Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 6 years ago
Some medieval texts are there...but I've mostly come across it in the Bengali folklores. :3

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Yes, Pro is right. Radha being married to Ayaan is from Bengali folklore. In the epics, there is nothing about her marriage.
NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Err isint it a bit illogical and hard to believe that a Ghosh could be Yashoda's cousin who was a yadav given our structured cast system which till now does not alloe an intercast arrangeed marriage??
From this alone i infer that this story is well a story 
wayward thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 8
^Actually, the Bengali community didn't exist at all during the MB era. It was all forests and jungles (Vanga pradesh), with a Shakti Peeth.

Also, Ghosh is a part of the Vaishya clan on the Bengali ethnicity, and Yashoda was also a Vaishya married to a Suta (Nanda) so it isn't that illogical. :)

But this is a story, yes. :D

Also, there's an alternative to this story, that states that Krishna married Radha in secret (Brahma was their purohit), just before she got married to Ayaan. So, while Krishna was alive, her marriage with Ayaan Ghosh was never valid.

Another Bengali text called Prabhas Khanda takes us another way, where Radha is living near Golok (Jambudweep or something), by a river I forgot the name of, with her sons Suchitra and Vichitra who defeat the Pandavas and then fight Krishna during Yudhishthir's ashwamedha yajna. However, it is clear that it's written in the shadow of the Uttar Kand of Ramayan.
But Radha's near-encounter with Krishna as she tries to shield her sons from their father is interesting. :)
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
In my opinion, Radha and Krishna had a divine marriage that was witnessed by all the Gods, as this is what's written in many of the epics, but they did not have a 'human' vedic marriage ceremony and thus, it wasn't recognized by the human society of that time or ours, but they were soulmates and always will be. Whether Radha married anyone else or not is not important, as her heart, mind and body were always submitted to Krishna and thus, any human husband would never be able to come near her.
SriMaatangi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
My belief is that RadhaKrishna married before Krishna went to Mathura, so though the world didn't know it, Radha was Krishna's first wife. To the world, it is Rukmini. But in the end, all the Bharya and Radha are Mahalakshmi roopas, and thus, there is no actual difference. 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: KrishnaPriyaa

My belief is that RadhaKrishna married before Krishna went to Mathura, so though the world didn't know it, Radha was Krishna's first wife. To the world, it is Rukmini. But in the end, all the Bharya and Radha are Mahalakshmi roopas, and thus, there is no actual difference. 

I believe both Radha and the ashtabharya symbolized different sort of love, neither of which is superior to the other. 

Radha symbolized the highest essence of spiritual love. They bonded at a higher level that went beyond human interaction. Radha-Krishna, while being born human, had a very divine prem katha and their marriage too was such, witnessed only by Gods and unknown by the entire world, including their own families. 

Krishna and the ashtabharya on the other hand, like Ram-Sita, symbolized the Lord's married life on Earth, in purely human levels. It didn't mean their love wasn't spiritual or divine, but they played the part of humans for the sake of the society they were born into. They allowed themselves to be constrained by society's rules, and through their actions they taught society how love can exist even within the bonds of maryada.