Huewalker's Tutorials |NEW Gif Process - Pg 37| - Page 18

Posted: 6 years ago
Hello , I'd like to humbly suggest for a tutorial on PSDs , like , the different kinds of them , how to choose different ones for different places like IF , Tumblr or DA , depending on the difference of preference.. , how to make PSDs , how to present them in a decorative way etc..
umm... basically do share with us an overall note and lecture on PSDs , if you'll please. 😃
Desto, I need a tut on PSDs as well. 
Originally posted by Nynaeve

Okay so here it goes, I tried out both, but felt the watercolour is less messy and not so much of an eyesore. I love the effect the multiply blend produces but lost you once you spoke about topaz and colour - so that layer missing. 

I am posting the watercolour one, the other is in my other thread, terrified of putting out so openly.

I completely filled the background with various textures, now I think I have gone overboard, maybe should have left the bottom texture out.

Do let me know if it is passable.

Best,
Nyna

Nyna, 
It looks cool and chic. I think it looks just fine, maybe you can experiment with a few colorings and see what works. 

Good Luck,
Desto.

P.S Topaz is a photoshop plugin. 
Originally posted by Shrinika13

Hey, I have a request, can you teach us on eliminating backgrounds, most of the time, a sig that could have been good gets ruined because of the shoddy erasing. 🤔

Also: Watercolour ka nateeja:

Yup, I'll share my background elimination tips :)

Really like the textures you've used ⭐️
One small suggestion though, I just don't think the fonts go well. That's the only thing!
As I had mentioned, would like a tutorial on oil painting effect and creative icons.
Originally posted by Animagus_Sirius

Woah.It is flawless and not as simple as it seems to be.Why you must make everything look so effortless.

Off to trying it out and then will tell you.I hope it works for me.

Go ahead, it gets easy as you keep doing it!

Originally posted by aftermath..

Desto right? 
This place will be my new found hangout zone. I'm in awe with your tutorials and techniques. Kudos to begin a thread and throwing out tutorials for the beginners and boosting the intermediate psers like us to do better job as well. It's such a great inspiration in here. Am so pleasantly surprised to see such pro-style effects, a feast to the eyes. Keep up the good work and guide us wherever you can. 

Btw your stuffs seems unique on IF. I'm a fan already.

Hello, yes I'm Desto. And you're Vri, right?

Thank you so much 🤗

I'm a big fan of your gifs, so it means a lot coming from you <3 <3 <3

I actually started out it IF then branched out to DeviantArt and that's how the transformation took place. I'll try to keep dishing out new tuts whenever I can. 
List:

(to keep track)

Originally posted by Shrinika13

Hey there! 
So, as I mentioned, would you be able to make one on background elimination? 
So far, I have tried a lot of things and nothing really works. Sigs that should be good become pathetic because of that. 

Originally posted by Madhura..

As I had mentioned, would like a tutorial on oil painting effect and creative icons.

Originally posted by .annihilation.

Hey Desto! 🤗 I'm pretty sure I needn't say how much I love your work or admire your PS skills, particularly your DA works. <3 I'm not really sure as to what exactly I'm looking for in a tutorial but it'd be great if you could explain how you go about doing the DA kind of stuff, be it the edits or the book covers, etc. You know, elaborate on the creative and technical aspects of it all. Feel free not to consider my suggestion/request because I don't think I'm explaining myself right. 😆 

Originally posted by .Avengers.

Usage of stock. How do you plan to use specific ones...and text style.

Originally posted by Lady_Macbeth

Hello , I'd like to humbly suggest for a tutorial on PSDs , like , the different kinds of them , how to choose different ones for different places like IF , Tumblr or DA , depending on the difference of preference.. , how to make PSDs , how to present them in a decorative way etc..
umm... basically do share with us an overall note and lecture on PSDs , if you'll please. 😃

Originally posted by KrishnaPriyaa

Desto, I need a tut on PSDs as well. 
desto thank you so much for these tuts u make tuts look so easy to understand will deffo try out :)
Originally posted by Jennyholic.

desto thank you so much for these tuts u make tuts look so easy to understand will deffo try out :)

You're welcome 😃
Hi guys 🤗

I know it's been a very long time, I was busy with IELTS prep and college applications and finally it is done and I'm back. 

I've started preparing for an update and I've decided to do a tut on one of those graphics. SO today I'll show you guys how I made this. 

The textures are numbered and I'll be referring to them as such. 

I've uploaded all the textures I've used here -  https://imgur.com/a/b4whg
---------------------------------------------

Step One

Open new document. My exact canvas size is 670*490 (you guys can use any size you like).

Add texture 1.

Add texture 2 and set it to soft light, opacity 100%.  Now it looks like this:

Step Two

I then added the first image of Fawad. I erased the upper portion using a soft round brush and lover portion using a hard round brush. 

Step Three

Add texture 3 and set it to softlight. opacity 50%. Add texture three once again and set it to screen 50%.

Step Four 

I then added an arrow png, I can't seem to find it anywhere.
 You guys can use anything you like. 

Step Five

Now comes the text, I usually add text after everything but to make it easier for you guys to follow I'm mentioning it now. 

For "o", font - Bebas Neue book, Size - 250

For bsession. I used vertical type tool (right click on the text icon and you'll get it). Font size is 22.

I've added layer style, I usually add bevel, gradient overlay and drop shadow and it usually varies from piece to piece. The key is to expirement and find the right settings. Also I usually do my text in black / white and add the color of my choice in color overlay. 

Step 6

Add texture 4, set it to screen, opacity 100%.
Add texture 5. set it to screen, opacity 100%.
Add texture 6, set it to screen, opacity 100%.

Then I've duplicated texture 6, and placed it at the right. 

p.s when you add textures, make sure to erase their edges by using eraser or layer mask, it's best to use a soft round brush with opacity less than 45%.

Step 7 

I added the next image of fawad and erased the background.

Step 8

Add texture 7 and set it to soft light, opacity 100%.

Step 9

Next comes the coloring, I used a combination of 3 - 4 psds here and I got them all from Deviantart.

p.s I like to mix psds, most of my edits are a mixture of two or more psds, the key is to keep playing with opacity. 

After that I added topaz clean.

That's it. If you guys have any doubts regarding anything at all you can feel free to ask me. <3 
Edited by Starwalker. - 6 years ago