Koi Laut Ke Aaya Hai

Sharad Kelkar reveals he used to stammer till he was 28!!TOI

vyoman thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 6 years ago

Sharad Kelkar, the Hindi voice of Baahubali, reveals he used to stammer till he was 28

Asha Mahadevan| Mumbai Mirror | May 3, 2017, 12.23 PM IST
Sharad Kelkar, the Hindi voice of Baahubali, reveals he used to stammer till he was 28
TV actor Sharad Kelkar, who is now being hailed as the 'voice of India' after dubbing for Prabhas in Bahubali 2, revealed in his recent interview to Mirror that he used to stammer till he was 28 years old.

Talking about his speech struggles, Sharad said, "Sometimes, I get tears in my eyes when I think about it. Friends used to make fun of me, say 'keep your mouth shut'. Now I've proved that even if your kid stammers, they can be the voice of India."

Sharad has been winning accolades for being the Hindi voice behind Prabhas' characters. And now a part of an epic, history-making film. When the makers first approached Sharad to dub for Prabhas, he had no idea how big the films will become. Back then, he was more keen to meet SS Rajamouli.

"When they called me for a voice test, I asked if I can meet SS Rajamouli sir as I am a huge fan of his films," recalls Sharad. "And they said yes, I will be meeting him. So, I went to Rajkamal Studios to do the voice test. And I expressed my desire to work with him (the director)." He was not expecting a quick response, but much to his surprise, they called him back the same evening, saying Rajamouli had chosen him to give voice to his protagonists.

He tried his best to make sure there are subtle differences in the way he voiced Amarendra Bahubali, and the two sides of his son's character - Shivudu and Mahendra. Sharad reveals that he had to dub the oath (which comes just before the interval in Baahubali 2) about 50 times. But all that effort was worth it in the end.

"When I was in the theatre, people were clapping at the interval. And that line when he says, 'Jab tak tum mere saath ho mujhe maarne wala paida nahin hua, mama (As long as you are by my side, the man who can kill me is not yet born, uncle),' people were hugging me. Never thought my voice would get such attention."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

bawaswift thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
TFS my dear sis... πŸ˜Š
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  Thanks  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜³  πŸ˜³ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜³  For The Informative Article  ! !  β˜ΊοΈ πŸ˜ƒ Really Worked Hard I Guess ! ! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† 

πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜³   πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