Dil Bole Oberoi

FF: The Contract Child, Ch. 1 Pg. 1 [Reader Disc. Advised]

AajKuchMatBolna thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 6 years ago
A/N: Truly apologize for the lame title, but I couldn't think of anything else and I'd been pondering this for quite a while. Hopefully the chapter titles make up for it? Also I can't for some reason, for the life of me, put ratings like [16+] or [18+] because honestly maturity is subjective, so yeah, this story will have sex--readers use your discretion. If you're not comfortable, click away!

With that said let me know what you thought!

The Contract Child
Chapter 1: Means to an End

She hadn't even been able to properly register the door slamming shut with a noticeably aggressive force for the next thing she knew, she was up against the wall, hands pinned to either side of her face.

"I..." he struggled to speak, but not in the way she'd have liked. It was almost as if he couldn't bring himself to say the words, the struggle in his voice echoing in her ears, the undertones of disgust and hatred evident. And all too familiar.

Somewhere she'd started to believe they were past that, what a fool she was to forget her purpose in this home. In his life. 

She couldn't afford the luxury of a mundane, routine...boringly blissful life. There was nothing here that was hers to "get used to."

"I want you to..."

Leave. She completed for him. The marriage verification as over, she was to leave tomorrow anyways, must she constantly be reminded of her lack of purpose in his life? Could he not afford her the luxury of her own dignity?

"Stay," he finally completed, his eyes shut as if he was shielding himself from witnessing a tragedy unfold in front of his eyes.

Despite how desperately she would've wanted for that to be true, she knew him too well. His voice gave the contradicting emotions in his heart away, and so naturally, all she had to offer was skepticism. 

Meeting his eyes, she was filled with a long forgotten courage. Despite having hands still pinned high up above her head, she leaned forward leaving barely any space between them. 

"Why," she dared ask. It was a question she wasn't entitled to, he'd made sure she was aware of that.

He looked into her eyes for a good long moment. Trying to communicate things even he perhaps didn't know he had to say.

And maybe, if the last thing she saw wasn't just an exhausted & hopelessly broken man asking for refuge, things wouldn't have panned out the way they did.

Because he answered her "Why" with a kiss. The tender gesture contrasting sharply with the searing anger that had become him just moments earlier. 

And she? She kissed him back.

"I want you..." he said almost too cautiously, sliding her hands back down & sliding one behind her waist, closing whatever little gap remained in between. "...to stay," he whispered. "As my wife," he continued, now looking dead straight in her eyes as if desperate to have all of her attention. The earlier struggle making its way back into his voice, "...and as the mother of my child."

She simply stared back at him, struggling to make sense of the words that came out of his mouth. Not satisfied with her response, he suspected if she truly understood the implications of what he just said.

"The mother," he continued, carefully tugging at her dupatta just enough for it slide effortlessly off her shoulder. "...of our child," he amended, waiting for her wide eyes to register just exactly what he asked of her.

Edited by AajKuchMatBolna - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

dreamyjennice thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Guess it's just to get a child he wants her to stay and thus is playing her... In the process will fall for her... Justy guess... Either to give the child to bua maa and repent  Or due to some advert reason
maivelli thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Title sounds interesting waiting for more😆
Shraddhadikshit thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Very exciting...
Dunno what is Om thinking...
Please do pm
A-Musing-Me thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Okay this sounds interesting.. n conflicting.. you've got me hooked .. can't wait to know the reactions of Gauri..
So all in all moi eager to watch the tale unfold .. thanks for this
AparnaChinnu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
it seems too interesting 
Javeria3991 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Interesting start
What changed in Om to ask gauri to stay and build a family. 
Looking forward to read next chapter.
....Anabella... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
It sounds interesting..  Continue asap
arohiarsh16 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
OMG...this is so so so interesting...i really like this concept...
eagerly waiting for next update...please continue soon...
Edited by arohiarsh16 - 6 years ago
vrindagupta thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So contradicting
The emotions and the dialogues
U have me hooked

Omkara in his usual angry Avtar
He wants her to stay
As mother of their child
Wonder why so??

But this means Gauri will stay back