Films without fashion and fashion without films don't work - Sonam

Posted: 6 years ago

Sonam Kapoor: Films without fashion and fashion without films don't work

Sonam Kapoor talks fashion in Bollywood.

Written By Karishma Shetty Mumbai Updated: May 31, 2017 07:41 pm 12018 reads 7 comments

It won't be wrong to say that Sonam Kapoor is a leading example of a fashion revolution in India. She manages to pull off any look that she sets her mind on and is a fashion inspiration to many young women. 

When it comes to movies, many criticised Sonam's acting skills and favoured her fashion sense more. Kapoor stunned the critics when she received a special mention at the National Film Awards for her honest and brave portrayal in and as Neerja. 

"Films without fashion and fashion without films don't work," Sonam stated to Vogue as she has stylish flicks like Aisha and Khoobsurat under her belt. 

She added, "Both are visual mediums. It's not only about dialogue and acting; I should appeal to the audience."  

Sonam also feels that Sridevi's chiffon saree in Mr. India (1988) and Madhuri Dixit's look in Tezaab (1988) were fashion breakthroughs. She said, "It's just about how you wear it, and that's all that matters. " 

"Fashion and style are about who you are as a person; you need to be individualistic," says Sonam as she reveals that she likes Radhika Apte and Kalki Koechlin's distinct fashion sense. 

She concluded, "Although, nobody (can) love fashion as much as I do." 

Credits: http://www.vogue.in/content/sonam-kapoor-nobody-can-love-fashion-as-much-as-i-do/

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SillyPepper thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Indeed, why care about trivial things like acting and dialogue delivery? Playing dress up is more important for an actor.
pallavi25 thumbnail

Yeah, all films without Fashion were DISASTERS before you were born and before you debuted, ðŸ¤ª

All Hail to Fashion Ikaun ðŸ˜†

Thank you for rescuing the fate of fashion-less Bollywood films 
.Peaceminusone. thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Me whenever Sonam gives such W*F statements
SRK-BEBO thumbnail
Stylish Pink Bikini film is a blockbuster.
zehreeli.kheer thumbnail
Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 7
Didnt she say after PRDP that all her movies had her in looks without makeup despite being caked with makeup enough for a dozen ladies in the movie? Oh Sonam Sonam
If movies don't work, give W*F statements to stay relevant.
desicrowd thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Shut up sonam... bas bhi karo... itna Zulm nahi dete pagli...

Does she even listen to herself when she speaks?
Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I get fashion inspiration from movies too. But first and foremost there is something called acting that makes a movie worth watching. For instance, the clothes in Aisha were dazzling, but did not take away from the fact that Sonam's acting sucked and consequently the movie.
I don't pay for a movie to get fashion inspiration, there is always the internet for that, cheap and free.

Originally posted by: pallavi25

Yeah, all films without Fashion were DISASTERS before you were born and before you debuted, ðŸ¤ª

All Hail to Fashion Ikaun ðŸ˜†

Thank you for rescuing the fate of fashion-less Bollywood films 

😆😆😆