Favorite things about the show thus far? - Page 2

Posted: 6 years ago
Mine are as follows: 

- Vishal and Neha's performances as Vishnu and Lakshmi. I loved them as Krishna and Sita in their previous forays into the mytho genre, and I would LOVE to see them as Krishna and Rukmini when the show gets to that point. Their diction and body language are fantastic.

- Devaki being aware of/disgusted by her brother's misdeeds even before her marriage. This was a smart twist; it makes sense that the woman who would become the mother of God was not totally ignorant/naive about why the prophecy that changed their lives was warranted. They could've done a lot more with this, but more on that in a separate thread maybe.

- Vasudev and Krishna's journey to Gokul - although the start of the "janmashtami" sequence was underwhelming, as soon as the chains broke, it became beautiful and mesmerizing and heartfelt. The way the Yamuna crossing/flooding was shot was awesome, as was Chaitanya Chaudhry's performance in the scene in Nand's house. His expressions while parting with baby Krishna were just heartbreaking ðŸ’”
Vishnu and Laxmi have been the highlight for me, I'm guessing the show will slowly grow on me, first episode didn't impress me. 
I too like Vishal and Neha as Vishnu and Lakshmi. They both look great in their roles and they look well as a couple also. I'm really eager to see them as Krishna and Rukmini if the show plans to go that far (which I hope it will!).

I like that Vasudev and Devaki are getting a lot of attention in this show, I just wish it was done in a better way at times. Both of them individually are not too bad, but as a couple they're kind of awkward. 

I liked the sequence of Balaram's birth. Weird as it was for Rohini to be in the prison with them, the trio worked well together and Rohini's subsequent escape, Sesh Naag protecting her, and then her pregnancy/delivery were shown well.

I like Nand and Yashoda together. Some of their scenes are really cute, though Yashoda's depression over not conceiving was overdone for a while.

Krishna's birth was, like Lola said, underwhelming, but the trip to Gokul was awesome and the actor who plays Vasudev was great with baby Krishna. The last glimpse between them was so heartfelt.
Originally posted by angelic8219

Vishnu and Laxmi have been the highlight for me, I'm guessing the show will slowly grow on me, first episode didn't impress me. 

First few episodes were boring and kind of weird, but it's gradually getting a little better. Hopefully now that Krishna has been born, it'll be more interesting. 
*I am absolutely in love with Vishnu and Lakshmi. Neha Sargam and Vishal Karwal are amazing. Body language, and dialogue delivery is awesome.
*Krishna Janam and than Vasudev taking him to Nand household was executed very well. Flawless direction and editing.

Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

First few episodes were boring and kind of weird, but it's gradually getting a little better. Hopefully now that Krishna has been born, it'll be more interesting. 

I agree, the first few episode were boring. Looking forward to watching how things continue from here now that Shri Krishna is born. 

I too like Vishal and Neha as Vishnu and Lakshmi. They both look great in their roles and they look well as a couple also. I'm really eager to see them as Krishna and Rukmini if the show plans to go that far (which I hope it will!).

I would guess that Neha would not play Rukmini, as they portray Radha as Lakshmi in this :P 
You know, I always hope :P :P 
Originally posted by KrishnaPriyaa

I would guess that Neha would not play Rukmini, as they portray Radha as Lakshmi in this :P 
You know, I always hope :P :P 

I don't know if they do plan to show the ashtabharya or not. This show may end with Kans vadh if they drag out child Krishna and teen Krishna like JSK did. If they do show the adult Krishna phase, Neha may very well play Rukmini because she won't be playing Radha even if Radha is shown as Mahalakshmi, as Radha-Krishna are not shown together as adults.
Another favorite I like about this show - Radha's birth. Although the negative drama with her cruel Bua is totally unnecessary, I like that they showed the story of Radha not opening her eyes until she glimpses Krishna. It's a favorite folktale of mine, and I'm glad they used it.

I don't know if they do plan to show the ashtabharya or not. This show may end with Kans vadh if they drag out child Krishna and teen Krishna like JSK did. If they do show the adult Krishna phase, Neha may very well play Rukmini because she won't be playing Radha even if Radha is shown as Mahalakshmi, as Radha-Krishna are not shown together as adults.
Why not play Bhama? Or Jambavathi? Or any of the other Bharya?
Mahalakshmi is in each of them as much as she is in Rukmini. Shows showing something like this leads to misconceptions and confusion.