Mehbeer TS : Repost bcas i luv dis

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 6 years ago
"You have been given a second chance to start your life over. You can't throw this opportunity away. If you do you will be a colossal fool. If you get the chance to do something and don't do it then you'll simply live with regret. That's a worse situation than trying something daring and maybe not succeeding. At least you tried. Isn't that what you want to show your kids?" 

@@@@@

"Maa I'm fine... Trust me... Bua please don't cry..."
Meher just came out of coma, and was surrounded by the people she loved to death. Her family beside her. Tears of happiness in their eyes on seeing her alive in front of them. She had been trying to console them and tell them she was alright, while her eyes yearned for someone else. 
"Tunnu..." Meher called tarun who was standing at the doorstep crying.
"Di.. Di I'm sorry..."
"Where is Abeer...??" She couldn't help but ask.
"Woh jiju... Woh maa... Di woh..." Tarun fumbled with words.
"I told him to stay away from you... The man who broke you once and now almost killed you... He isn't coming close to you..." replied suman.
Meher was taken aback with the tone her mother spoke about Abeer. She adored abeer once... Right...?? How can she now hate him that much...?? And what's with her blaming him...??
"Why are saying this maa...?? What has he done..??"
"You are asking what has he done... You can't be serious meher... And on the top you still want to see him..." asked bua looking at meher in disbelief.
"What has happened to you all...?? What's wrong in me wanting to see my husband...???" Meher asked in shock and disappointment written on her face.
"Husband..." They all whispered.
Meher was scared to death on seeing their shocked faces.
"Where is Abeer...?? Abeeerrr...???" She asked and then with the little energy she had in her body, shouted his name.
Meher kept looking at the door and there he was. Looking tired, exhausted, dull and broken. Swollen red eyes, dried lips, grown beard, messed up hair. If this wasn't enough to scare her, then think about what she felt when he kept standing outside the hospital room looking at her longingly. Meher didn't know the reason why abeer was being cold towards her and wasn't even taking a step towards her. Doesn't he want to make sure she is alright and hug her. Doesn't he want to meet her.
"Abeer..." Meher whispered and a sole tear rolled down her eye.
She saw him looking at her mother and bua, as if asking for some kind of permission from them. But why does he need their permission to see his wife. His legally wedded wife. He had every right on her, didn't he...??
"Leave me alone... Please..." Meher pleaded and wiped her tear. She was vulnerable right now and wanted to be alone. She had no idea why everything seemed so strange and different. As if years passed by and she had no clue. As if things changed and she still sat there hoping nothing ever changes. What was happening with her... She had no idea.
They all left the room and meher closed her eyes hoping, this time abeer would come to see her. Then she heard the click of the door. Her heart started beating at a supersonic speed. He was finally coming to see her. She opened her eyes when she felt his gaze on her and his presence around her.
"I'm sorry..." She whispered.
"I'm the one who is sorry meher... I'm really ashamed..." Abeer said looking at his feet.
"Abeer... You have nothing to apologise for... I would have started the fight... Given you another reason..." Meher said and abeer looked up at her in shock.
"Meher..."
"Please baby... Forgive me... I don't remember what happened exactly and I don't want to lose you... I love you abeer..."
Abeer couldn't believe his own ears and stood there, his feet rooted to the ground. He was unable to process the hidden meaning in meher's words.
"I don't understand... Are you alright..??" He held her hand out of care and asked her.
"I don't know what I feel... Take me in your arms... Please..."
Meher requested, looking scared as a child who just woke up from a nightmare; and abeer took her in his strong arms. He wanted to console her and never leave her side, so did she. Her favourite pair of arms as a matter of fact, was now wrapped around her.
Abeer felt as if all the pieces of a puzzle fell into the right places. He was hugging her, his meher. The moment he wanted to happen 8 years ago... They wouldnt have separated if they got this moment back then. He felt a tug at his shirt and heard her sob. One tear of her, fell on his chest and made way into his shirt.
"I was so scared... I saw a very bright light. But around me, it was all darkness. I walked towards that light, everything seemed beautiful... As I adjusted my eyes to that bright light, I saw flowers all around. A green field. Beautiful colourful flowers. The ones which are really rare to find. Butterflies all around. There was such a soothing fragrance at that place. I closed my eyes as I run my finger on a flower. It felt as if I remembered all the happy times I ever had in life. Every moment you and I spent together. Falling in love, and getting married. And then I felt someone call my name, I opened my eyes and there was no one. I then saw a cute baby... That cute smile and grey eyes... I wanted to hold that angel... I started walking more and more into that path until I was called again. I could hear someone crying and pleading. I froze when I realised it was you... You were begging for me.. To stop. I looked around and saw you holding my hand; your feet bleeding as if you walked on million thorns, tears rolling down your eyes. You tried pulling me again towards that dark place. Away from the bright white light. And it felt as if someone was pulling from the other side; I didn't want to leave that place but I couldn't even let you go, so I followed you back..."
Abeer was breathing heavily now. Meher wouldn't have understand her dream but he did. Hell it wasn't a dream. His love brought her back to life. He brought his meher back to life. Her soul happily left her body but it couldn't leave him. His true love pulled her back.
"I love you meher... Thank you baby... Thank you coming back..." Abeer broke the hug and told meher cupping her cheeks wiping her tears with his thumb.
"You brought me back abeer... I cant live without you... I love you too..."
"Never leave me again baby... I will die without you..." Abeer whispered and leaned into meher, carefully making her lie on the bed.
He placed his lips on hers and kissed her softly. He kissed him back and smiled in the kiss.
"I love you meher..." Abeer whispered resting his forehead on hers.
"I love you too abeer..."
"Baby tumhe yaad hai tum yahan kaise aayi...??"
"No..." Meher replied with fear stricken face.
"We had an argument... You left the house and... And here you are... In this hospital room... Its all my fault meher..." said abeer and hugged her waist. 
His hands clutching her waist firmly and tears flowing from his eyes. Meher felt his tears wetting her hospital gown. She couldn't bear it, her abeer breaking down in front of her. Crying helplessly like an infant.
"Abeer please don't blame yourself... Whatever happened is now our past... Let's forget it baby... I love you..." Meher said running her finger in his hair. Her silent promise of being always there for him. By his side.
"I love you too..." Abeer said and kissed her stomach, making meher shiver under his touch.
Abeer told meher to take some rest and goes outside the room. But before he could walk up to suman or devki, the doctor entered meher's room. Abeer went and stood outside the cabin; waiting for the doctor to examine meher. The doctor came out and abeer looked at him focusing all his attention on the doctor.
"I need to talk to you Mr. Malhotra..."
Abeer followed the doctor into his cabin. Suman, devki and tarun followed him too.
"So what is it doctor...?? I know something is wrong with my wife..." Abeer said.
"She is not your wife..." Devki corrected.
Abeer ignored and nodded at the doctor to continue.
"So since the patient hit herself on her head. There was a lot of internal bleeding that happened. Chances are that.. That the patient has amnesia. Partial amnesia... And we are not supposed to make her forcefully remember the part of her memory she forgot. You all have to support her through this difficult time and make sure she takes no stress... Any kind of stress can harm her... Severe damage this time..."
"I'm never leaving her side doctor... I assure you meher will be fine and she will have no stress... No stress I repeat..."
Abeer stormed out of the cabin leaving suman and devki in the cabin while tarun followed abeer.
"Jiju... Di remembers us and you... What did she exactly forget...??" 
"You smarty... She forgot our divorce... The years we weren't together... So.."
"So you and di are getting back together... Right...??"
"Absolutely..."
And they hugged each other in happiness.

