Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sunil Grover to quit Kapil Sharmas show, kiku supports kapil

BanBB thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Expressionist (October 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

Sunil Grover to quit Kapil Sharma's show, contract with Sony Entertainment expires on April 23

BySubhash K. Jha
Mar 24, 2017 - 7:47 am IST
  •  
  •  

Sunil Grover to quit Kapil Sharma's show, contract with Sony Entertainment expires on April 23 news

In spite of frantic efforts to get him back, Sunil Grover won't return to The Kapil Sharma Show'Grover, who is currently unwell, has made up his mind to move on.

Speaking exclusively to this writer, a close friend of Sunil Grover said, "Firstly, Sunil has not given a single statement about his conflict with Kapil Sharma in any newspaper, website or any media platform. So, whatever quotes we've seen of Sunil are fabricated manufactured and false. Secondly, Sunil is contract-bound with Sony Entertainment until April 23. Until then, he will neither speak about what really happened with Kapil nor can he opt out of his contractual obligations. Thirdly, to even suggest that Sunil is asking for a fee hike to continue with The Kapil Sharma Show', is being insinuated by a section of the press, is ridiculous.

Even if Sunil was offered twice the current remuneration, he wouldn't continue with the show. He has made up his mind to move on."

The friend says Sunil is emotionally shaken and unwell after the ghastly incident that shook Sunil and all the crew of The Kapil Sharma Show', during a flight from Melbourne to India. "Sunil is badly shaken. He never expected Kapil to behave this way. Kapil's problems with beverages have been persistently spoiling his relations with his Comedy' team. He shouts at his colleagues, taunts them, shows them their place...

The colleagues have taken it on their chin so far attributing his bad behaviour to alcohol. But now, after the in-flight incident, they've decided to protest in no uncertain terms against Kapil's unruly behaviour."

Curiously and bravely, Kiku Sharda has aligned himself with Kapil Sharma at a time when his show faces its gravest crisis of existence. Says Kiku, "Kapil Sharma is a fine human being. I've been with him during the last few days. He made a mistake. He regrets it. He has apologized for it. What more can he do?"

- See more at: http://www.bollywoodhungama.com/news/bollywood/sunil-grover-quit-kapil-sharmas-show-contract-sony-entertainment-expires-april-23/#sthash.uY0qamwa.dpuf

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hasini009 thumbnail
ye sunil ka to kapil😆
Jiyagulabi_26 thumbnail
Though Kapil did very bad with Sunil on the flight if it's true but Sunil should not leave the show coz they as a team are really good.sunil grover as individual stand out comedian won't make it big. Also now sanket as Vidya BF on show ppl start liking him .  
DobbyDeol thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
You know a guy who once went as an audience in an episode of CNWK said that kapil would come on the stage and scream at the technicians/workers/cameramen..it was after sunil left and came back I guess..
His attitude has changed a lot since his show became successful..I'm glad sunil refused to take anymore of his bullshit..

Kiku is worst part of the show...ab kapil ko isi se kaam chalana padega..
DriftInfinitely thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: .Mishh007.

You know a guy who once went as an audience in an episode of CNWK said that kapil would come on the stage and scream at the technicians/workers/cameramen..it was after sunil left and came back I guess..

His attitude has changed a lot since his show became successful..I'm glad sunil refused to take anymore of his bullshit..

Kiku is worst part of the show...ab kapil ko isi se kaam chalana padega..

Yeah, self-respect is most important and I think Sunil is making the right decision.
I haven't really watched Kapil's show much, but stories about his appalling behaviour have been doing the rounds for a while now. 
bokul thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 3
They were a good team together
AladdinKaChirag thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Though i love him and will definitely miss watching him, i think he took a correct decision, it was about self respect. Kapil crossed the limits this time, he threw his hoe at him! Disgusting human being!! 
And kiku is a big time pakau comedian. Raju shrivastava is ok, not too sure about him.
MercurialMedusa thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
What about chandan and Ali?  Heard first fight was between chandan and kapil sunil got pulled into it when he tried calming kapil down.

Things are not looking good for Kapil Sharma's comedy show. The show is up for renewal next month with insiders saying it'd be a Rs 106-crore deal. But as co-acts Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar keep away, Kapil has introduced other stand-up artistes.

The channel, however, isn't too happy about it and is apparently considering pulling the plug on its top-rated programme. A source says, "Kapil has had to cancel shoots as he couldn't get big celebs as guests. He has, in fact, left for Bikaner to shoot for his film, Phirangi, and will return to Mumbai on March 29."

Sources say Sunil gets around Rs 7 lakh per episode while Kapil gets about Rs 1 crore an episode. While the focus is on Sunil, arguably the most loved act, the artiste hurting the most is Chandan, whom Kapil insulted on a flight.

Chandan wants to work, but isn't comfortable going back to the show, says an insider, adding, "Pata nahin kapil ko kiski haaye lagi hai; October se show ki TRPs girti ja rahi hai (Don't know who has cursed Kapil; TRPs of his show have been dipping since last October)". Meanwhile, Kapil has started following Sunil on Twitter. But a source close to the latter says, "Sunil won't return to the show even if given a big pay hike. He has several other offers. He just wants this phase to get over."

Edited by NIKS--KSG1 - 7 years ago