sensibilities.

😊
_barbie_ thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Thanks Nisha for this story. Thoroughly enjoying this along with the other two. 😳
I thought Trisha Shanbag also wore glasses. In the first update, this is how she's described: "At 5'5" she was skinny, wore glasses and had a short messy no nonsense bob."

Errantnomad thumbnail
Now they wanted to see his picture more eagerly

"I cannot take his picture" she said firmly

She told him the name of the company the website did not contain any photos of him just licensing images of the various restaurants and juice bars they sold.

I forgot to mention this in my post. There's a page in his past worth not visiting as we all know but with all of the tidbits here and there given, more theories are possible as to what could hv happened then.