@@@@@@
Edited by pallavi_bs - 6 years ago
It's you and me
Moving at the speed of light into eternity, yeah,
Tonight is the night to join me in the middle of ecstasy.
Feel the melody in the rhythm of the music around you, around you
Imma take you there, Imma take you there
So don't be scared
I'm right here, baby
We can go anywhere, go anywhere
But first it's your chance,
Take my hand come with me

@@@@@@

"Tumhe chahie kya jaanu private...??" 
"Biwi hoon nahi... Thi... Yeh mat bhulna..."
"Ise humari aakhri baat cheet samajh na..."
"Tumhara dhyaan humari toot to hui shadi mein tha hi nahi..."
"Kyun aayi tum meri zindagi mein..."
"I hate you abeer..."
"Uski salary ka cheque main sign karungi..."
"Yeh is baar bhi jab jayega toh kuch na kuch todh kar hi jaega..."
"Tum apne guess, zidd or ego mein kuch bhi kar sakte ho..."
"Meher... Meher... Get up... Baby... Meher..."
Meher opened her eyes and looked at the pair of eyes fixed on her. He smiled at her and she returned the smile. His hand cupped her cheek and then moved to her forehead, wiping the sweat drops.
"What were you dreaming about huh...?? Sweating...?? In an air conditioned room...😉" Abeer asked meher.
"I don't know... It was weird... All I could hear were voices... And yes... Some flashes... I couldn't see anything clearly..." Meher replied.
She was confused and scared. But not more than abeer. How he wished every day that meher never remembers what happened in their life years ago.
"Abeer why is it still happening with me...?? Its been years now..."
"Its nothing baby... I am with you... You have nothing to worry about..." Abeer told meher taking her in his arms and switching off the light.
"Abeer... Did we really use to fight that much back then...?? Just before the accident..."
"Very... I never knew you could turn into as fierce tigress... Ek dum khoon ki pyaasi..." abeer replied.
Meher giggled and wrapped her arm around him.
"You know it right...??"
"Ya... I know... You love me..." Meher grinned.
"A lot..." Abeer added.
"But why did you said something on the lines of this is our last conversation..." Meher asked.
"Can you please stop thinking about it...??" Abeer was not up for any sort of discussion over their past, at such an odd hour of the night.
"Yes... But for that you might have to distract me tonight..." 
"Pleasure is all mine..."
"I love you.." Meher whispered just as his lips touched hers.
Kissing him always delighted her and made her feel alive. Every night when he took her in his embrace, all her tiredness vanished. Only she knew how much she missed him when he was away. And By away she means the time he spends in office or his studio. Abeer was her drug and she couldnt never get enough of him. Even after being married to him for years now, she enjoys the bliss of being loved by him and the pleasure he gave her. The passion, well it only increasing with time.

Meher opened her eyes when she heard a soft knock on their bedroom door and a whisper. The door knocked again. Meher shook abeer urgently asking him to wake up.
"What...?? You want more...??" Abeer asked pulling meher towards him.
"Abeer... Get dressed... I have to open the door..." Meher stopped abeer and pulled herself away from him.
Meher got out of the bed and picked abeer's shirt from the floor, throwing at his face.
"Wear it..."
Meher opened the door and looked down at the floor. Here she was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall and hugging her teddy bear. The reason of her happiness. Her daughter. Their four years old daughter. Chahat.

