See you on the next wave - Page 10

Posted: 6 years ago
Sand clock

"There is no reason to believe she is coming after me" Ashvin said in a tone that was unconvincing even to his own ears.

"You must be naive" his mother shook her head in disbelief

Her phone rang.

It was her father in law

"How are you?" he asked in signature style with no greeting

"If its about wanting to know if Ashvin is ready to marry and has found a suitable girl, then no" she panted as she sprinted to her own bedroom

"Aap naraaz jyaada rendey ho beta" he said derisively

"We dont seem to be talking about anything else Dad" she said apalled

"Mujhe uski fiqar hai" he said

"If that were true, then he would be treated like a equal" she teared up

"You are wasting your emotions. He is a smart kid. He does not need my money" he said firmly

"The other kids are dumb?" she asked furiously

"They are managing the operations." he said cryptically neither admitting bequeathing wealth nor denying it

"Mere dost ki poti hai, baat karengi aap unse?" he asked

She was really in no mood to talk right now

Especially wedding talk

Thats all he seemed to care about the last 6 months or so

"Dad I am a lil busy right now" he claimed

"To unse karwayen baat" he said
"You want to talk to ASHVIN?" she was stunned

"Umm... maybe not" he grunted... 
Nobody spoke for a few minutes

"Rajat Mehra ki daughter hai aap jaanti hain" he began

"Vishwas didnt like Rajat" she played the husband card

"Vishwas hated nobody beta" Sharnbir was horrified

"He might not have told you but as a wife I know" she said smugly

"Anyway I want you to meet the girl, she is returning from Vancouver in a month" he said

"I dont even control my daughter Dad, how can I ask Ashvin to offer himself up for an arranged marriage?" she asked frustrated

"Yeh baat aap hamey beesiyon dafe keh chuke ho" he was not amused

She peeked out he was in the balcony slounched, on his phone drinking water

"Dad he just returned from work, I dont stay in Bangalore much. Let me have dinner with my son" she begged

"Jao jee" he said haughtily  "talk to him"

"I wont talk about marrying your pick or... (mine)" she left out "mine". Ofcourse she was on the hunt for a family wealthier than Narangs for her Ashvin

"I want to see him married"

"Not all of his cousins are married" she was outraged and upset now. "Vikas bhayya aur Vipul bhayya ke dono ke ek ek ladkon ki shaadi pending hai"

"He is different. He proved it didnt he?" Sharanbir was not interested in arguing.

"We cannot throw it on his face for ever Dad. Even his Dad, YOUR SON, Vishwas forgave him" she was begging now

"Uh" he listened tearing up, but not showing it.

"You disinherited him already, please dont suck all life out of him" she begged

Sharanbir knew that the temptation of being reinstated into the will will make Mandira do anything.
While outwardly she wanted her son's freedom

Deep down the wealth offer lured her immensely.

Outside in the balcony... he was Googling her again

There was a Google, on the third page he found an old Flickr page with her name, 
She looked gorgeous... walking down Ullal beach in a long tiered cotton skirt.. her glasses sprayed with sea water, she was holding sand in her cupped palms
It trickled down in a slim drip.

In another she was sideways leaning under a palm tree grinning, her arms slipped under a a boy? man? man's arms, leaning on his shoulder as she smiled

He looked young...

He closed out the search page disgusted with himself at violating some random stranger's privacy.

His mind reassuring him that he did nothing wrong...

Kalpana
U really DO pay a lot of attention

Wow!!!

My morning raga...a new song soulful and varied...not sure in Ashwin is slowly but steadily falling for a girl he will marry against everybody's wish and become the prince that is steadfast in his support for his live...I can see I am liking Ashwin's character with his angst with his observation with the fire to prove them wrong ...
Nisha this was a thukadda let the wave be a huge one...I so love the sea scapes and mountains.   
Wah wah Vancouver connection bhi hai is thriller mein, albeit the poor rajat mehtas  daughter wont get the mysterious Ashwin  narang. Dont know what Nisha is thinking, but whatever's it is seems very much exciting, but Nisha please Keep Calm and continue, let all the excitement be with us. 
And this ten part story is at least  ten thread story..guaranteed. 
Shru
shuqr mana I am not in college, warna padhai nahi ho paati

I tell friends and family "I need to go back to school. I am wasting all my aqal"

But... may be not

Writing keeps my Engliss goodly
Thinking of Nivi on this day
Not a great day to begin with...

A coworker has been diagnosed with a rare inoperable brain tumor. He has a few weeks to live and he wants to go see his Mom in Wisconsin who is 90 and cant travel.

They were fund raising to send him and his wife today.

My sadness is indescribable. A normal healthy happy guy, 52, always laughing, smiling, making his own coffee every morning in a cup size brewer.
I would mock him saying "Are u too posh to drink the sludge the company offers?"

So sweet.. he would always say "I am telling you, you drink this coffee you wont touch that sludge"

Never NOT had a smile on his face, sitting in the break room during his work break (he worked in shifts) when I leave for home every afternoon to pick up the kid "u better have a good evening since you are outta here" he would say every time.

Oh God...

Originally posted by Nisha0604

Thinking of Nivi on this day
Not a great day to begin with...

A coworker has been diagnosed with a rare inoperable brain tumor. He has a few weeks to live and he wants to go see his Mom in Wisconsin who is 90 and cant travel.

They were fund raising to send him and his wife today.

My sadness is indescribable. A normal healthy happy guy, 52, always laughing, smiling, making his own coffee every morning in a cup size brewer.
I would mock him saying "Are u too posh to drink the sludge the company offers?"

So sweet.. he would always say "I am telling you, you drink this coffee you wont touch that sludge"

Never NOT had a smile on his face, sitting in the break room during his work break (he worked in shifts) when I leave for home every afternoon to pick up the kid "u better have a good evening since you are outta here" he would say every time.

Oh God...

I'm so sorry Nisha. The bombs and scare on the health front , the report on it on ppl known to us is terrifying these days. It's almost scary to wait for our turn. We can hope and pray for a miracle for your coworker, can't we ???
July 6th brings Nivi and all her memories afresh ...I did post something on her, but took it off. Don't know why ?!  
Perhaps since life keeps the hourglass flowing regardless...

Hope your coworker finds it in him to make peace and spend his last with his family around him. Courage, compassion  and strength to cope Nisha...this is all we can ask for
Edited by VeeIyer - 6 years ago
Kalpana Since I heard I ve been fantasizing about him waking up one morning and feeling fine, no seizures no headaches, all gone for good...
Why cant it be that way
Originally posted by Nisha0604

Kalpana Since I heard I ve been fantasizing about him waking up one morning and feeling fine, no seizures no headaches, all gone for good...
Why cant it be that way

I wish for it to be that way Nisha for your coworker. His pain should go choo mantar. Have you heard of this song from shanghai ' jo bheji thi Dua'? Damn!! The pain in this lyrics every time reminds me of Nivi every single time I hear it.