Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

moonwearer thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago
A new virtual couple lad that too in my city...Welcome Trisha and Chirag...
Thank you Nisha for another tale to fight over...congratulations.
Errantnomad thumbnail
Your line of wanting to do a short 10 part drew out a chuckle in me. I thought Woah!!! Much like the 10-12 part !web series' which seems to be the New wave of the Net. Ha Ha.

Looking fwd to this short 10 one wanting that her Konkani Asian Desi culinary indulgence gets to be the Next wave ably aided by Cuisine craft's mkting / branding and operational plans. This Ashvin Narang looks like is going to be her 'Tsunami' .Boy! Is she going to be pushed and pulled or what!!!!

On a slightly diff note, I remember my paati asking me , innikku unakka enna kadha venum before bed time giving me a choice to pick one that she used to beautifully narrate. It's like that to me when you decide to pull more rabbits out of your hat.

Over time , Few phases might have me go aggressively or passively expressive or analytical on the reviews but For every creative indulgence of yours, be it three stories , thirty or three hundred, be it 10 parts, 100 or 1000, I think or I know I'm gonna be reading it. More time pass= More bookmarks. This time pass is bookmarked as it's worth our time.

Congratulations. Thank you. Best wishes for this 'New wave'.

( also noted that all English lines between the daughter and father were konkani. Hmmm)
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Wowww! Excited to read the next story !
Welcome to the new wave with Chirag and Trisha in Blore 🥳
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I just wanted to write a story about real people. And all our vices...
I will write the next chapter now so you can whet your appetites  
jaschick thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
Super Sunday afternoon treat
Errantnomad thumbnail
Originally posted by: jasminechick

Super Sunday afternoon treat

I happened to have a home made 'ottawa' special Canadian Beaver tail fried pastry with chocolate , maple syrups and bananas and it's become my new sweet indulgence/ craze. Such a Sweet sin or one of my vices. But as they say' To err is human' 😉 😆 .

This Sunday afternoon treat promised will be that damn beaver tail.
Nisha0604 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Colors

Mandira Narang watched uncaringly as the day spa worker worked on her toes. She waited for her phone to ring.
Her upper echelon friends had bailed on her this mid-morning. They took off after yoga to plan for a "30 something" wedding anniversary private cruise to Greece.
Some over 30 some under, some exactly 30
She was left out.
Not by design, but because Mandira wasnt sure she could go. She had a brunch date with her father in law, the famous scion Sharanbir Narang
Before that she had to go see her attorney.

The family had homes all over the country and even many across the world. She was stuck in Bangalore for god knows how long now.

"French tip Ma'am" the nail clerk asked her politely

"I dont get that in summer you know that" she said condescendingly

The girl, new, looked confused

"Never mind... can I speak with... umm... umm.." she waved

"Miss Ashu? Ma'am?" the girl named her supervisor

Madira nodded carelessly

She stared out the plush Windsor Manor windows out into the courtyard, Bangalore was blazing hot this morning

"No longer the retirement haven" she smirked, thinking to herself

Her father in law called

"Where are you?" he asked nosily

"Umm.. just waiting for a friend to be done with her Doc appointment" Mandira lied glibly

"Oh" Sharanbir sighed admiringly

"You know... you do these things for friends" she stressed

"Uh" he nodded

"AND FAMILY" she said between her freshly glossed lips.

The morning was fabulous, she had gotten here at 7 AM, and it was almost Noon and she was still being "serviced"
"Where is Ashvin" he asked gruffly

"At work" she said smugly

"Good" the old man nodded satisfied

"He hasnt taken a vacation in two years" Mandira supplied

Cleverly concealing the fact that he went on 6 vacations a week or half week long in the last two years.

"He is hard working. Like my son" Sharanbir choked up

Mandira bristled

She hated the tears. She hated the insinuation that she was the lazy one.
She had her own line of plus size clothing for Indian women
At 50 She herself was a size two and never forgot to mention it casually or carefully.

"I will see you at the Board meeting? Do you want me to cancel it since you are at the doctor's?" he asked in a considerate voice

"NO... NOOO... I mean "no" she said softly at the end

Every board meeting she atended brought her closer to her goal... or she prayed it did.

"Are you sure?" he insisted

"Yes Dad" she smiled nervously

"How is the friend?" he asked
Ashu showed up looking worried

"Umm.. who?" she asked confused

"The one you are at the hospital with" Sharanbir was baffled
"Everything OK Ma'am?" Ashu asked

"She is afraid and nervous... they want a scan" she said glibly, waving Ashu towards her toes, as if expecting a prostration.

"Oh.. Tch tch.. I am sorry" Sharanbir's tone apologetic

"Thanks Dad I will let her know" she smiled

"Take care beta" he said gently

"Tell her...umm.. Ashu?" Mandira took on an affected tone

Ashu smiled and ack the familiarity

"I dont get French tip in summer" she reminded the young girl

Ashu whispered

"So?" Mandira waited

"Its a color a week" Ashu said proudly

Mandira was suitably unimpressed
~~~~~~~~~~

Waves battered Ullal beach as high tide approached. The oil stained frothy sea water glittered in rainbow hues
 French tourists with beaded crummy hair lounged under  trees barely clothed, smoking or stoned..

Fisherwomen walked like a row of ants... dressed in bright sarees

Giggling at the almost topless French women tourist. Nudity never failed to amuse these Konkan women.

The business along the beach from those selling cheap trinkets, to souvenirs to Konkan Fish were shut mostly during the morning.

Yeh & Ying.. the neon sign sputtered.. and died... and came back to life again
Inside, Mr Shanbagh walked around with a bottle of Colin wiping down the glass windows

The front glass door opened, the bells above it tinkled

It was the cook Mr Pai looked nervous and awkward

"Hello" Mr Shanbag nodded and went back to wiping down

"Sir... one minute?" he extended his hand

Prakash Shanbag paused andw alked over to the chef

"Sir... I (want to) resign" Mr pai waved both his arms
Ashu25 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
The names of the characters are intriguing
I like...

Aur likhooo
Errantnomad thumbnail
There in bglr the lift shuts on her face and here in mglr, the 1 of 1.5 cooks wants to put his papers. Very tough. Looks like the yin and yang contrasting but inseparable forces have to collaborate to keep the yeh and yang glittering.

The Narangs and the shanbaghs ... people on a mission...interesting names and interesting characterizations.
👍🏼
Errantnomad thumbnail
The story of Manicured nails !!!! Mandira Narang over the French tip nail make over looking at the bigger picture of attending the board meeting . Trisha shanbag with her manicured nails and a boil in her hand caressing to keep the memories of her mom alive thru yeh and yang...

Nail paints Are painting wonderful brush strokesEdited by Errantnomad - 6 years ago