"Aww my baby... Good morning Jaana..." Meher sat on her knees and took her angel in her arms.
"Good morning..." Chahat, meher minion chirped at meher.
To be honest, chahat was no where like her dear mommy. She was more like her daddy dearest. Abeer's princess. The apple of his eyes. Chahat's wish was abeer's command. 
As meher broke the hug, chahat ran into the room leaving her teddy on the floor. Meher picked the teddy in her arms and closed the door. As she came back to the bed, she saw abeer taking her in his arms and father daughter duo hugging each other. She smiled and got into the bed, her eyes never leaving the duo and praying to god to always protect her family. 
"Goodie morning..." Chahat said and kissed abeer's cheek.
He smiled with his eyes still closed and replied "goodie morning princess...".
Chahat poked abeer's nose with her finger and giggled when abeer made a face. She then stretched opened his eye a bit with her tiny fingers and was sad when she didn't get a reaction. Soon she felt ticklish and giggled as abeer tickled her. Meher grinned and pulled chahat towards her, saving her little kid from being tickled. Chahat hugged meher instantly and kept on laughing. Her laughter being the sweetest sound for meher and abeer.
"Why are you up that early...??" Abeer asked chahat after she stopped laughing.
"Early riser.." Chahat replied while jumping on the bed.
Meher smirked at abeer. She was way too proud of her daughter. She was a fast learner and much brighter than other kids of her age.
"Chal jhoothi..." said abeer.
"I'm not jhoothi... She is.." Chahat said pointing at meher, who was enjoying her black coffee.
"Haww... What did I do...??" Meher asked in shock.
Abeer shrugged his shoulders and focused all his attention on chahat. The girl hates to share the attention of her daddy. One fact that abeer loves.
"Mom said I'm like her... But I'm like you... I can sing also... She cannot..." Chahat sat on the bed and complained abeer.
Then she sat in abeer's lap and whispered in his ear "and don't tell her I love you more...".
"What's with the whispering...??" Meher asked raising one of her eye brow.
"Ohh... She says she isn't a chashmish like you..." Abeer replied.
"What..?? Chahat..." Meher glared at her daughter who now smiled innocently and hided herself in abeer's arms. 
"Meher please meri beti ko nazar mat lgao yaar.." Abeer told meher and winked at her.
"Argghhh... I'm gonna go and prepare breakfast..." saying this meher left the room.
"I want pizza.." Chahat yelled.
"Early in the morning... No..." Meher yelled back.
Chahat looked sadly at abeer and abeer shrugged his shoulders in defeat.
"Such a sadu sometimes..." He whispered keeping his head on chahat's tiny shoulder.
"True..." She said and giggled.

It was a Sunday afternoon, meher was sitting in her room while abeer and chahat were not at home. Abeer took chahat to meet madhvi, the cry loving grandmother. Since her accident, they have been living in a house of their own, away from malhotra house. The house abeer bought for her... The house where they started their life again. The house that witnessed every moment of their love and some of their arguments. The house which became home after chahat was born. She completed their family. In fact, she made them a family.

Ever since chahat was born, abeer made sure that chahat would only see and know her grandmother, madhvi. Madhvi loved and pampered chahat in every possible way and chahat was also fond of her grandmother. On the other hand, Kuber Malhotra had no right to see his daughter, forget meeting her. Meher tried several times to know the reason behind it but she never succeeded. She now has somehow accepted things the way they are.

Abeer's POV

Falling in love with meher and getting married to her was the best thing that ever happened to me. Doubting on our love and signing those divorce papers was the biggest blunder I ever did. But god was kind, meher walked back into my life. If it wasn't her decision of joining Groove, we would still be living yearning, loving and hating each other. She returned in my life and made me realised that I still wasn't over her. Long 8 years of separation were also not enough. Not enough to forget her or to let go off her. Letting her go meant giving up on life. And then there came a time which made me realise that I was still in love with meher. More passionately and deeply than ever. Her accident. The time I saw her struggling in that ICU. The time everyone tried pushing me away from meher. They all blamed me but it didn't matter. All that mattered was meher and her well being. I wanted my meher back at any cost. I couldn't lose her and I knew it would be forever, she wouldn't return If she left that time. And it all happened because of my so called father. Mr. Kuber Malhotra. I hated him and I still do. I swore that if god forbid anything happened to meher, I would put kuber Mallhotra's world on fire. 60 lakhs and he insulted my meher. He humiliated the woman I love to death, calling her a gold digger. If it was any other person, I would have killed him mercilessly. 
Those two painful weeks... 14 days... And then I got my meher back. This time for eternity. I knew that. She had partial amnesia and she believed that we were still together. She looked at me weith love, hugged me and after 8 years called me 'baby'. She was my meher and I couldn't let her go. I decided to go with the flow and love her immensely. Mummyji and tunnu were by my side, supporting me and I could see they were also happy that meher and I were getting back together. Bua ji... Well I rest my case.
That night also, I stayed with meher; like I did in the last two weeks. I entered the room after buying the medicines and I heard her sobbing. I never felt that scared in my whole life. And wondered what if meher remembered everything. I asked her the reason behind those tears and she hugged me. She told me that she is feeling lost and broken. She doesn't remember the last 10 years of her life. A decade of our relationship. She cried like a baby in my arms that night and even asked me if we had a kid. I told her we decided not to plan a baby until we settle in our lives and she agreed to it. Weeks passed by and meher remembered nothing. All the time she used to tell me to take her to malhotra house. How could I take her there... How... But meher couldn't understand it and I don't blame her. She wasn't supposed to hear or remember those hurtful insulting and cheap words. By the time meher recovered, she started wondering the reason behind us not having a single child after 10 years of marriage. She wanted us. I also did. But how could I.. We weren't married... She didn't remember our divorce... It was all just inappropriate. It wasn't the right time but our love was blossoming. It happens and here in our case, it just needed to be rekindled. The flames just needed to be reignited. And then came the date on which we we got married. Our anniversary. And meher demanded to get married all over again. She said she needed some new memories. I also wanted to get married to her, from the time I realised I'm still in love with her. I was adamant that I wanted to tell meher the truth. I couldn't lie to her anymore. I had to tell her about our divorce, the misunderstandings and everything that happened between us or the thing which couldn't happen. I wanted to tell her about how my mistake ruined us. It was only our marriage that failed, it was our love and trust. Our first unborn that... That suffered as a result of my mistake and our differences. Yes I loved her way too much to risk losing her but I couldnt just take advantage of her and the circumstances. I feared she would hate me if I didn't tell her the truth. I told mummy ji about what I was going to do but she pleaded me not to. She was scared it will harm meher. Mummy ji wanted meher to be safe and most of all happy. She made me swear on her that I will not tell meher about the those dreadful 8 years. And I was bound by the swear and the promise of protecting meher and always keeping her happy.
We got married. Again. Mummyji, Mom, bua ji, Tunnu Nisaar Sasha witnessed it, making it all special. Meher had no idea she ever joined groove, so i somehow told her that she started working there as a ceo and meher was happy. I never wanted her to be just a housewife and that was the exact thing she wanted. We worked in the same office. It was nice having her around all the time. But the guilt of not telling her the truth if our life, ate me up every day. How could I start life a fresh when I know this daydream of mine could end anytime and we will be back to square one. Our happiness will be short lived, I knew that. And the feeling... Well it was the worst feeling ever.
And the next thing I still remember is the day meher and I had an argument, after the accident. Our first argument as a married couple. She was pissed off that we were staying at her house. She wanted to go back to Malhotra house or any other place of their own. So I bought the house we are currently living in. By the time we settled in the house, things had changed. I somehow wasn't scared with the whole meher remembering our past thing. I knew we would overcome it and will face it together. We were together and that was all that mattered. 
Next year, we had an addition in our family; meri chahat. My lovely daughter. The one who has bonded meher and I together. The minute I took her in my arms, it all made sense. It was because of we were destined to have chahat in our lives. Our beautiful creation. My junior meher. She is the only girl I love after meher. The minute she opened her tiny grey eyes at me and smiled, I felt like the richest man on earth and I made a decision. To protect, love and cherish her. That meant kuber malhotra had no freaking right to see or touch my daughter. He was no one to my daughter. Why wouldnt i have done it... Chahat was... is and will always be my priceless possession. And kuber malhotra always destroyed things for me and hurted the ones I loved. Mom was beside me when chahat was born and she had tears of happiness in her life. I know she and mummy ji always prayed for meher and I to get back together. And now she was holding her grand daughter. She told me chahat had my nose and eyes... Well it was the beautiful pair of eyes I ever saw.
Life had been wonderful since chahat's birth. Everything is perfect. We and our family. Well we are the coolest family ever. Chahat and I always team up against meher. My poor baby no. 1... And chahat is my girl and she loves me more than meher. Lemme tell you that is super fun seeing meher sometimes getting jealous of the bond chahat and I share. There is only one thing that my girls want and hate to share - my attention and love. But what to do I love them equally... Ok, I love chahat a bit more... She is half meher and half me. Meher's intelligence and beauty. And from me, she has got her charismatic personality, awesomeness, and my good sense of humour. She is just perfect... Meher and I did create a masterpiece...
All i now wish is that life never changes...
Ever and ever, forever and ever you'll be the one
That shines on me like the morning sun
Ever and ever, forever and ever you'll be my spring
My rainbow's end and the song I sing

