Blast from the Past: Alka Yagnik lashes out at Anuradha Paudwal - Page 3

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by NautankiSaali

^ Is it something like singing Alka's recorded songs again?

Woah! Singers also used to have cat fights? 90's was something else.
ALD - Is Gulshan Kumar's son also obsessed with someone?

Gulshan Kumar's son is known to be arrogant and, from I read in other threads, he treated people who helped him out in his bad times very poorly later. Don't think he is obsessed with anyone though.
Originally posted by .Mishh007.

Aajkal toh trend hai..kayi logon se gaane record karwa ke unme se ek play karne ka... jaane kabse chal raha hai ye..

It wasn't common to record songs in multiple singers' voices back then.
Sometimes, when two or three singers recorded a song, irrespective of which version was used in the film, both/all three were retained in the music album.
Anuradha's verison of "halat kya hai kaisay tujhe bataoon mein, karwat badal badal kay raat bitaoon mein" is one of my clearest memories from childhood. 👏
Alka Yagnik has always been jealous and insecure. There were numerous times where she lashed at people and even awards. No wonder she is over now. 
Originally posted by Sri-R

I liked alia version.

I usually prefer Alka' s voice, but here Anuradha was also good I felt.
I don't really like Anuradha's voice, but she actually sang in nearly all the hit albums of the early 90s. Alka's era of singing in every other album started a bit after that.
@Drift Anuradha was unapologetic ? Did she knew Alka was offered to record some of her songs too ? 
Originally posted by -DZ-

@Drift Anuradha was unapologetic ? Did she knew Alka was offered to record some of her songs too ? 

Yeah, I think she knew. They seem to have always shared a cold equation.
After Anuradha also recorded the Itihas songs, I read that Alka was planning to take legal action. Apparently, the film retained Alka's versions at least initially, but they might have changed it later.
Edited by DriftInfinitely - 7 years ago
Wow, quite shocking indeed. You'd think cat fights happen between actors, but singers too? 
Originally posted by DriftInfinitely

I usually prefer Alka' s voice, but here Anuradha was also good I felt.
I don't really like Anuradha's voice, but she actually sang in nearly all the hit albums of the early 90s. Alka's era of singing in every other album started a bit after that.
Basically her career tanked after Gilsland died. That was when Alka came into her own and got songs and popularity.
^^Yeah, Kavita Krishnamurthy also started doing well once again, after her initial success in the late 80s.
i like both of them but anuradha can easily render alka yagnik songs because its normal romantic songs while alka can not sing in the range of anurahdha the way anuradha gone hi pitch in "Kismat se tum humko mele ho" ...Anuradha as a singer was much superior to alka but alka had romantic tone
[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFQudP-UzdM[/YOUTUBE]