Posted: 6 years ago

AN EVENING TO REMEMBER

The sun god gradually pulled the blankets closer onto him as Maharana Pratap Singh of Mewar walked into his chamber to behold his beloved, bejewelled, beautiful better half, laden with insurmountable pride, a pride unheard of.  His wife who had the innate, unkempt capability of shoving him into disremembering just everything that had or that would ever matter. Yet the amusing aura of the day made him want to giggle, well love renders men crazy anyway. Therefore, nearly suppressing an impending laugh he shot a glance at her.

"Just look at you!" He exclaimed, miserably masquerading wonder.

An incandescent blush fell on her face, multiplying her radiant elegance several folds as it resonated in the air. A blush the god of love had taken undue advantage of and had forced him to fall in love with, a few years ago. Bewitched he was and bewitched he would be until life left him or perhaps post that too. After many an awestruck gaze, memories constructed their ways past his brain.

"Remember that evening, Ajabde?" He demanded at last, a sheepish smile forming on his face.

And thus was their love that words were never needed as she just ditching ambiguity, knew what he was talking about and at once was reliving that very exhilarating evening.

~

Ajabde was pacing back and forth the room as fear had begun to vehemently take her within its clutches. Reminiscing the cross looks he had been giving her while the wedding rituals were on, had her all apprehensive and in panic. Furthermore, she was now married to the kunwarsa of mewar and the lofty responsibilities that accompanied that were numerous and not at all easy.

"Samant putri!" She grumbled "I am a mere samant putri, how am i supposed to make both ends meet here?" She murmured to herself, as confidence broke off her.

A tear eluded followed by another as she went on with viewing herself in pitiable light. She began to think she had been haughty, heartless, hypocritical and high-headed in every regard. That's when he came in, her husband, her Kunwar Pratap.

"Ajabde? " Evident worries adorned every syllable he uttered, making her turn around to look at him. In reflex, she tried wiping off her tears but it was of no use because he'd seen them.

"Have you been crying?" He asked, absolutely anxious and helped her wiping them away.

"You will be fine Ajabde, i will always be there for you just because you are everything to me! You make my life worth living! " He reassuringly smiled at her and patted her back.

It was almost as if he had been prying on her and had seen through every darn thing her accursed mind had been thinking. For once, she looked dubiously at him, wondering if he had mastered some peculiar form of sorcery. Yet the last few words either dispersed or dismantled every single worry that had ever dared to prick her heart.

~

And just as the maharana's very much in love ears that were infatuated with her voice waited to feast on her enunciating his name, they were met with an alarmingly unexpected adventure, rather misadventure, as she started.

"Ranaji!" She addressed him "Do you really think i can ever forget? How can i not remember?"

"Ranaji?" He asked feeling gravely odd.

"Yes! " She giggled "You are the Rana of Mewar now!" She hurled the obvious facts at him.

"Yeah, the coronation" He answered grossly "But that doesn't mean you'll all of a sudden change what you call me! It will always be Kunwar Pratap for you!"

"But.. " She began but then halted mid way through, smirked devilishly and continued "No, i will call you Ranaji! That's what Mewar is supposed to do now and i am a Mewari for that matter."

"But...Very well!" He spat, almost fuming.

He whipped around to go but she held to his strong arms.

"Have i enraged you, Kunwar Pratap?" She drawled dulcetly, stressing on what she called him.

"No you haven't, Ajabde!" He let out a not so gigantic guffaw escape, not at all trying to hide his harmless yet notorious fling.

"So you were trying to lure me into calling you what you want me to? Not talking to you!" She too faked anger.

"Let me see for how long are you going to get going with it!" He threw a challenge.

Saying so, he furtively moved his fingers through her hair and then stealthily, tickled her ear.

"Kunwar Pratap!" She burst out laughing uncontrollably "Stop it, now!"

"And thereby, you lose! "He laughed, gently fondling her chin "Maharaniji, didn't i tell you, you'll be just fine, not just fine, you are flawless! No one can handle all of it better than you can, Ajabde. I am so proud of you!"