Meher's POV
Who thought being a housewife could be fun. I never did, at least. But trust me, it is fun when you have an awesome family like mine. A loving husband who pampers me and then teases me, irritates me and then again loves me, and last but not the least he makes me feel like I'm a princess straight out of a fairy tale. Well, not technically a princess now. I'm the queen because chahat is our princess. What should I say about chahat... I can talk about her whole day. Thodi naughty, thodi sincere, thodi pyaari, thodi sadu, thodi dramebaaz, thodi innocent, thodi khatti, thodi meethi. Mere abeer ki carbon copy, though I wouldn't say it in front of him. The father daughter duo will start their little happy dance, jumping around the house. 
Right now I'm on my way to pick my lovely daughter from the school. I really love this part of my routine. Mother daughter bonding time with no abeer-ish disturbance. Having chahat has made my life worth living and I never thought I wouldn't miss going to office. Raising a child is the toughest job of all. It needs you to be on your heals 24*7 and 365 days. I'm loving my new job. So unlike the ambitious meher I was once. Right now i'm running a bit late because of this traffic. Traffic in Mumbai is really a major issue, wish the government could do something about it. Finally I reach the school and get out of the car, waiting for chahat. My kido running towards me with a happy face. She loves going to school. Even the first day of her school and she went in smiling, unlike other children. Though abeer was a bit emotional and he was worried about chahat. He kept asking me if chahat would be safe alone. My babies are a bit different you see.
Now I'm getting worried, she is never late. I go inside the school to find chahat. I couldn't find her and then I contact the school authorities.

Narrative

"What do you mean she isn't in the school...???" 
Meher yelled at the bunch of teachers, receptionist and peon.
"Ma'am someone of the family took her saying it was a family emergency..." explained the receptionist.
"Me or my husband would have contacted you people in that case... How could you be so careless...??? How...?? If anything... Anything happens to my chahat... I... I.. I will file a case against you all... Against the school..."
"Ma'am please calm down... We are trying our best to sort this out..." said the principal.
Meher shook her head on annoyance and called abeer.
"Hey baby..." abeer said picking up the call.
"A... Abeer... CH... Chahat... Abeer..." Meher couldn't form a sentence and stammered.
"Meher... Chahat kya...?? What happened...??"
"Woh mil nahi rahi... School mein nahi hai... Abeer..." said meher and burst into tears.
"Meher I'm coming... Don't cry baby... Stay there... I'm coming..."

Abeer's POV
Chahat is missing. This can't be happening. Nothing can happen to my baby. Nothing. I drove like a maniac to the school and ran inside. Meher was sitting in a chair, her eyes were blood shot and nose red. My baby has been crying, I engulf her in my arms and once she composes herself, I make her sit in the chair. I try to calm down and talk to the school principal but its about my baby, how I could I have remained calm. I call the police commissioner asking for his help and he said he will send a search team the same minute. It was of no use to shout on the teachers so I took meher home. I have to support her and not fall weak, I have to become her strength, a shoulder she can lean on.
"Nothing will happen to her... Nothing..." I tell meher again and again, and secretly saying it to myself as well. We enter our home and there she is. Wait a minute, what is he doing here...??

