SRK Fan Club -- Part 5! - Page 5

Posted: 17 years ago
yay! part 5, congo! πŸ‘ I will inactive till the end of Jan due to vacation, hope everyone has fun here! πŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by srk_preity_kajo

doly thanx for awesome articles..kbc show will surely rock since it has our favourite shahrukh khan

absolutely zaara...............

thks to u too........srk is on his best everywhere.........

did u catch the new sona chandi ad and also the icici bank ad........??

i love the kbc ad

it goes like

three words that spell ........magic

three words that spell ........exicetment

three words that every indian knows.........

thts srk...........shah rukh khan😳

ahhhhhhhhh shahrukh khan ur sooooooo cute i love you so much
from Rabiana (ur biggest fan 4 lyf)AKA mrs shahrukh khan πŸ‘
hi rabiana........welcome to the club........
mrs srk... 😳 .....loads of candidates for the contest πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜‰

articles on big b ans srk war...........

And the AB-SRK war continues
[ 5 Dec, 2006 2133hrs ISTTIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

What happens when two titans come face to face in the competitive arena in Bollywood? Fire works, ego clashes and a war of words is inevitable. Like the Amitabh Bachchan-Shah Rukh Khan war which was one of the biggest star wars first reported in July, 2005. It was alleged that whatever Amitabh did, Shah Rukh wanted to do the same, but bigger and better.

Even if it meant doing a remake of the Amitabh Bachchan hit Don or endorsing the same brands as Big B or working with the same banners, SRK did not shy away from the opportunity to match footsteps with the stalwart. With Shah Rukh Khan taking over the KBC mantle from Amitabh Bachchan, their war has reached another level. All this and more, when the two vehemently deny any such bad vibes.

SRK-Big B spat: Is it just a rumour?

UNI
Posted Tuesday , December 05, 2006 at 23:00 Updated Tuesday , December 05, 2006 at 23:11

FROM HORSE'S MOUTH: SRK says it's unfair to compare him with Amitabh Bachchan.

Mumbai: Bollywood hero Shah Rukh Khan on Tuesday scotched media reports of his spat with megastar Amitabh Bachchan, saying that it was all baseless.

A section of the press had reported about the Bachchan-Shah Rukh cold war to which the actor said, "Yes, even I have read this in the newspapers. We are grown-up educated people and working professionals. In Hollywood, do you hear news like Tom Cruise bashing up Brad Pitt? Then why is such stuff carried by you here?"

Shah Rukh was at Hotel Lands End to announce his comeback to television as a new avtaar with the biggest game show Kaun Banega Crorepati(KBC).

"I never left TV. The journey from Fauji, a serial on the small screen, to KBC is like a home-coming. This show will have a great emotional connection," Shah Rukh said.

He said it was unfair to compare him with Amitabh as the latter's contribution to the world of entertainment is immense. KBC will be aired in January next year from Monday to Thursday at 2100 hrs on StarPlus, Star Entertainment India CEO Sameer Nair said.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/srkbig-b-spat-is-it-media-rumour /27767-8.html

Cold war?

By IE
Wednesday December 6, 01:51 AM
SRK says "my height and my voice give me an edge"
I'm trying out various get-ups from Dhoom 2," Shah Rukh Khan jibes when we ask him what his look for Star Plus' Kaun Banega Crorepati will be like. The show returns in January with Khan as its new host. "I'm looking at KBC as an opportunity to thank my audience. And what better way to do that than by giving them other people's money," he continues. From his feelings about stepping into Amitabh Bachchan's shoes to the much-hyped cold war between the two mega stars, Khan has a tongue-in-cheek quip for it all. "Terms like 'Computerji'and 'Lock kiya jaye' came up through a combined effort between the creative heads and Mr Bachchan. I might just say 'KKK...Kiran," says the star who has just signed a two-year contract with the channel. Like his predecessor, Khan is hoping to quiz a host of celebrities "from Sridevi to the young Amrita Rao." But he goes on to add that meeting common people comes first. Khan, who courted stardom with his television serial Fauji 17 years ago, is back on the small screen, if we can still call it that. "An actor's job depends on producers, presenters and the nature of the offer. If I have to act in a Kyunki Saas Bhi..., I must look good in a sari."

http://in.news.yahoo.com/061205/48/6a1ab.html

Edited by doly_455 - 17 years ago
Brand 'SRK' ropes in big advertisers for KBC3 < = src="https://www.india-forums.com/jss/news/print_this_article.js">

THE ECONOMIC TIMES
MUMBAI

From blue < = src="https://www.india-forums.com/jss/news/square_banner_in_story.js"> to red, is the first definitive change that one will see in the third season of Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC), apart from of course the King Khan replacing the Big B. The quick witted Khan responds saying, "
Amitji tho aakash ki tarah sare aur chaaye huan hein, is lia blue. Aur me is desh ka 'lal' hoon."

