Posted: 6 years ago

Bahubali...

There is no introduction required for "Bahubali". Rajamouli's magnum opus, Bahubali's second and final installment released on April 28, 2017.

Who can forget the question which made the entire nation goes crazy "Why did Kattappa killed Bahubali?"

The film went to become the biggest grosser of Indian film industry collecting 114 crore+ on the first day.

So, what is the hype all about?

Let's see...

Several years back, Rajamouli wished to make a "Janapada" movie.

Janapada movies are extinct in this modern saga but the early days of Indian film industry, was filled with it.

Being on a success strike, the director, who never had a box office flop, when thought of making one, producers were all the more excited to invest on him.

Ok, so it was just a wish of making a movie in that genre. Then, how did Bahubali come?

It was from his father, KK Vijayendra Prasad.

The writer, cum father of Rajamouli, one day, just narrated about his fictional Character "Sivagami".

The characteristics of "Sivagami" was taken as the foundation.

The story developed and the cast were decided.

Soon after, the shooting started, they realized, the movie can't be said in the span of three hours.

They announced two parts.

The cast, crew, and every other non-technical and techinal stuff, were supportive enough to carry on with the project.

We can just plan things and except for disturbances, but even the team may not have known that it takes around six years for a project.

Ok, so finally, Bahubali : The beginning was released and it made the entire world turn around take a look at our Indian Film standards.

Being a story buff, I was disappointed with the movie(1st part) but the disappointment can be easily taken away the CG and VFX team.

The directory of war sequences were so brilliant.

After the release of the first part, expectations for the second rose to sky.

Especially, every person, had his own answer for "Why did Kattappa killed Bahubali?"

So, when Bahubali 2 was released, the director perfectly molded his answer with the logic which didn't leave any disappointment.

So, what is Bahuabli 2 has?

As per my brother, who commented to me upon asking how is Bahubali : The conclusion,"Bahuabli 1 is nothing compared with Bahubali 2. idhu vere level(This is another level.)"

Seeing the movie, I can be cent percent sure, even you guys agree to him.

Not only did Rajamouli concentrated more on CG and VFX, he looked in all aspects.

In the first part, those who are connected with Shivudu or Mahendra Bahubali's character, will feel different now.

Rajamouli manages us to connect with Amarendra Bahubali and the emotions he portrayed make us feel it.

The background score and music by MM Keeravani is definitely the huge plus point of this film.

Whatever the director tried to convey, reached to us only with BG Score.

Coming to artists, I was disappointed with Rana.

In the Flashback of first part, Rana was handsome, but in the middle of the second part(flash back) I felt he is little sick and reduced a lot of weight.

The fight between Mother-in-law and Daughter-in-law duo was amazing.

Both are strong headed, egoistic and not ready to bend.

They were worth watching.

Those who feel Bahubali lack in comedy, try seeing Bahubali 2. The first half makes you ROFL.

The second half is more serious, dramatic and action types but that's how the story should be.

Coming to acting wise, Anushka definitely proved herself as an actress. Unlike in other movies, she was way more beautiful here.

Ramya krishna, no words. She herself said, "Bahubali's Sivagami made people forget her Padayyapa's Nilambari."

Sathyaraj: Should I say anything specific? Another legend who made the entire nation discuss about his character for almost 3 years.

Nasser: A legend himself,even though his charcter has the least scope, he steals the show with his evilness.

Tammannah: She has very very little screen presence.

Subbaraju aka Kumaraverma: The innocent cousin of Devasena. I have seen him in many roles; an angry young man, good friend, etc but never a coward. He portrayed too well.

Rana & Prabahs: Show stealesr. I loved Rana's character so much. His love on Devasena (even when she is a old and ugly), was truly commendable. He did cent percent justice.

When I saw his young look in trailer, I was like I like this man more than Bahubali.

His character is dark but there are depths to it which can't be explored in a movie.

I like Prabhas from his intial days of his career but I like rana more in Bahubali 1. Bahubali 2 changed my thoughts.

Just like Amarendra Bahubali took away Devasena's heart, he stole mine too. Even though, Amarendra Bahubali's essence characters come from Lord Ram, he stole many girls heart by becoming Shri Krishna.

Jai Mahishmathi.

A very good critical analysis  Lover .😊
The Bahubali 2 belongs mainly to Devasena and the F Bahubali . Anushka's regal presence mesmerized the audience and her towering stature with her royal beauty  not only added spark and glitter  to the movie , but it enhanced the historical fact that in ancient times too , women used to command respect  for  her intellect  and wisdom ,from the King as well as  from her people . 

Originally posted by sagarika01

A very good critical analysis  Lover .😊
The Bahubali 2 belongs mainly to Devasena and the F Bahubali . Anushka's regal presence mesmerized the audience and her towering stature with her royal beauty  not only added spark and glitter  to the movie , but it enhanced the historical fact that in ancient times too , women used to command respect  for  her intellect  and wisdom ,from the King as well as  from her people . 

yes, you are right dear.
I wonder where does that feminism go in this modern saga.

