Time to start talking in this forum, I'll start - Page 2

Posted: 6 years ago
Does Lord Vishnu look like a male Prity Zinta?
Why did the Gods not let the parents know that the 6=infants were going to attain salvation? The pain and torture King Vasudev and Queen Devki had to endure for 8 years was too much torture for any parent to go through. Just as Narad appeared to Kansa, why could he not do the same for the parents of the six dead infants??
Did Yashoda fast for 7 years??

Some confusing things but enjoying this series so far
Originally posted by celina30

Why did the Gods not let the parents know that the 6=infants were going to attain salvation? The pain and torture King Vasudev and Queen Devki had to endure for 8 years was too much torture for any parent to go through. Just as Narad appeared to Kansa, why could he not do the same for the parents of the six dead infants??

Vasudev and Devaki couldn't know the truth behind their six children yet, as it was important for them to sacrifice as normal humans do for the betterment of the world. The pain they felt after losing each baby only strengthened their determination to bring the prophesied eighth baby into the world. They found out the truth behind their six babies much later on, during Krishna's adulthood. 

Yashoda didn't fast for seven years. Although she did desire a child and felt pained because she was childless, she was a very happy woman who lived a fulfilled life as Nandrani. The Gokulvaasis loved her because she took care of them as a mother. She was not a selfish woman (as this show tends to portray her) who was so obsessed with her own pain that she did nothing else with her life. She was selfless. She was a punyatma just like Devaki was, and thus Vishnu was born to them as their son.
Originally posted by ..RamKiJanaki..

Vasudev and Devaki couldn't know the truth behind their six children yet, as it was important for them to sacrifice as normal humans do for the betterment of the world. The pain they felt after losing each baby only strengthened their determination to bring the prophesied eighth baby into the world. They found out the truth behind their six babies much later on, during Krishna's adulthood. 

Yashoda didn't fast for seven years. Although she did desire a child and felt pained because she was childless, she was a very happy woman who lived a fulfilled life as Nandrani. The Gokulvaasis loved her because she took care of them as a mother. She was not a selfish woman (as this show tends to portray her) who was so obsessed with her own pain that she did nothing else with her life. She was selfless. She was a punyatma just like Devaki was, and thus Vishnu was born to them as their son.

Who was Balram?
Originally posted by fatssrilanka

Who was Balram?

Balram was the seventh child of Vasudev and Devaki. During Devaki's seventh month of pregnancy, Vishnu's yogmaya transferred him from Devaki's womb to the womb of Rohini (Vasudev's first wife who was living under the protection of Nand in Gokul) in order to protect the child from Kans' cruelty. Balram was thus born to Rohini and grew up along with Krishna in Gokul.

Balram was also the incarnation of Sesh Naag, the serpent Lord upon whom Vishnu and Lakshmi rest. Balram was to Krishna what Lakshman was to Ram.

🤣 I quite like Vishal but yeah, they could improve his look... Preity Zinta should be back onscreen but not like this ðŸ˜†
I honestly don't think that knowing about their salvation would make them feel any better. Explanations about past karma and future salvation are good for celestial beings, but in the moment, it would do little to alleviate the pain of watching your children be murdered. What they endured was meant to be painful, and that THEY endured it was also meant to be, because no one else could be so exemplary in enduring it. While such trauma would weaken most people's faith, they were the only souls whose prayers/overall relationship with God remained deep and fervent throughout such experiences. While it broke their hearts, it didn't break their faith that God was doing what he needed to do for the greater good. That's why they were chosen to be God's parents in almost every human form he took.
No, this show made much ado about her desire for a child but as Janaki said, she didn't want one *that* badly to fast for 7 years ðŸ˜† In a previous lifetime, she was a tapasvini named Dhara who, along with her husband Drona (reborn as Nand Baba), spent much longer in meditation and fasting to witness God's childhood leelas and feel that deep love for him that only a parent can. That concept of wanting something for the sake of coming closer to God is arguably a better reason to fast for years on end than just merely to have a child.
I think a lot of the confusion has to do with the show borrowing bits and pieces from its televised predecessors, novels, and fanfics without really following through/blending them into the broader narrative. That along with poor editing creates a lack of flow from one scene to the next and leaves a lot of loose ends. Yashoda's fast is one of them - in one scene she says she won't eat until she has a child, and then it seems as if 7 years pass in Mathura while mere days pass in Gokul. Similarly, Akrur's offer of an escape turns into a random scene of him hanging off a cliffside - as does that whole plotline, with no resolution. There have been some really good moments (Rohini's scene in the prison, Vasudev's journey to Gokul, Nand/Yashoda's happy moments), but on the whole, the poor editing and lack of consistency threaten to ruin it.
Thank you all for helping me clear up my confusion, took a lot of patience I know...but one last question, what about the baby girl who was exchanged, what happened to her? Was she someone famous too?? Did she grow up to be a Warrior or something?
Thanks

Vishal has dimples I doubt they could get rid of them. 
Originally posted by angelic8219

Vishal has dimples I doubt they could get rid of them. 

They have added makeup to make Vishal too fair. Vishal normally isn't that fair, just see pictures of him from DBSK. Vishnu shouldn't be so fair, so it's not surprising that he looks like a male version of Preity Zinta. ðŸ˜†

Thank you all for helping me clear up my confusion, took a lot of patience I know...but one last question, what about the baby girl who was exchanged, what happened to her? Was she someone famous too?? Did she grow up to be a Warrior or something?
Thanks

Yogamaya was born to Yashoda and then exchanged with baby Krishna. When Vasudev brought her back with him, Kans attempted to kill her like he did the other babies, but her body slipped from his hands and soared high into the sky. She turned into the eight-armed Devi Yogamaya, a form of Devi Parvathi who assists Vishnu with his leelas. She mocked Kans and told him that the baby destined to kill him was already born and living in a safe place far away from him. She then disappeared and Kans was left shaking in fear and anger than he'd been duped by the Gods.

This same Yogamaya was later born to Devaki (many years after she and Vasudev were freed from imprisonment) as her daughter Subhadra, and the sister of Krishna and Balaram.
I am just asking 
I might be wrong to think so

But wasn't that wrong by Vasudev to take girl child of Yashoda to jail leaving Krishna in Gokul?

Or was that because he would have thought that Kans would not kill a girl child!!?

It was later happened that Yogmaya disappeared after warned Kans but what if she would also have been killed then ?!!!

I think so it was injustice to Yashoda's child, she always had to bare once Krishna Balram left her and again she was childless in past life