My review of the whole show

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
Since our beloved show ended yesterday, I have decided to write a review on it:

It was definitely one of the best shows on Indian tv in recent times. At a time when some viewers were getting bored with same old saas-bahu, supernatural or cliched love story type serials; Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai came as a blessing for them. It's a refreshing change on Indian tv. The show not only had a different genre like suspense thriller, but it also highlights a social issue like honour killing, which still exists in some parts of India. So besides being an engaging thriller, it also gives social message against honour killing, which is definitely a praiseworthy attempt on tv.
            The story was totally unique, the script was pacy & gripping. The background score  & cinematography is par with movies. All the actors have done their job beautifully. Sharad Kelkar was brilliant as blind Rishabh. Rishabh's anger, pain, emotions, cruelty; everything he portrayed beautifully. Surbhi Jyoti, Shoaib Ibrahim, Sreejita De, Shaleen Malhotra, Nivedita Bhattacharya, Ekroop Bedi, Sudesh Berry; everyone was very good in their respective roles. But for me, acting-wise, child actor Varun Buddhadev as Priyam stole the show. he beautifully portrayed Priyam's innocent as well as grey side. He deserves this year's best child actor award. And Megha Gupta's cameo as Ragini was also very good.
                There are some loopholes in the show, but if you compare it with other serials, you will forget these faults. The script is so powerful that you will easily ignore these faults.
             The best thing is every character has something to do here & no character is wasted. Almost every character has grey shades, which is a very unique thing on tv. That's why every actor got ample scope to perform their roles.
           On the whole, Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai is totally different from today's cliched serials in every aspects. Unique story, gripping screenplay, dark & well thought-out characters, good acting, a social message & most importantly, short duration of only 33 episodes are its plus points. A welcome change from saas-bahus & naag-naagins.

My Rating: 4.5/5 stars
Edited by AnkurBaksi - 6 years ago
Lovely post. I for one will miss this beautiful show. As you nicely described it, our beloved show.
Hopefully we get to see more such shows in the future.
Awesome post. Will miss this show so much :(
Though the show was different I won't give it a 4.5 rating😛 I wish it had run it's course things could have been more justified then :) the only thing I liked is the story didn't get compromised!
I will miss the show so much...episodes on weekend and looking forword to it whole week...an Indian tv show that never bored me...it deserved to run its full course... Edited by urmita - 6 years ago
Will surely miss this great show
All the characters were well written...I agree I would have loved to see a happy ending for Kavya and RV...maybe not with each other...but will be sad for both of them...all in all...it was a fresh concept...so rare on Indian TV...So I'll definitely miss it on weekends..
It was a fantastic show! A wonderful thriller and I enjoyed each and every bit of it. Sad that it ended so quickly. Indian TV needs more shows like this!