Narrative 

Abeer and meher stood there shocked while chahat ran and hugged abeer's leg. Abeer bent down and kissed chahat's forehead.
"Are you alright baby...??" Abeer asked and chahat smiled at him, nodding her head in positive
Meher bent down and hugged chahat. She kissed all over her face and again burst into tears.
"Meher take chahat inside..." abeer said strenly.
"But abeer -"
"Go Meher..."
Meher picked up chahat in her arms and went inside the house. She took chahat to her room and made her sit on the bed.
"Why are you crying mommy...??" Chahat asked.
"Where were you chahat...?? How can you leave school like that...?? Mumma was so scared baby... I thought I lost you..."
Meher sat on the bed and pulled chahat in her lap, hugging and kissing her.
"Mumma daddu came... He took me to a garden and-" answered chahat wiping meher's tears.
"Baby but we weren't there... Your dad wasn't there nor was I... You are not leaving with anyone like that..." 
"Ok mommy..." 
Chahat kissed meher's cheek and meher smiled at her little angel.

-scene change-
"How dare you...??" Abeer glared at the man in front of him.
"How dare I what...?? Can't I see my grand daughter...??" Kuber smirked and asked.
"No you cannot see her... When I'm not your son... Jab humara hi rishta nahi hai... Toh chahat se bhi apka koi rishta nahi hai... Chahat is nobody to you..." Abeer replied looking into kuber's eyes.
"You are my son and chahat is my grand daughter... Nothing in the world can change that abeer malhotra... Khoon ka rishta hai humara..."
"Mr. Kuber Malhotra I don't want to be disrespectful... But I want you out of my premises and stay away from my daughter... You have no right to see her... I will not let you in our life. Meher and chahat are the most important people in my life and you just want to hurt them... Because you can't see me happy... Aadat se majboor.." Abeer said in a tone bit higher than his normal one. He didn't want their conversation to be heard by meher or chahat.
"I want to hurt my only son... Oh god... I only want your happiness that why I always tried to protect you abeer... That meher... She-"
"Not a word against my wife... I won't take it THIS time..."
"Come home abeer... Let's forget what happened..." Kuber told abeer.
"I'm not coming back... That palace isn't the place I would want to be at... I'm happy in my house with my family... Use your money to bring me back... Brilliant idea, isn't it Mr. Malhotra...??? Ab kya karenge...?? Kitne paise fenkenge mere ex sasur ke aage...?? Last time also he tried to kick me out of the house and we ended up like this. Poor he... Unsuccessful like always... Anyways 60 lakh... 60 lakh ke liye kya kuch nahi kaha tha apne meri Meher ko... Uski aisi halat kar di ke woh hospital mein... Par now you got your money back... Ab kya chahie...?? Anyways its been 5 years now... Try and accept it... You lost your son... And well... My father... he died for me a long back... Now... Will you please leave..."
"I just wanted to meet my grandchild and there is nothing wrong in that. Abeer I always wanted the best for you... And you... You always wanted that girl... Look at yourself first.. Tum bade satyawadi ho kya... Tum opportunist nahi ho kya... Jhoothe dhokebaaz nahi ho... Tumne bhi toh fayda uthaya hai Meher ka... Shadi kar li... Bacha bhi hai... Par usse kabhi sach nahi btaya hoga... You are a coward which I'm not... Par sach kab tak chhup paya hai son..."
Kuber walked away smirking and abeer entered the house, ignoring him.

Abeer's POV
What audacity...!!! After doing disgusting things, playing dirtiest games ever; kuber malhotra lectures me on how to be truthful and honest. Im playing with her... Haha... I love her but he wouldn't understand it. Because all he understands is business reports, presentations, balance sheets, profits and losses. Sadly life isn't a business empire that he runs. I never intentionally lied to meher. But circumstances and mummy ji's swear forced me to. Guilt ate me up all day but he wouldn't understand it. Why waste on time on explaining him such things... Let him be... 

Narrative
"Can we go out...?? Mall...??" Chahat asked while eating her lunch.
"Why do you want to go to a mall...???" Meher asked sitting beside chahat and watching her eat.
"I want to buy clothes for a small baby..."
"Small baby... Ohh... Why is that...??" Meher asked curiously.
"What's up my girls...???" Abeer asked as he joined them.
"We are talking about some small baby..." Meher replied, again focusing all her attention on chahat.
"Kiska baby...?? What is going on...??" Abeer asked.
"We will have a small baby one day... Toh I want to buy clothes for the baby..." Chahat grinned and replied.
"Who told you we will have another baby...??" asked abeer, clearly not liking the topic
"My friend... They brought a small baby... His little sister..." Chahat replied.
"So do you want a little sister...???" Meher asked excitedly.
"No... I want a brother..." replied chahat.
"I have to go to the office... I just ran out of there..." Abeer said and left the mother daughter duo.
"He always does this..." Meher whispered.

Abeer's POV
Again the same topic. Meher and her latest rant. She wants another baby. She thinks the baby will complete our family. Aren't we complete now...?? What is missing...?? Nothing... We have everything... We have chahat... What does she needs more...?? I don't like when I refuse her again and again. But I can't risk her life. Earlier also she had a miscarriage, we lost our first baby only because of me and whatever I put her through. When chahat was conceived, things seemed fine but after the delivery, the doctor did tell me something. Having another baby can be dangerous for meher and in no way I can let that happen. Better is that she keeps thinking I'm not ready for another kid. Else she would want to give it a try, which I can't let happen. She isn't risking her life. Chahat and I need her. We need her like the lungs need air to function. 

Meher's POV
I don't understand why abeer is being difficult this time. I have told him a million times that I want a second baby but he... He always end up ignoring me or refusing me. It wasn't the case when chahat was born. He didn't seem scared or nervous of such a huge responsibility so why now. Haven't we raised chahat well...?? We have... So why not we will be able to raise the other kid like that... I don't want chahat to be single child. I want her to experience the bliss of having a sibling. It teaches a kid lot more than we can ever teach her. Sharing, caring, understanding, being responsible... And so many qualities like that. A baby, may be a junior abeer and we will be a complete family. Hum do humare do... But this husband of mine... Argghh... Why do you irritate me so much Mr. Abeer Malhotra...??? Why...?? But don't you worry Mr... Trust me when I say we will have another baby... I want junior abeer... And now chahat also wants the same.

