Blast from the Past: Alka Yagnik lashes out at Anuradha Paudwal - Page 8

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by DriftInfinitely

@Betty thank you for sharing that song. Pankaj Udhas is one singer who deserved to get more songs in Bollywood. So underrated!
@Iambest Nice list. Thanks for sharing. Did Anuradha also sing the title song of Aap Ko Pehle Bhi Kahin Dekha Hai? I think that was Alka but not sure. 

it was alka with udit ðŸ˜› i guess alka only had the title song rest 2 song are by anuradha one by alsiha and one by asha bhosle that ghazal ...same with tum bin album aurdaha had 3 songs chitra had 2 ...in film muskaan all songs were of anuradha except janeman chupke chupke ...she was still very much in the business ðŸ˜‰ but with the era of melody songs passed anuradha started getting less song and in year 2006 i dont remember any anurdaha song ðŸ˜› she sang til 2005

Another singer who is underrated is Hema Sardesai.
She didn't have the squeaky/sweet voice that was popular back then, so she lost out. Love her Awara Bhanwre.

hema desai sounded like alisha chinow in this song with sonu nigam when i was growing up i always considered this voice of alisha ðŸ˜†

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCHOb_O-7ss[/YOUTUBE] 

and this is also one of my fav ...udit narayan surpass the beauty of hema singing the way udit start "tere talash hoon main sanam tera pyar hoon" is just wow you

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXeql7t1STU[/YOUTUBE] 
^^Did not know that Hema sang that song. Will listen to it now.
And yes, I love that song from Hogi Pyaar Ki Jeet! It's been sung beautifully. Actually, that entire album was good.

By the way, yes, Hema sounds a lot like  Alisha, who also didn't get to sing in Bollywood much. She was famous primarily for her IndiPop work. Also, she fought with Anu Malik and Vishal-Shekhar, so that ruined her chances of making it big. Anu apparently misbehaved with her and Vishal-Shekhar were offering her very little money for some song, so she refused and disclosed the issue to the media. 

Actually, come to think of it, even Sunidhi Chauhan didn't make it as big as I thought she would. Wonder what went wrong there. 
Edited by DriftInfinitely - 7 years ago
From a more recent interview. She is still quite pissed off and didn't even take Anuradha Paudwal's name here:

Its become common for one artiste to dub out another's voice? You too faced this...

Yes... its awful. I don't want to rake up the past. A singer used support of powerful people to do this. I had faith in my talent and God. Dirty tactics can only take you so far. Using her influence with a big music company, she dubbed my songs in *Dil* and *Itihaas*. If she enjoyed the supported of a company she could bring out more of her own albums, why mess with others' careers? Thankfully this is the only instance of underhand dealing that comes to mind. If there have been others, I wouldn't know.

http://www.dnaindia.com/lifestyle/interview-musical-notes-with-alka-yagnik-2011318
Originally posted by -DZ-

I loved Pankaj Udhaas too

I wonder which one was his last Bollywood song?

I wonder which one was his last Bollywood song?

Originally posted by -DZ-

Thank you!
Oh, that was a Mallika Sherawat film, I think. ðŸ˜†
Nearly been a decade since his last song. 
I searched and saw that was the last song
Bollywood does not have his type of songs now