Pakistani Serials

Baaghi: Qandeel Baloch Biopic l Urdu 1 l Saba Qamar, Ali Kazmi,

_Tabs_ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 6 years ago
Saba Qamar recently confirmed in an interview that she was going to be playing the role of Qandeel Baloch in an upcoming biopic which will tell the story of the deceased. The biopic promises to be an "extraordinary story of an ordinary girl". Urdu1 also made a biopic based on the life of fighter pilot Marium Mukhtiar few months back. Nina Kashif who is at the helm of affairs believes in doing something out of the ordinary but this time around her attempt to do so isn't being welcomed by the general public for many reasons.

The news of this biopic has already started debate all over social media and does make you wonder about the real reason behind this project, especially when such big names like Umera Ahmed, Saba Qamar and Surmed Sultan Khoosat are associated with it.

http://reviewit.pk/peoples-reaction-to-qandeel-balochs-upcoming-biopic/

*Sorry if already posted
Edited by _Tabs_ - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

_Tabs_ thumbnail

"We have no right to be a judge, jury or executioner for anyone," Kazmi told Instep. "Qandeel Baloch was a troubled individual who made some very questionable choices and videos but she did not deserve to die like the many other women that have been killed under the guise of honor killing'. It is a dishonorable choice of an archaic custom and in no way it is part of our religious beliefs or our culture/traditions. In the cyber world we live in today, it's quite easy and we are all quick to judge people by their photos or their videos and create a profile in our heads. But the truth is we truly don't know their story or what they have been through to get where they are at that point in life."

"I am proud to be a part of Baaghi," Kazmi shared. "It addresses issues like literacy, women's rights, honor killing, multiple marriages and abuse. Like our lives have many different aspects that define it, Baaghi will take you up, down and round like a roller coaster. The play isn't one dimensional. I hope it turns out to be a meaningful piece with the right amount of drama and a message that people will be able to hold onto in their hearts and minds," he concluded.

http://reviewit.pk/qandeel-baloch-was-a-troubled-individual-shares-ali-kazmi-who-plays-a-pivotal-role-in-qandeel-baloch-biopic/

Speaking to Something Haute, Saba Qamar responded to the criticism, "It's jahalat, that's what it is. These people haven't even seen our work yet; they have no idea what we're making. I don't honestly care; I have a job to do and my work will speak for itself. Sadly we have no moral values here in this country. We are really far behind as compared to the rest of the world," she said.

http://reviewit.pk/saba-qamar-responds-to-people-bashing-her-for-qandeel-baloch-biopic/

Saba Qamar recently confirmed in an interview that she was going to be playing the role of Qandeel Baloch in an upcoming biopic which will tell the story of the deceased. The biopic promises to be an "extraordinary story of an ordinary girl". 

http://reviewit.pk/peoples-reaction-to-qandeel-balochs-upcoming-biopic/

Edited by _Tabs_ - 6 years ago
awida thumbnail
Jimmy Jab Games Season 4 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 10 Thumbnail + 7
I am not liking the idea of making a serial about Qandeel. I know honor killing is an important topic. but they can make a fiction show about it. 
_Tabs_ thumbnail
i don't think its glorification of her, but yeah. they could've picked another person or method than a biopic.
but you know what they say, any publicity is good publicity 😆

all these controversies may generate money
ABBY_JERAN thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 9
Why Ali Kazmi and sarmad khoosat 
I can't believe u B.C. to see sarmad with both Saba and sanam baloch 

What punishment is this 
obsessiveperson thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Well, before criticizing let's see how it turns out to be!
AuntyDepressant thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
I personally think it is a very good idea to have a play on Qandeel Baloch. It reveals how hypocritical our society is. We leading sheltered lives and living in secure homes can throw stones at others but our own actions do not give us any right to shame others. What Qandeel did was not Islamic (not going to go into ethical or moral debate) but then is watching dramas and sighing over male actors Islamic?

We all have a hand in what happened to Qandeel. We with our words and our judgements has created a society where a brother thinks killing a sister would save his honor and stop wagging tongues. It is high time that this attitude of naming and shaming others should stop.
pickachu thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
was that really honor killing?
Qandeel was doing those things for a long time.
So how come her bro suddenly thought of his honor?
I heard it happened because the bro was asking for money forcefully
qandeel was not giving him (which was right) so he killed her in anger.
_Tabs_ thumbnail
I mean, i don't think we'll ever know the whole truth...?
could be both...or either one..

her brother claims, he did it because she was ruining the families honor. which is so hypocritical i can't even begin to explain...

how come this family didn't think of this honor when they were starving and on the road and Qandeel started doing this? Once she became more famous then they thought of family's honor. if they truly had an issue with it, they would have stopped her in the beginning.

instead they used her, and her money and then killed her under the pretext of honor killing. 

Esp how can her brother say it was an honor killing when she was literally supporting her family on her own. if he had any izzat, he would get a job and support the family instead of using his sister. 

what ever she did, morally wrong or not. whether she tarnished the family honour or whatever, doesn't give them the liberty and right to kill her? or any human. for that matter.

Regarding this biopic;

it can either go of two ways.

a) showcase who Qandeel baloch was and how she became who she did... all the hardships she faced and thus, turned to social media. and used it to get back at the world and thus somewhat glorifying her...but focusing on why she did what she did. 

or 

b) Focusing on the honour killing aspect and What qandeel was famous for/ what she did. instead of focusing on the why she did.

* just my thoughts, feel free to disagree with words, but not chappals and tamatars 😆

canuck-umz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This was no honour killing lets clear that up. Her brother killed her for her money. Her parents specifically said that it was due to money. Her parents had no issue with what she was doing, they supported her because she was the sole breadwinner of the family and was providing for them unlike her useless brother.