"Oh, Kunwar Pratap!" She melted almost instantly making her hate it later that she was so gullible around him "I am so proud of you too. You fill me with such reverence and gratefulness. Setting my eyes upon you gracing that majestic throne of this country, our motherland, the joy and zeal i feel just can't be put to words!"

Yet again, her eyes were streaming with tears, tears that wrought happiness but not havoc. He bestowed on her a tight hug, almost squeezing her.

"Nothing has changed, Kunwar pratap" She smiled, barely breathing, courtesy his intense embrace.

"Not at all!" He smiled, loosening his grip on her "And i would always love you, the way i do. "

His comment had her flushing a shade of red on her cheeks again, pulling back immortal memories of their infinite love. He had just been crowned king and she his queen, yet all he wanted was to sink in her contentment, her happiness, her sordid sobs, her fears and everything else that ever existed and was associated with her.  She was his universe in all its completeness, with sparkling stars and placid planets he didn't wish to go beyond. He was Ajabde's Pratap and that was what was significant at that point of time.

Just then, she disrupted his pensive ways with her interrogation.

"Kunwar Pratap, what are you going to do about the water shortage problem, the citizens are facing?"

This was Ajabde, his Ajabde, Maharani Ajabde, the lady that never shied away from fulfilling her duties and reminding him his. And thus they talked at length; surely time did fly for them in each other's affectionate company. Certainly, a serene evening and a night to remember.

~

Writing PrAja after ages! Well life's been draining and a writer's block just came my way so i am just attempting this to get rid of that. Apologies in advance if you think it isn't good enough.

PS- Thank you Sumi for that amazing banner! <3

Edited by --Elara-- - 6 years ago
Awwie! This was so sweet! Loved your choice of words- befitting of the lovely scene. :)
ResWa ๐Ÿ˜›
Thanks for using siggy ๐Ÿค—
Unreswa on Tuesday , maximum ๐Ÿ˜†
Rammy this was finesse !!! 
Read PraJa after a long time , and it was worth the wait !
Really beautiful writing dear, you outdo yourself Everytime !

Loved the introduction.. must say I was blushing along with the characters ๐Ÿ˜†

Wonderful dear!!
PrAja after a long time <3
So firstly I want to actually believe I'm reading PrAja. Thank you so much for writing it! Brought back so many memories!๐Ÿ˜ณ

Introduction was fabulous! And I love how you perfectly carve out romance out of small, simple plots. Just loved reading the fluff moments and the entire thing. Just marvellous!

The best part was the ending, so so Ajab type. ๐Ÿ˜†

Keep writing, please!
Let that writer block be blocked forever!

Muah.
Fantastic OS Ramya
The banner made by sumi is so beautifulโค๏ธ 
Aww such a cute os. The starting was beautiful. And then the flashback was so cute. The part where he confess that she makes his life worth living. That was brilliant. Their conversation was so sweet. The way he teases her. 
Overall, enjoyed reading it. Keep writing such more os cause they are pure treat. 
Sam 

Eii, Rams, this was so cute <3 I loved every bit of it!
It makes one want to smile, it is an overload of cuteness!
The part where he tickles her is
The flashback is so so touching!
You have a way with words and a knack writing such cute stuff!
Amazinggg! <3 <3
P.S.: Dekho, abhi res bhi nahi kiya. Seekrama, gimme another sweet OS!
P.P.S.: Shout out to Sumi for the wonderful banner!

Edited by Shrinika13 - 6 years ago
Such an elegant piece of work 
In love with the way you framed this story short but covering all facets of emotions 
Ajabde's sense of responsibility even in private practice she is not forgetting her duties as a queen of Mewar 
And the bond between Rana n ajabde such a friendly bond between husband n wife 
Rammy you are an amazing writer 
Probably reading your first work 
And having wonderful experience in that 
Superb dear 
Thanks for pm