Pranushka FF - All The Little Things - Chap 2, Pg 7 (7th July '17)

Posted: 6 years ago
Edited by RyReyFics - 6 years ago

ABOUT THE STORY:

Rajshekhar, aka Raj, (Prabhas) and Aarti (Anushka Shetty) are in the seventh year of their childless, sexless and turbulent marriage. Displeased and disconnected, they drift away from each other, physically and emotionally. All what holds them together under the same roof is a feeble string of fading, wavering love. But when bitterness and desperation leads the duo to go beyond the four walls of their tampered relationship in search of all those little things that they had always wished for, that flimsy thread of everything that ever existed in between them takes a fatal blow. 

Originally posted by sri_divya

Nice concept update soon 😊

Thank you sri_divya 😊
CHARACTERS

RAJSHEKHAR / RAJ, 37 (Prabhas)

AARTI, 35 (Anushka Shetty)

PRIYA, 34 (Kangana Ranaut) - Raj's colleague

SARATH, 38 (Mahesh Babu) - Aarti's colleague

RAHUL, 26 (Ram Charan) - Raj's younger brother

Update?

Stay tuned. Going to be updated in a while 😳

CHAPTER 1.

The morning sun began its ascent over a serene, suburban society that lay tucked away from the buzz and pollution of the city. It's a commercially developed community, hence, all the bungalows are more or less identical to each other - crude, modular blocks painted in a neutral shade of beige and grey, each identified by its number embossed in silver over one of its pillars in the front.

A scooty pulled up outside house # 18 and a girl in her early 20's got down from the vehicle. She took off her helmet and prepared to go in when she noticed a familiar someone in the distance. "Can it be..." she whispered doubtfully. Then, she gasped and a smile of recognition lit her face. "Amma! Akka's here!" she announced in a trembling voice and bounded off to meet the person in the distance.

At the commotion, the girl's mother appeared at the doorway. As with her daughter, a similar smile spread across her face as well. "Aarti..." she said under her breath and quickly shuffled down the entrance steps.

Against the backdrop of the cars, trees and buildings in the society, the surprise guest, Aarti, welcomed the shrieking, younger girl into her arms. "At last! You finally came!" She cried in a shrill, excited voice and crashed into her.

"It was hard," Aarti pulled back and explained with a grim expression. "You won't believe it. I book tickets every month. But the very thought of seeing your duck face was enough to make me cancel it."

At her joke, the girl dropped a playful punch on the arm.

"Ow!" Aarti laughed out loud and rubbed her hand over the spot where she just got hit. "So tell me girly, I heard that you've been staring into people's mouths lately."

"Yeah! Keep laughing! Someday you'd have to come to me. Dr. Subbalakshmi, BDS." The girl (Subbalakshmi) said this with a flourish of her hands and Aarti laughed again.

Aarti was thirty-five and fashionably traditional. Compared to the average female population, she was taller, stronger and tougher. Yet, her sweet temperament, complemented by her stunning gorgeousness, balanced it perfectly well. 

Aarti flashed a bright, happy smile when she joined the girl's mother. "Aunty..." she grinned and buried herself in the older woman's embrace.

"Look who's here! My darling Aarti! This is such a lovely surprise!" The older woman gathered up every bit of her niece into her arms. They straightened up and smiled at each other briefly. "You're looking really tired," her aunt observed. Indeed, Aarti did look worn out with her eyes heavily clouded by dark circles.

"Rough journey," Aarti reasoned with a weak sigh.

"How did you come?" she asked.

"Bus," said Aarti. "I wanted to take the train. But you know... Indian Railways...  Last minute seats are just a fantasy." Her smile seemed to falter as her aunt looked over her shoulder, as if searching for someone.

"Where's Raju by the way?" she inquired.

"Oof. What do I tell you?" Aarti threw an arm around her aunt's shoulder. "Long story short. His company didn't grant him a leave. Unfortunately. On the other hand, I had a couple of weeks off in hand. So I thought... why not just pop in and surprise you all?"

Her aunt laughed out loud and led her into the house. They walked past a portrait of Aarti's late mother on the wall. "Well. It's really good that you came darling. Would have been even better if Raju came along."

"I wish so too," she replied as her eyes rested on her mother's portrait for a brief moment.

Date of Death: 4th June, 2001, read a small caption beneath the picture. It's been really long. And yet, her absence always managed to stir up strong feelings of melancholy in Aarti. More now than ever.

"You haven't been here for so long. When was that I saw you last?" Her aunt's voice brought her out of her thoughts.

"Five years back!" Before Aarti could reply, her cousin sister answered the question with a disgruntled scowl. Aarti chuckled at the serious expression on her face.  

"What to do dear? Fa---" Aarti began to explain but her cousin cut her off and filled in again.

"Family commitments. Job. Home. Blah blah! I'm fed up of all your excuses!" She knew the usual alibis and was fed up of hearing them.

Aarti chuckled.

"At least reply to my messages. You don't even do that!" her cousin complained.

