Why its correct to compare BB2 hindi BO with BW hindi movies BO ? - Page 2

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 6 years ago
Now that we know BOI has included Bahubali 2- hindi as a part of its database and now its going to top all the charts at domestic BO of hindi movies (of course not the overseas and Worldwide charts which will be dominated by the biggest global Indian blockbuster - Dangal) 

I completely agree with BOI including a hindi dubbed movie in these charts and comparing it with a BW hindi movie. I am sure and do hope that will add all the previous hindi dubbed movies to the BW box office database as well. 

Now coming to the reason why I agree with them is pretty simple. It is because the audience that made a Dangal, a 3 Idiots, a Gadar, a Sholay big hits of BW is the same as that made a Bahubali (hindi), Jungle book (hindi), Robot (hindi) big hits i.e. Hindi speaking and understanding audience of our country i.e essentially the BW or hindi movie going audience. Its the same people folks be it in Delhi, in Bomabay, in Kolkata, in Ahmedabad, the same BW hindi movie goers. So we are clearly comparing apples with apples when we compare a hindi dubbed movie with a BW movie, be it on any parameter like reviews BO appreciation etc etc. 

So IMO the Bahubali- The conclusion Hindi version is a true all-time grosser at Hindi/BW movie Boxo-office. It will end at around 500 cr nett figure and that should be the bottomline figure that a Tubelight, Tiger, Thug or 2.0 (hindi) needs to beat fair and square in order to be called an All-time grosser again as far as hindi BW movies are concerned at BO
Edited by hum2humare20 - 6 years ago
Atomicbomb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Maybe they did it to spite the Khans.
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
Any film that makes such huge records and is loved by audience universally can be there
Originally posted by: Atomicbomb

Maybe they did it to spite the Khans.

I don't think so. It actually deserves to be there even if we sit back in calm and think logically.
Originally posted by: -DZ-

Any film that makes such huge records and is loved by audience universally can be there

No. That should not be the reason. All dubbed hindi movies need to be added. I am sure they will now add the previous hindi dubbed ones with time. I often used to wonder why a Jungle book hindi is not included in their charts. It's just that it took a monster like BB2 hindi for them to wake up and place it in their charts and rightly so. There is saying der se aye par durust aye. ๐Ÿ˜Š

BTW Hi DZ ๐Ÿ˜ณ
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
^^ I beg to differ ๐Ÿ˜Š Not all dubbed films but only those that have an effect like BB..but to each his own..๐Ÿ˜Š Hi๐Ÿ˜Š
DJGabbar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If inclusion of all dubbed film before bahubali 2 would have been happen on BOI, it would have made sense, sudden inclusion arouse suspicion as what actual reason it can be.

One of the main reason of including bahubali 2 will raise up average ticket price of 2017, which is always benefitery for adj. net figures tables where big hits from previous years footfalls are directly multiplied to these average ticket price of today. Shahrukh's DDLJ will benefit from this mostly as that was the film which is close to Dangal's business, aamir's next would have crossed it, so BOI needed to extended it by adding up bahubali 2.
Originally posted by: ChingumSir

If inclusion of all dubbed film before bahubali 2 would have been happen on BOI, it would have made sense, sudden inclusion arouse suspicion as what actual reason it can be.

One of the main reason of including bahubali 2 will raise up average ticket price of 2017, which is always benefitery for adj. net figures tables where big hits from previous years footfalls are directly multiplied to these average ticket price of today. Shahrukh's DDLJ will benefit from this mostly as that was the film which is close to Dangal's business, aamir's next would have crossed it, so BOI needed to extended it by adding up bahubali 2.

I completely agree with you that they should have included hindi dubbed movies in their charts right from the start. But I think they didn't expect a hindi dubbed movie like BB2 would be loved so much by the same BW audience that loved Bajrangi Bhaijaan and Dabangg. So it had to be a shock factor that propelled them to include BB2 hindi. What should have been done before has been done now. But its all fair and square and correct. Better late than never. 
See dude, BOI is the only credible website we have as far as Hindi BO is concerned. So I completely agree with their decision and I hope all previous hindi dubbed versions are included as well. Atleast top grossers like robot, jungle book etc. etc. 

Regarding the conspiracy and suspicious theories you are talking about, I disagree outright. The reasons you are giving like to pump up DDLJ they are doing this. I mean why would they do it? So you feel they are biased towards SRK or something? Actually I didnt even get your point properly. Sorry. Because as far as I know, it doesnt matter if ATP is raised or lowered. The bottomline for any movie is the FOOTFALLS. And the truth is nobody can change the footfalls of a movie. 

FACT is Bahubali all languages (10 + crore) has easily crossed the footfalls of HAHK (7.4 crore) and is probably below movies like Sholay and Mughal E Azam only in all time footfalls list of Indian movies.

But yeah Bahubali hindi footfalls (around 5.5 - 6 crore) will remain behind HAHK footfalls but welll above Gadar, DDLJ and Raja Hindustani. So I dont think you need to worry if you are a Salman fan if you are comparing BB2 hindi with HAHK. But dude, dont even think about comparing Bahubali all language domestic footfalls with HAHK footfalls.
DJGabbar thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Average Ticket Price of 2016 will come in 130-135 rupee range, all thanks to dangal, now with bahubali 2, 2017's ATP will be raised close to 140 for sure, may be higher. Now do the math, DDLJ's Adj. nett will shoot up with this raise or else TOH would be coming to cross it's Adj. nett figures. 

Regarding footfalls, i didn't said anything nor the topic was, you want to debate that?
Originally posted by: ChingumSir

Average Ticket Price of 2016 will come in 130-135 rupee range, all thanks to dangal, now with bahubali 2, 2017's ATP will be raised close to 140 for sure, may be higher. Now do the math, DDLJ's Adj. nett will shoot up with this raise or else TOH would be coming to cross it's Adj. nett figures. 

Regarding footfalls, i didn't said anything nor the topic was, you want to debate that?

arre but adj net or adj gross or anything adj. depends on the footfalls of a movie. So if Bahubali 2 or Dangal or TOH or TZH or Tubelight footfalls are more than Gadar, DDLJ or anything, automatically adj. goes higher. 

TOH footfalls need to be higher than DDLJ. Simple. For it to be a bigger hit than DDLJ. Whats BB2 got to do with that. OR are you saying BOI will be manipulating ATP of movies to pump up DDLJ? Whats with this obsession of DDLJ may I ask? It would barely be even in the top 10 all time biggest hits of BW imo. So why you feel its a conspiracy. ATP does not matter. Footfalls matter. Also its possible TOH releases with normal ticket rates and its footfalls come huge. Even bigger than gadar forget DDLJ. I think you feel BOI is biased to SRK or something. ๐Ÿ˜•