Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Dangal magic in China is bigger than Bahubali magic in India

Posted: 6 years ago
Dangal is the first true crossover Bollywood movie and it's collecting like a HW film there. Like around 14 million dollars on Saturday which is like 90 crores rupees. God knows what havoc its going to create on Sunday ðŸ˜² And God knows what its lifetime going to be in China, maybe 200 million dollars.

I agree Bahubali is doing amazing in India and its overall footfalls have easily gone past even HAHK footfalls and it's closing in on the most historic BO juggernaut of Indian cinema i.e Sholay. But still we have seen such stupendous BO collection like Bahubali in movies like Sholay or Mughal-E-Azam. 

But What about Dangal in China? The only term for it is Historic. Also Dangal will be far ahead of Bahubali 2 in the worldwide BO after both their lifetime runs end. 

So we should be more proud of a Dangal rather than Bahubali (doesnt mean we shouldnt be proud of BB at all) because Dangal is giving Indian cinema some real recognition internationally that too in a selfish communist country like China. ðŸ˜Š

Edited by hum2humare20 - 6 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

2RsFan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Bahubali 1 was a  flop in China too
Originally posted by: Jupiters_Cock

Bahubali 1 was a  flop in China too

I know right. Someone the other day, was arguing with me that Bahubali 2 will be phenomenon in China too and I found the members arguments pretty silly to be honest. Bahubali series is only a craze in India and to an extent in America because America is being taken over and over populated by South Indian people gradually. Which is shocking and sad really. 

Bottomline is 

Bahubali 2 numbers in India are record breaking and wont be touched by any movie for a long time to come, be it Hindi version (500cr net lifetime) -target for BW movies 
OR the all language movie (1000 cr net lifetime) -target for all Indian movies.

AND

Dangal wordwide (1500-2000 cr gross lifetime) numbers are Historic and wont be touched by any Indian movie for a long time to come. 

Now which one to keep at the top? Dangal or Bahubali 2 ? That is subjective.
Most of people in India care only about hindi BW box office or Indian Box office and dont give a f**k about overseas or worldwide. So in that sense, Bahubali 2 is at the top.

But according to my personal choice and majority of people outside India i.e. Americans or British or Chinese only care about the Worldwide gross numbers. So Dangal should be at the top.

Anyways, both movies are great and we should be proud of both. 
Dangal today might reach 20 mil $ in China ðŸ˜² Edited by hum2humare20 - 6 years ago
Edited by hum2humare20 - 6 years ago
ViccoTurmeric thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: hum2humare20

I know right. Someone the other day, was arguing with me that Bahubali 2 will be phenomenon in China too and I found the members arguments pretty silly to be honest. Bahubali series is only a craze in India and to an extent in America because America is being taken over and over populated by South Indian people gradually. Which is shocking and sad really. 

Bottomline is 

Bahubali 2 numbers in India are record breaking and wont be touched by any movie for a long time to come, be it Hindi version (500cr net lifetime) -target for BW movies 
OR the all language movie (1000 cr net lifetime) -target for all Indian movies.

AND

Dangal wordwide (1500-2000 cr gross lifetime) numbers are Historic and wont be touched by any Indian movie for a long time to come. 

Now which one to keep at the top? Dangal or Bahubali 2 ? That is subjective.
Most of people in India care only about hindi BW box office or Indian Box office and dont give a f**k about overseas or worldwide. So in that sense, Bahubali 2 is at the top.

But according to my personal choice and majority of people outside India i.e. Americans or British or Chinese only care about the Worldwide gross numbers. So Dangal should be at the top.

Anyways, both movies are great and we should be proud of both. 

American seeing increase in South Indian population (Bahubaali hasnt only appealed to them) --- Why is it sad reality?

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Apparently the secret is make a good movie that appeals to a wide audience with a good story. And Ta-da BW has two big hits. But will they learn ? 
Originally posted by: Justmoi

Apparently the secret is make a good movie that appeals to a wide audience with a good story. And Ta-da BW has two big hits. But will they learn ? 

Yes they have already learnt. Sarkar 3 is in theaters. 
Originally posted by: ViccoTurmeric

American seeing increase in South Indian population (Bahubaali hasnt only appealed to them) --- Why is it sad reality?

Justmoi thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hum2humare20

Yes they have already learnt. Sarkar 3 is in theaters. 

The takeaway will be Mythological films or wrestling. Watch, every starkid launch will have aspects of that. ðŸ˜†