Narrative

It was evening and when the door bell rang, meher thought it was abeer. But it was some stranger. 
"Yes...??" asked meher.
"There is a courier for Mrs. Malhotra..." The man replied.
"That's me.. Thank you..."
Meher closed the door after taking the parcel. She was about to open it when chahat came running to her.
"What happened...?? Why are you running...??" Meher asked.
"I want a puppy..." Chahat demanded.
"W.. What...?? Nooo..."
"Please mommy... I want a puppy..." Chahat pouted this time.
"Baby I don't like puppies... We are not having one..." Meher replied in a no-more-discussion tone.
Just then the door bell rang again and chahat ran towards the door. She opened it and crossed her arms and pouted.
"What happened to my princess...??" Abeer kneeled down in front of chahat and asked her.
"I want a puppy and mumma says no..."
"Ohh... Don't worry" abeer winked at chahat and she understanding it, giggled in response.
"We are not getting a pup.. That's it..." Meher stomped her feet on the ground and went to her room.
"We are getting a pup... Haha... I love you daddy..." Chahat chirped and abeer took her in his arms.
The poor guy cannot refuse his daughter. If she wants a puppy she will get it. Even though the consequences will be borne by him alone. Meher will not leave him, he was sure of it.
You're my air, when I feel I can't breathe.
Catching me, when I'm tripping over my feet.
We'll get through this together.
You're my smile, when I just want to cry.
Make it all better as you kiss my sad eyes.
I'm giving you my forever and ever.

"Brunooo... Stand up... Stand up... OK don't..."
Chahat folded her hands in disappointment and looked at her new puppy.
"Bruno let's play... Let's play... Catch catch... Ball...??"
She looked at the puppy expecting a reply from him.
"Barbie doll...?? Do you like barbie doll...??"
"Milk...?? You are hungry...?? Mommmyyy dadddyyy..."
Chahat sat beside the puppy and called her parents.
"What happened baby...??" Meher came running and asked chahat.
"Bruno..."
"Talk to daddy about it..." said meher, poor she hates dogs and puppies.
"Daddd..." Chahat yelled this time.
"Lower down your volume chahat..." Meher told chahat strenly.
"Yes darling..." said abeer coming in the living room, all of his attention on his princess.
"He doesn't play with me... He just sits here all day... And I think he hates milk... Like I do... But he is very lazy... Boring..." complained chahat.
Abeer couldn't help but smile at chahat and her cuteness.
"Dad do something..." Chahat said but this time with moist eyes.
Abeer went to chahat and sat on his knees, taking chahat in his arms.
"What do you think... Why is he unhappy...??" 
"He is unhappy...??" asked chahat.
"Who knows... But why is he not listening to you... Did you hurt him...??" asked abeer.
"No. Noo... I didn't..." Chahat replied nodding her head in negative.
Meher looked at the duo lovingly and then she crunched her nose when she looked at the puppy.
Abeer held chahat's hand and made her run her hand on the puppy's head lovingly. The puppy wagged his tail and chahat sqealed in happiness.
"He wants to be loved..." Abeer told chahat.
"Is he missing his mommy...??" Chahat asked looking at the puppy.
"He might be..." Abeer shrugged his shoulders.
Chahat sat beside the puppy and looked at him closely.
"You miss mommy... Don't you...??"
Meher was way too much proud of chahat that moment. Her daughter understood such emotions as well and was worried thinking that the puppy might be missing his mother.
"He misses his mommy... He is sad..." chahat told abeer sadly.
"Now what...??" Abeer asked.
"Let's take him back. He needs his mommy..." Chahat suggested and a tear rolled down her eye.
Meher joined the duo and abeer looked at her.
"Chahat I'm proud of you baby. The puppy needs his mother... Like you need me and I need you... The babies always needs their mother the most..." said meher.
"And daddy too... Right mommy...??" asked chahat.
"That's my girl..." Abeer said happily and pulled chahat in his arms again.
"Yes and now let's just go and return him... We don't want to separate him from his mother... Do we...??" said meher. Somewhere deep down she was happy thinking that the puppy will be gone now.
"Can we bring his mommy too...??? They will be happy then..." Chahat suggested the next minute.
"No ways... Get him out of my house now..." ordered meher.
Abeer giggled and signalled chahat to pick the puppy. It was time for the puppy to go back. They knew it. Chahat was happy that now the puppy will be with his mommy. 

The moment they walked out meher sighed with relief. She has always hated dogs and honestly this wasn't hatred; it was fear. The only fear she still wasn't able to overcome. Shame on her. Meher sat at the dining table and looked at the courier that she received two days back. Having this pup was so annoying that she almost forgot about it. She opened the parcel and looked at its contents.

