•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago

Sunset

Alone she sat in the verandha of her little house. She watched as the summer sun sinked down in the horizon. The orange and red hues created a magnificent image in the sky. The intoxicating smell of wild blossoms filled the air.A slight shiver ran through her delicate body as a cold breeze brushed past her. 

Summer was ending.
And with it her life too.

It was a week ago when she went to the doctor for her terrible headache. She used to get headaches for a long time. But she always dismissed it as a result of the stress. Being a well established chattered accountant did nothing to help but add more stress to her life. She loved her proffesion and as a result she dedicated her time and effort to it. So she didn't have time to attend to her own health. 

One day she even went to a clinic to solve her headache problem. The doctor said that it could be a migrane and asked her to come back a few days later for some scans. But her work caught up with her and the appoinment date was left forgotten. 

Recently her headaches had gotten worse to the point that she fainted once in her office. She felt exhausted all day. Her head felt ready to burst almost everytime she got her headache. And that's when she put aside everything to go to a doctor. There was a lot of tests and scanning. She thought it had something to do with the migrane. And was expecting some more prescriptions from the doctor. The doctor asked her if she had any relatives or friends accompanying her. Seeing there was no one with her, the doctor began with a soft exression " I am sorry miss, you have been diagnosed with.."

Brain cancer. Terminal stage .
She didn't hear the reat of what the doctor said. Her mind was stuck on the word brain cancer. 

Two words.
Two simple words now turned her world upside down. As the initial state of shock passed away, reality of what was happening slowly sinked into her.

She was dying.
And that too quickly.

The doctor said with the help of medication she had approximately six months. Maybe a year if the treatment is effective.

And here she was sitting in front of her little house. Enjoying the little time she could spend in this safe haven of hers. Tommorow she will be admitted to the hospital for her treatments. 

She found that she missed her mother terribly. But she was glad that her mother was no more. She knew this news would break her mother if she was alive. Being a single mother, her mother's life was really hard and yet she was proud that her mother was one of the strongest women she knew. 

She had a lot of friends but no siblings.
And now when the time was slipping out of her hand, she wanted more from life. She craved for all the little things. She wanted to watch more summer sunsets, more winters and many more springs to come. She wanted to lay under the stars with someone. She wanted a lover and for him to be her husband, her children, then her grandchildren, a big family of her own ...

If only she had a little time..
But time was something that she didn't have. 

As the twilight gave away into darkness of the night, she truly felt alone for the first time in her life.

- kiki

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Sorry. double post!Edited by -waitingforyou- - 6 years ago
Dear Kiki,

That was a nice one - the sunset being a metaphor for the ending of her own life, and how when she knows she is going to die, she wants so much more, and how she feels alone. 

But then I would like to think that she does get the courage to live the remaining few days, in peace and learning to love herself and be happy. Agreed she would never have what most take for granted, a person to love, a family to cherish, a home to build, but those are truly not needed to make one happy. Happiness is from within and you alone are responsible to make yourself happy. She could think she was alone, but then she is also free - not having anyone could make you lonely or free, it is sad that she thinks there is no one to remember her but then there is no one to stop her from living out the life she wants to either. 

Beautifully penned.

Best,
Nyna

PS - there is another member (UN - dreamkatcher) with the same name (Kiki) a coincidence I hope๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by Nynaeve

Dear Kiki,

That was a nice one - the sunset being a metaphor for the ending of her own life, and how when she knows she is going to die, she wants so much more, and how she feels alone. 

But then I would like to think that she does get the courage to live the remaining few days, in peace and learning to love herself and be happy. Agreed she would never have what most take for granted, a person to love, a family to cherish, a home to build, but those are truly not needed to make one happy. Happiness is from within and you alone are responsible to make yourself happy. She could think she was alone, but then she is also free - not having anyone could make you lonely or free, it is sad that she thinks there is no one to remember her but then there is no one to stop her from living out the life she wants to either. 

Beautifully penned.

Best,
Nyna

PS - there is another member (UN - dreamkatcher) with the same name (Kiki) a coincidence I hope๐Ÿ˜Š

Dear Nyna,

In the story , as you said that she can be free since there  is no one holding her back. But she is lonely. In the last phase of her life she was going to die all alone and that too not leaving any memories of her behind. 
She has the freedom to live what is left of her life to the fullest she can.  But i would like to leave all that to the reader's imagination. ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for your feedback. 
I really appreaciate that you took time to read my silly writings.

And no, it's not a coincidence. ๐Ÿ˜†
Dreamkachter and waitingforyou are one and the same . I created Dreamkatcher to post my writings. But then IF banned for some reason that i have no idea of. so i decided to use my old account.
Sorry for the confusion though๐Ÿ˜Š

- Kiki

Originally posted by -waitingforyou-

And no, it's not a coincidence. ๐Ÿ˜†
Dreamkachter and waitingforyou are one and the same . I created Dreamkatcher to post my writings. But then IF banned for some reason that i have no idea of. so i decided to use my old account.
Sorry for the confusion though๐Ÿ˜Š

- Kiki

Kiki,

That is because IF usually deletes / bans /Blocks MIDs (multiple IDs) so either talk it out with the Global Moderator, I doubt if you would get much response, or simply use this id only to post everything. It is tough to repost if your new ID gets blocked / banned.

Nyna
@ nynaeve.
And all this time i thought i did something wrong. And that's why they banned me . ๐Ÿ˜† Anyway I decided to leave Dreamkatcher and stick to this one. 
Thanks for telling me though. :)
Kiki, this was so beautiful. It left me feeling very poignant. It must be so painful, when you want so much more from life but you've hardly any time left. That void you feel, when you realise how little you've lived and you never will be able to live life to the fullest, anymore, must be shattering. You write so well, Kiki. I could feel that void she was feeling, when I read this. It was amazing.
Originally posted by ..Ramya..

Kiki, this was so beautiful. It left me feeling very poignant. It must be so painful, when you want so much more from life but you've hardly any time left. That void you feel, when you realise how little you've lived and you never will be able to live life to the fullest, anymore, must be shattering. You write so well, Kiki. I could feel that void she was feeling, when I read this. It was amazing.

Hey Rammu

Thanks for the feedback dear.  :)
I still i write really badly and you are saying i write well!! ๐Ÿ˜†
I am really glad that you liked it.
 You are the first person who pressurized me to post my stupid writings long back. :D
So yeah , thanks dude.

-Kiki :)

I like your post. Keep posting. :)
Myself Nani
Originally posted by Nani08

I like your post. Keep posting. :)
Myself Nani

Thank you Nani.
I am really glad you liked it :)

-kiki