"Well. I'm here now to reply to all of it! And I'm not going to let you sleep tonight!" She squeezed her cousin's shoulders and sat down to talk over a cup of tea.

It was past 7 PM when UNITED ENTERPRISES decided to call it a day. Except for a workstation or two, the mid-sized head office, capacitated to hold around one hundred and fifty employees, was empty. The overhead lights being automated, had sensed low traffic and flickered off.

One person, however, seemed to be in no mood to go home - Raj. He remained in his white and cream decor cabin, standing, with his back towards the open door. The glossy teak door behind him, had a translucent glass center which carried a metallic name plate:

RAJSHEKHAR K.

OPERATIONS MANAGER  - SOUTH

His broad shoulders were hunched and his hands were shoved into the pockets of his pants.

It was raining and the water streamed down the large, sliding windows of his cabin and blurred out the relentless city traffic outside into an explosive blend of golden and electric blue colours. His face bore the quiet ripples of a deep emotional turmoil.

Flashback  - That morning

At half past seven, after being snoozed for the third time, Raj finally responded to the alarm. "Shit..." he hissed under his breath and sprang to his feet. He was late for work!

Then he noticed - Aarti's side of the bed was already empty. Like always. But this morning, seeing that place vacant, sent a sharp pang of fear shooting through him.

He bustled out of the room and straight to the kitchen. Found it empty. An eerie, engulfing silence filled the entire house as though he were the only living soul in there.

He hurried back to the room, picked up his phone and prepared to call her when a notification caught his eye - a WhatsApp message, sent at seven in the morning by Aarti:

"I know that you don't need to look for me anymore. But just letting you know... I'm at home. Bye, take care."

Raj's world seemed to crumble. His legs could no longer carry him, so he slowly sank onto the bed while taking shallow breaths. He sat there frozen for a while, not knowing what to do, then, let out a deep sigh and replied:

"Okay..."

End of flashback.

That night, Aarti could not sleep. All those who had given her company throughout the day her cousin, her aunt, had tucked into bed long back.

Aarti lay awake in bed with her eyes on her phone, constantly watching Raj's activities online. By now, he had changed his profile picture and status on WhatsApp. And... he was online. Yet, they had no conversations. Not even a "hi."

She took a deep breath and kept her phone aside. When she lay on her back and stared blankly at the whirring fan, it looked as though she had gone numb and emotionless.

Flashback  - last evening

At around half past eight, Aarti walked into United Enterprises with a packet in her hand. The office was empty. As she walked along the corridors, the automated lights flickered on.

Through the glass centered door of Raj's cabin, she could see that the lights were on inside. She pushed the door, almost walked through and froze at the spot.

Her world began to crumble and fall apart from its very foundation. Shocking - the sight that played before her.

Raj and his colleague Priya in very close proximity. In a compromising position.

Their bodies welded together.

His lips planted on hers.

Her arms around his neck.

His hand on her hip.

He slowly withdrew and gazed into Priya's eyes, searching them...  

Aarti watched the scene, speechlessly. Her knees grew weak. She stumbled a step or two and the packet plopped onto the floor from her limp arm.

At the sound, Raj turned to the door. At Aarti's unexpected presence, he froze.

Aarti's face was ghostly pale. When Raj's eyes met hers, she quickly looked away. Her heart thumped hard and she couldn't even breathe. When she turned to look at Raj again, there was a weak smile on her face. A smile that crushed Raj instantly. What was in it? Confusion? Pain? Contempt? Sarcasm? Or all of it?

End of flashback.

How could you Raj... she thought, how could you do that to me?

She suddenly felt overwhelmed with a tremendous sadness. It came over her like a tsunami and she rolled onto her side and broke down crying into her pillow. From the moment she had walked into that scene, she had frozen numb. She didn't even spill a tear, or rather she could not, even if she wanted to, until now...

Her pain came out in powerful waves, exploding out of her into trembling sobs. She hugged her pillow and wept into it as the question kept screaming in her head.

How could you ever cheat on me?

To be continued...

So my dear friends, here's the first chapter. The story's going to be a little serious with fun parts sprinkled here and there. So don't get depressed as of yet. LOL. Do leave your comments, let me know how it was! Waiting eagerly. Love you all. 

Nice chap 👏 update regularly atleast weekly 😉
Interesting start 
Update soonish ..
Thanks for PM,Dear.😊
It was So Happy to see Story on Pranushka.😊
The Storyline was so Interesting.😊
It was Amazing Start.😊
All the Characters were so Interesting.😊
Aarti and her family Part was so Nice.😊
The Flashback Part was so Interesting.😊
Aarti felt cheated on seeing Raj with Priya,it was so sad.😭
Aarti came to her home leaving Raj,it was so sad.😭
I hope everything will be fine.😊
The Story is getting so Interesting.😊
Please Update Next Part soon and PM to me.😊
                                                                                   PriyaSweety-Anu

Nice chap 👏 update regularly atleast weekly 😉

Surely 😉