slow death of this series post leap

mans_22 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
reasons -
1) lack of warmth between the characters/ artists, everyone seems to have had a real life falling out and not just shaheer and erica, seems so evident in all of their acting. everyone is faking it.
2) shaheer's absence - not fair to the writers / other artists to work around and have stand in's, makes for sloppy execution,
3) dev's bipolar character - one thing to be carefree and one thing to be rude one second/ kind the next, very sloppy, seems they write based on his schedule that day and how he and Erica are communicating on sets that day
4) horrible outfits post leap - what were the two sisters wearing today!? is that even a real outfit?

how many of you go back and catch up on old episodes on you tube? I catch myself doing this and feel all the more disappointed with the current state. will it ever go back to what it was?

side note- apt song for them would be tere bina zindagi se koi shikva... need to have this as the theme song for dev/sona.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

krpkabpeanut thumbnail
Completely agree.  I wish they hadn't done the leap.  It makes me angry to read the recent interviews by Patnaik, he seems to be lying through his teeth when I see the current state of the show.  
kukuraja thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
They are just dragging it now. The Storyline itself has little scope.

Post leap pretty much everything has been shoddy.

natasha_n thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Well when show starts its dream and ambition
When show is success its buisness...
So now its just that they will drag till channel.pulls the plug..as its money making machine for all be it actors or Production team...
This is the case with all shows...

Producer uncle simply gives interviews claiming show is different...this is the case with all shows ke producers

surenkal thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
It could have been handled much better: all this post leap drama.
But it's like no one has any interest in the show. Not the producers, actors, scriptwriters...even the costume designers. 
It's like we have to piece an episode , lets do it
🤢
Tinkerfairy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
fact that producers are claiming this show is different from other is biggest joke .😆😆
After leap they are recycling same old formula and cliche of every other show.

uppar se we have shabby looking actors.

dev is looking like gunda,sona wearing ugly costumes and  ishwari toh gayab hain🤢🤢
 And there is nothing "progessive" about this show ,when they have reduced woman worth to her reproductive system.

Matlab popping babies and giving child to family is gonna get you respect and "lou" from your husband ðŸ¤¢ðŸ¤¢

They did huge mistake of bringing child in this equation.

AngelsFlyAlone thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
EVERY SINGLE CHARACTER HAS A UNIFORM!!! Matlab had hoti hai yaar! I remember first few episodes post leap also they had begun to play the waqt ne kiya haseen sitam ka background track I swear hum pe itna sitam karke rakha tha uss track ne! ðŸ˜¡
Characters have ripped apart, no one is making sense. Its so obvious that there is more than one writer for the screenplay of a single episode. None of the scenes follow up to the characters its as if they have forgotten what they wrote earlier hence lacking sinc between actions. No character is true to themselves. I'm so done😕
mybro_2004 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I agree only not getting the child angle. as if they leads now unite coz of baby .. if not for suhana.. have they fallen love out of love ? then is this a love story ?
dbrk thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
There was a time when i used to watch every episode repeat mode post telecast. But now a does u don feel like watching, ne episode again.

Dev's character has been one character that has been butchered the most.
Right from the episode when Dev slaps Bijoy, v see a totally butchered character.

Dev and Sonakshi's seperation looked so forced. Pace of serial is important but to kill the story just to move ahead makes no sense. Is it practically possible that a man who is so feeply and madly in love with a woan will tell his wife to get out of his house and will go and get drunk. In that drunk state he will say words to his wife, accepts his wife's family being kicked out of her house and won't do nething to salvage the situation. Whole story that was built over 200 episodes was killed in one episode just to bring in leap.

Post leap, till Dev's accident sequence, story made some sense. V felt probably season2 is about how Dev and Sonakshi re realise their love and stand by each other. As we felt Dev was out of spellbound of his mother and will look at issues more sensibly and practically.

But since Dev came to know about Suhana, story has gone down the drain. Dev's charcter is totally destroyed and now Sonakshi's character is next.

Its not that makers din have much story left, there was lot to show.
Dev's redemption, Dev- Sonakshi reunion, Dev and Sonakshi standing for each other, Dev and Sonakshi fighting against GKB and Vicky as a team, Ishwari's suffering post Dev leaving her, Ishwari's redemption, Sonakshi- Soha's role in reuniting their family. Story would have continued for a year without unnecessary dragging or hurrying.

Actually now it feels, were kids entry really needed, I think Dixit sisters were needed more than kids.
Yes, story, direction, editing everything has lost its beauty.

Still there is time and scope, makers should realise the actual USP of their show and instead of concentrating on trps and distorting the story and destroying the characters should make a plan for flow of story for one year. Stick to same story, work a little more on flow of show episode to episode and bring back the lost charm.

mans_22 thumbnail
totally agree!

Originally posted by: dbrk

There was a time when i used to watch every episode repeat mode post telecast. But now a does u don feel like watching, ne episode again.

Dev's character has been one character that has been butchered the most.
Right from the episode when Dev slaps Bijoy, v see a totally butchered character.

Dev and Sonakshi's seperation looked so forced. Pace of serial is important but to kill the story just to move ahead makes no sense. Is it practically possible that a man who is so feeply and madly in love with a woan will tell his wife to get out of his house and will go and get drunk. In that drunk state he will say words to his wife, accepts his wife's family being kicked out of her house and won't do nething to salvage the situation. Whole story that was built over 200 episodes was killed in one episode just to bring in leap.

Post leap, till Dev's accident sequence, story made some sense. V felt probably season2 is about how Dev and Sonakshi re realise their love and stand by each other. As we felt Dev was out of spellbound of his mother and will look at issues more sensibly and practically.

But since Dev came to know about Suhana, story has gone down the drain. Dev's charcter is totally destroyed and now Sonakshi's character is next.

Its not that makers din have much story left, there was lot to show.
Dev's redemption, Dev- Sonakshi reunion, Dev and Sonakshi standing for each other, Dev and Sonakshi fighting against GKB and Vicky as a team, Ishwari's suffering post Dev leaving her, Ishwari's redemption, Sonakshi- Soha's role in reuniting their family. Story would have continued for a year without unnecessary dragging or hurrying.

Actually now it feels, were kids entry really needed, I think Dixit sisters were needed more than kids.
Yes, story, direction, editing everything has lost its beauty.

Still there is time and scope, makers should realise the actual USP of their show and instead of concentrating on trps and distorting the story and destroying the characters should make a plan for flow of story for one year. Stick to same story, work a little more on flow of show episode to episode and bring back the lost charm.