Thank you.
Originally posted by ..Lunatic.Lover

yes, you are right dear.
I wonder where does that feminism go in this modern saga.

Thank you.
  Women in India  since Rig Vedic period enjoyed high status in society. Their condition was good. The women were provided opportunity to attain high intellectual and spiritual standard. There were many women  Scholars and Rishis during that  period.  There was no sati system or early marriage.But from enjoying free and esteemed positions in the Rig-Vedic society, women started being discriminated  since the Later-Vedic period in education and other rights and facilities. Child marriage, widow burning, the purdah and polygamy further worsened the women's position.

The epics and Puranas equated women with property. That is the most unfortunate turn in women's status in the society   Surprisingly even Buddhism did little for women. . During this period men were polygamous and widow burning was an accepted norm. Arthashastra imposed more stigmas on women as Kautilya dismissed women's liberation and they were not free even to go elsewhere without husband's permission.😑  The Smritishastras abused them; Manu dictated a woman would be dependent on her father in childhood, on her husband in youth and on her son in old age. Apart from child marriage and sati, prostitution and devadasi system became widespread. Now we reached to this state ,ie. stand here as a mere spectator of the downgraded status of women in the modern day society !! Have to beg legal aid  for entering in to politics [ 30% reservation !!, is an insult to the women folk !] Now we entered in to a new phase , have to look after the house and family , have to take care of the children , and for the financial independence, and for enhancement  have to work , a multitasker without having her own life !!  Lover ... as you rightly mentioned , many of us are wondering-- I wonder where does that feminism go in this modern saga?!

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AEuWnovUcE[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by sagarika01 - 6 years ago
@sagarika
Good to see your view.
I agree.

Now, we are in such a stage where a woman herself feels ita her dharma to follow the men in her life.

i would say one of the major reasons of bahubali's success the major role of sivagami, followed by devasena and avantika.

Three different characters but with none, there cant be any bahubali.

If not for avantika and her passion, committment to get Devasena out of prison, Shivudu wouldnt have fallen For her.

If not for Sivagami, there is no mahishmathi. 

If not for Devasena,  bhallala deva wouldnt have become the king and no story at all.

Offscreen, its prashanthi, rama and valli.

So even in films the success depends on the major role of a woman.

Originally posted by ..Lunatic.Lover

@sagarika
Good to see your view.
I agree.

Now, we are in such a stage where a woman herself feels ita her dharma to follow the men in her life.

i would say one of the major reasons of bahubali's success the major role of sivagami, followed by devasena and avantika.

Three different characters but with none, there cant be any bahubali.

If not for avantika and her passion, committment to get Devasena out of prison, Shivudu wouldnt have fallen For her.

If not for Sivagami, there is no mahishmathi. 

If not for Devasena,  bhallala deva wouldnt have become the king and no story at all.

Offscreen, its prashanthi, rama and valli.

So even in films the success depends on the major role of a woman.

Well said Love . I agree with all your points .πŸ€—
Hoping the audience will realise the women power  after watching this film .😊
I totally agree with you πŸ‘πŸΌ
Sivagami's reaction to  Devasena, it shocked me, at first I thought was it the arrogance of power that made her react like that, Sivagami was a woman of justice then why she failed to see Devasena? But then when I looked back I realised that it was not just the hurt ego of Sivagami, yes pride was there, more it was the vulnerability of the mother, the scene where Sivagami is gifting Bhalla kinda reflects that, probably she thought she must have been neglecting her son, the son who happily respected her decision of making Baahubali the King, so somewhere she wanted to give him what she could and all he wanted was Devasena, so it is also this vulnerability that made her blind in seeing the right. 

Both of them are strong willed Independent woman and I respect both of them⭐️
Originally posted by ..Khaleesi..

I totally agree with you πŸ‘πŸΌ
Sivagami's reaction to  Devasena, it shocked me, at first I thought was it the arrogance of power that made her react like that, Sivagami was a woman of justice then why she failed to see Devasena? But then when I looked back I realised that it was not just the hurt ego of Sivagami, yes pride was there, more it was the vulnerability of the mother, the scene where Sivagami is gifting Bhalla kinda reflects that, probably she thought she must have been neglecting her son, the son who happily respected her decision of making Baahubali the King, so somewhere she wanted to give him what she could and all he wanted was Devasena, so it is also this vulnerability that made her blind in seeing the right. 

Both of them are strong willed Independent woman and I respect both of them⭐️

@bold. Definitely, it was start of her vulnerability which continued to increase with time. 
Awesome review...
some lines have resemblence on ur POV...
Originally posted by deepu_t_d09

Awesome review...
some lines have resemblence on ur POV...
ty πŸ˜ƒ