"We are back..." said chahat as meher opened the door for them.
"Meher... All OK...??" Abeer asked as he looked at meher. She didn't look fine., something was wrong and he was sure of it.
Meher nodded her head and stepped back so that abeer could enter. Abeer closed the door and looking at meher wondered the reason of her worry.
"You can always tell me what's wrong... And don't lie to me... Ever..." Abeer cupped meher's cheek and told her.
"What's worse abeer...?? Getting fooled or fooling someone...?? Breaking trust or getting your trust being broken by the one you thought would never do it...??" asked meher.
"What...?? Its worst... Not worse..." Chahat interrupted and said looking at meher.
"Go to your room baby..."
Abeer kept looking at meher unable to understand the hidden meaning behind her swords. Something was terribly wrong and he had no idea what exactly went wrong. Being clueless was the worst thing. At least according to him. 
When abeer stood there numb and clueless, meher smiled at him. Abeer found it even more strange when meher smiled at him. The stop_faking_it kind of smile.
"Spill the beans. I want to hear your version of the story..." said meher crossing her arms against her chest.
"Can you gimme a minute and explain me what's it exactly about...?? And why are you in abeer ki bajao mode...??? The puppy is gone. You don't have to get all mad over me... chahat wanted it yaar..."
"Can we not talk about chahat for once...??? Its about you and me..." replied meher.
"Us... Its about us... Ohh... Tell me..." said abeer walking towards the sofa. Its better to sit when you know its a long discussion that will follow..
"Someone sent a gift for you and me... Actually only for me..."
Meher picked up the parcel and threw it at the sofa. Abeer shook his head and picked the parcel.
"Open it fast baby..."
Abeer looked at meher from the corner of his eye and opened the parcel. 
"This..." Abeer whispered.
"Yes this... You have been lying to me all the time. For what...?? 5 years...??" said meher coldly.
"I can explain..."
"You have to explain darling... Im not letting you off the hook... And Im not that immature and stupid to pack my stuff and leave. Its my house, my family, and my daughter we are talking about..."
"I never wanted to lie to you..."
"I don't want to know it... I just want to know why didn't your conscience force you to tell me the truth... Aren't you tired of feeding me up with lies...?? Are you that spineless...?? You claimed to love me. Is this how you love...?? Aren't you man enough to say it in front of me...?? Your so called father has to send this to me, to remind me what I'm trying to forget... Like really...??"
Abeer looked at meher with shock written on his face and confusion in his eyes.
"Speak up now Mr. Rockstar... Cat got your tongue..." Meher raised her eye brow at him.
"Meher I... I love you yaar. You forgot everything and you loved me and you know I love you too... Toh pyaar mein toh... Jung mein bhi... Pyaar aur Jung mein... Sab fair hota hai..."
"Stop your bickering... I heard your "I'm the man" conversation with your dearest father. Now when were you planning to tell it to me. On our 25th marriage anniversary or at 50th...???"
"Mummy ji made me swear on her. I couldn't tell you the truth..."
"I'm not buying that shit..." Meher replied.
"I didn't want to lose you. You would have left me... Again..."
"You left me... Accept it now at least..."
"OK... I left you... Wait... You remember it...??"
"I remember every bit of it Mr. Malhotra... And was trying to move past it until this parcel came. Showing me the divorce papers and such stuff. What is your family's problem by the way...???"
"Huh...??"
"Why in the hell did I ever fell for you...?? Abeer Malhotra I love you... Even after whatever you did... I loved you... And even now... After all the things you did... I still love you..."
"I love you too..." Abeer replied smiling at meher.
"Stop smiling... Dont show me your teeth else i will be tempted to punch you hard... Anyways Aren't you going to apologise or do I have to do the entire melodrama... Shouting on you, blaming you, packing my stuff, taking chahat with me, you running behind me, and then apologising... Why not skip it and you apologise straightaway...???"
"Meher tum theek ho na...?? Koi screw kahin gir toh nahi gya... I mean... Tum itni shanti se... I mean..."
"We have a kid... I dont want her to listen it... Plus I was always the mature one amongst us..."
"Would you really have taken chahat away...?? Away from me...??" Abeer asked looking deep in thought.
"I can't believe it... You are worried about me taking chahat away... You stay with chahat, I'm going... To my house..."
Meher went to her room upstairs and abeer followed her.
"Arrey I'm worried about you leaving me... Sachi..."
"Yeahhh... Anything else...??" Meher asked and threw a cushion at abeer.
"I love you so much... You don't even know how much... You basically have no idea... My love is deep like an ocean..."
"Don't throw these compositions of yours at me... I have heard better... You.. You could have told me everything... You thought I would have left you... All my life I wanted a second chance with us and now when I have it, I will throw it away. Yes I can still accuse you... I have that much of right... In fact I have every single right on you... You pinhead, you liar, you... You..."
Meher picked up a vase and was about to throw it at abeer, who was at the opposite side of the bed.
"Don't throw it Meher. Its a classic antique piece..." Abeer stopped meher.
Meher looked at the vase and carefully kept it back. It was an antique piece and she was adamant to buy it. Paying a good amount of money for that vase. Well, what were they earning for. To put it in the bank.
Meher saw a faint smile on abeer's face and picked up the lamp placed on the corner table.
"Do you want to kill me or what...?? Keep that down baby. Pati se jhagda karna hai toh karo... Pati ko maarne ki planning to mat karo... Marr gya toh tumhe jail ho jaegi..." said abeer.
Meher paused and a tear rolled down her eye. She went to abeer and looked straight into his eyes.
"Meher..."
"Don't ever say it again... You are struck with me forever... Marne ki baat dubara ki toh main marr jaungi... Dekh Lena..."
Meher held his collar and pulled him close.
"Darr lagta hai na... Lagta hai na zindagi ke mayne mitt jaege... Dil toot ta hai na... Saanse rukk jaati hai na..." Abeer asked softly.
Meher nodded her head in agreement, hands shivering and eyes teary.
"I felt the same. Looking at you and fearing if I lost you forever. Your lifeless form breaking me already broken heart. Fearing it would be broken beyond repair with the pieces which will never be put back together. I realised what you meant for me... Zindagi nahi jaroorat nahi thi tum... Tum toh zindagi thi... All day I prayed to god... Either return you to me or kill me if god forbid anything happened to you... I couldn't sleep at nights thinking what if you never woke up the next morning... I used to look at your form and think of the best time of my life. The time when I was lucky enough that we belonged to each other. I threw it away meher. I destroyed us. It ate me up all day. Maa and bua they blamed me for it. I was to be blamed... Yes... But they did shut me out. I had no way to reach out to you. I was dying meher and so were you as the doctors said. I couldn't accept and my heart hoped for a miracle. And it happened. You woke up and you know the rest. I wanted you back but not by hiding the truth. I also couldn't risk your life too, so I accepted life as it came. Bahut pyaar karta hoon tumse... Pehle se kahin jyada... Bahut jyada..."
"I love you too... And I would have done the same... Wouldn't I have come to you, if you wanted me the most...?? I would have... forgetting and leaving everything behind. Because you matter the most. I love you so much abeer... I could never hate you... But I hated myself for not being able to stop loving you. You were always on my mind then. Now promise me you will never let anything happen to us..."
"I promise..."
Meher threw herself in Abeer's arms and he hugged her protectively and possessively.
"And you still have to apologise..." Meher whispered against his chest.
"I will do it tonight... "
Meher playfully slapped his arm and giggled.
"No one loves me now..."
They broke the hug and looked at chahat who was on the verge on crying.
"Why are you saying that...?? I toh love you more than this meher.." Abeer picked up chahat in his arms and kissed her cheek.
"Pakka...?? I also love you more than meher... I mean mommy..." Chahat replied and hugged abeer.
"You two... I'm standing here only... At least don't say it at my face..." Meher said keeping her hands on her waist.
"I love you... Sabse jyadaa..." Abeer mouthed to meher.
"Chal jhootha..." saying this meher walked out of the room, leaving the father daughter duo alone.
Meher sat near the window and closed her eyes. It was way too exhausting for her. She was right when she called suman just after opening that parcel. Her life shattered officially when she saw those divorce papers and the newspaper articles spreading the news of her going around with abeer and the copy of the salary cheque she signed as abeer's boss. Those flashes were haunting her from days and she has been ignoring them thinking how will she ask abeer about it. He would only end up taking stress and worry about her. And somewhere within, she was scared to know the truth. What if the truth destroyed them a and most of all she was scared thinking about its effect on chahat. Suman explained meher whatever she could and made meher promise her that she will ask abeer about it. She will talk to him before taking any major step. After it, those lost memories came running back to her. But soon those painful memories were replaced by the precious memories they created in the last 5 years. She realised that nothing was more important than their present, their happiness, their marriage and their daughter. She was ready to forgot those 8 years. Leaving that dreadful past behind to welcome their bright and happy future.

