Rules & Announcements

IMPORTANT: Cleaning up +1 posts from all Forums

vijay thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Hi All,
We are making a few changes to improve the content quality in our forums. We would like to encourage members to use the "Like" button instead of posting "TFS", "Thanks" or other +1 kind of replies to a post. We would be removing such responses from the Topics and this might bring down Post counts for some of the members. 

This will improve the visibility of meaningful responses and reduce the number of pages a member has to browse to read them.

We would be removing them from the entire site gradually and would like to seek your co-operation in this matter. 

In order to combat Link spam we now have an in-house resource to handle this so that our moderators can take care of the more important stuffs.

I hope you all will agree that it will improve our Forums considerably in the long run.

Please do not post "TFS" / "Thanks" kinda response until you have something more substantial to add to the discussion. Use the "Like" button instead.

Regards,
Vijay

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the initiative Vijay ji! It is kind of annoying going through one word posts. The only exception would be for birthday threads where I personally feel like a small thanks is necessary as well as 'liking' the post. Can we make this an exception for birthday threads?

But I think overall this will def improve the Forums!
vijay thumbnail
Originally posted by: Cutiepie Rani

Thanks for the initiative Vijay ji! It is kind of annoying going through one word posts. The only exception would be for birthday threads where I personally feel like a small thanks is necessary as well as 'liking' the post. Can we make this an exception for birthday threads?

But I think overall this will def improve the Forums!

Thank you for agreeing.

Regarding the Birthday Threads again I feel just posting a simple "thanks" is as good as "Like" so better they go with like button. This will encourage people to take a little more effort than a simple "thanks".

This will help us in several ways:

a) Thoughtful messages will not get buried under heap of "thanks" only posts.
b) It will certainly improve the site speed as unwanted page clicks can be avoided.
c) Improves the content quality.
d) Less number of notification emails will be fired by the system.

At the same time we are working on algorithms which will basically detect repeat posts, spammy ones like "CID CID CID" and same images posted several times in the topic.

Cheers,
Vijay
Edited by vijay - 6 years ago
priya185 thumbnail
I think posts should only be removed from this date onwards not really old ones also maybe not in CCs(particularly invite only)?
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Thanks Vijay. Much needed feature indeed.

Can we do something about restricting long tower of Quotes as well?

Maharani69 thumbnail
Engager 4 Thumbnail Anniversary 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thank god for this! I feel single emoticon posts should also be removed. People spam to increase the posts as if their life depends on it. πŸ˜•

Can we have a block feature introduced too? To ward off annoying, persuasive stalkers. 
Sanjh30 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Vijay sir,I lost 7000 posts! Cleaning up was effective from today then why my older posts were deleted?
I want my 7000 posts back! Please!
-Piku- thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Vijay for this initiative. Much needed.
SilverBell thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Ok That's Great.
It Helps Alot.
Cutiepie_Rani thumbnail
Originally posted by: vijay

Thank you for agreeing.

Regarding the Birthday Threads again I feel just posting a simple "thanks" is as good as "Like" so better they go with like button. This will encourage people to take a little more effort than a simple "thanks".

This will help us in several ways:

a) Thoughtful messages will not get buried under heap of "thanks" only posts.
b) It will certainly improve the site speed as unwanted page clicks can be avoided.
c) Improves the content quality.
d) Less number of notification emails will be fired by the system.

At the same time we are working on algorithms which will basically detect repeat posts, spammy ones like "CID CID CID" and same images posted several times in the topic.

Cheers,
Vijay

Thanks for your input! What about quoting multiple users in one post? For example:

Originally posted by RamPaiger

Happy birthday cutiepie πŸ˜³ πŸ€— πŸ₯³

Thank you so much!

Originally posted by ChotaBheem

Happy birthday cutie cutie Rani πŸ₯³ πŸ₯³

Thank you so much!

Originally posted by karan-007

Happy birthday Cutie Pie RaniπŸ₯³ God bless yu πŸ˜Š

Thank you very much!

Originally posted by I_M_SultaN

happy birthday cpr may GOD bless u long life 

Thank you so much! Hope you find your 'Sultaana' soon. πŸ˜†