After 3 years.
"I hate him... I don't want him now... Let's be what we used to be..."
"Chahat... Mind your language..." Meher told chahat.
"She hates me mumma..." 
Meher looked at her prince, her junior abeer. Aarav. 
"She doesn't hate you... You must have done something aaru... What did you do...???" Meher wiped aarav's tears and made him look at her.
"Nothing... She shouts at me..." He replied and hugged meher.
"You love him more. He tore the project I made and now he is acting all innocent..." Chahat accused meher and aarav.
"Aarav... Say sorry..." Meher separated aarav from her and ordered him.
"I didn't do anything... Mummmaa..."
Meher closed her eyes tiredly and wondered why was she so adamant on having another baby. Abeer was right when he said they don't need to have a second baby. And now having aarav... Well he is such a nautanki... And who is to be blamed, her husband, Abeer 
Malhotra.
"Mom it will be fun trust me..." said abeer as he entered the room with madhvi.
"Dad..." Chahat called abeer.
Aarav looked at abeer from the corner of his eyes and ran to him. 
"Papa..." He hugged abeer's leg and continued crying.
Abeer looked at meher and she shook her head in annoyance.
"Kya hua hai mere baby ko...??" Abeer asked aarav and he made a puppy face.
Madhvi looked at aarav and smiled at the antics of her grand son.
"She called me a mistake..." Aarav said as abeer picked him in his arms.
"Who...??" asked meher.
"Didi... She said aarav is a mistake..." Aarav replied looking at abeer and meher turn by turn.
"Did you chahat...??" Meher asked chahat in disbelief.
Abeer and madhvi looked at each other and giggled. Chahat smiled at them while Meher glared.
"Abeer... Say something to her..." Meher told abeer.
"Put me down... No one loves me... Aarav is a mistake..." said aarav and abeer put him down. And continued while tugging at madhvi's dupatta "Daadi take me home... Your home..."
"Aarav listen to mumma..." 
Aarav turned and looked at meher.
"You are not a mistake baby... Your daddy is..." said meher shooting deadly glares at abeer.
"What...?? You called me a mistake... Yeh mistake na hui hoti toh tum kya karti baby..." Abeer said pointing at himself.
"Meri zindagi mein chain aur sukoon hota abeer... Arrgghh... I'm tired of this drama all day..." said meher.
"He tore my project dad and then he cries... Such a drama king..." complained chahat.
"And she called me mistake. Always fights with me. I love only daadi, naani and tunnu maamu..." said aarav.
"He also doesn't like bua ji..." Abeer commented and laughed.
"Hey bhagwan... Kis gunaah ki saza de raha hai mujhe... Kya galti ho gyi mujhse..." meher sighed in frustration.
"Shut up all of you... It's lunch time. No more discussion now..." Madhvi ordered and went outside the room.
Chahat and aarav quietly left the room.
Abeer kneeled on the floor and held meher's hand.
"I'm sorry on their behalf..."
Meher looked at abeer and tried not to smile at him, for he looked so cute while apologising.
"Its ok..." said meher.
"Waise apna aarav bahut talented hai... Nahi...??" Abeer asked meher.
"Haan... Tumhari carbon copy jo hai..."
"That's why you love him so much... Chamcha hai tumhara woh..." said abeer.
"I love him more than I love you... Sabse jyada... And its mumma's boy. Just like you are..." Meher smirked.
"I'm only yours mumma..." Abeer said in a baby like voice.
"Haaye mera beta... Aaja..."
And they hugged each other.
Life was never a bed of roses, neither will it ever be. But it becomes worthwhile and easy when you have a loving family. Being loved by the people you love is priceless. Mehbeer reunited when destiny gave them a second chance and they grabbed it. Not all people get second chances in love, but the ones who get are very special... Way too special... And so is their love story...