The new avatar of KBC is expected to bring in Rs 20-30 crore profit, besides killing the current irritant from Star's scheme of things - Zee TV and maintaining its image and status value and the attempt to bring the fragmented audience back on to the network.

Star India is not only ensuring that the SRK ropes in larger audiences, but also using the SRK charm to woo the advertiser community, with Hyundai, ICICI and Pepsi close to sealing the KBC deal for Rs 7 - 10 crore, state sources close to the deal. What is interesting to note is that Star began scouting the market with an asking price of Rs 13 crore, and is now settling at Rs 7 - 10 crore, given the fact that a large chunk of the advertisers have already made commitments to cricket.

Sony which has roped in Videocon, Pepsi, Reliance, Nokia, LG, Maruti, Hero honda and ITC have committed close to Rs 300 crore as sponsors for Champions and the upcoming World Cup. Further close to Rs 60 crore is still to be sold as 10 second spot buys.

The others in talks with Star are interestingly Coke, HDFC, BSNL, Ford, Maruti and Hutch.

However, FMCG players have not shown any interest in the show, as most of them are in any case large spenders on Star Plus, and are not willing to spend over and above the current allocation on television per se.

So, while Star will manage a total of Rs 100 crore via ad sales, it is going to be a mammoth task for the broadcaster to bring in 10 sponsors as the plan seems to be.

With a total investment of about Rs 70-80 crore spread over SRK's fees, the format owner fees and the steep production cost, Star is likely to rope in Rs 70 crore from the main sponsors and the remaining Rs 30 crore from spot sales, telecom partners and the branding associations with different
properties on the show.

So, what's really the inside story on getting on board SRK? While the company maintains that Big B was not inclined to doing the third season, very clearly AB for the third time would not have worked the KBC magic as has been the case the previous two times.

It would have got a little stale and the novelty factor, has clearly worn off and more importantly advertisers would not have wanted to bet on AB and the show at a time when cricket is a healthy competitor. A third time with AB, would have been an average innings with KBC, not worth Star's while clearly.

The real story however is that if SRK, who was the Star's only choice was not available, Sameer Nair, the creative mind behind the show would have clearly not gone ahead with the third season in January. So, KBC 3 fell in place when SRK agreed and then the strategy of fitting it in with the last
quarter of the fiscal 2006 -2007 made perfect sense.

Says a Star official, "We decided to do the rounds and garner as much revenue, much before cricket starts to eat into the pie. Also, given the fact that with the year end, most advertisers have an advertising budget to finish, it seemed like the perfect opportunity."

Also, due to fragmentation, Star's effective ad rates have seen a downslide; some of the advertising been rationed off to Zee and Sony's newest stunt Big Boss. Star's seasonal gimmick with KBC, is an endeavour to get back ad revenues and then rejuggle programming slots, so as maintain the 8:30-11:30 pm band unbeatable. However, a point in note being that post KBC 2, Star's weekend band (Friday, Saturday and Sunday) which contributed about 12 -15% of the entire revenue stream, now accounts for 25%, the remaining coming from the weekdays - Mondays - Thursdays.

On whether, all of the objectives will be met, only time will tell!

Copyright 2006, Bennett, Coleman & Co. Limited. All Rights Reserved.

Source: The Economic Times

http://www.agencyfaqs.com/news/stories/2006/12/06/16546.html

gr8888.....congratz for part 5....SRK Fan-club is rocking....πŸ‘πŸ‘

Originally posted by doly_455

absolutely zaara...............

thks to u too........srk is on his best everywhere.........

did u catch the new sona chandi ad and also the icici bank ad........??

i love the kbc ad

it goes like

three words that spell ........magic

three words that spell ........exicetment

three words that every indian knows.........

thts srk...........shah rukh khan😳

really?? i have not seen the ad as yet....wow m so excited..

Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan waves to crowd as he arrives at the Tag Heuer Taj Precision polo match in New Delhi, India, Sunday, Dec. 3, 2006. Khan is the brand ambassador of Swizz watch brand Tag Heuer in India. (AP Photo/Manish Swarup)

http://news.yahoo.com/photos/ss/events/sp/042005polo/im:/061 203/482/xms10812031423?sp=-1&lsp=undefined

Edited by doly_455 - 17 years ago
Originally posted by prajakta567

gr8888.....congratz for part 5....SRK Fan-club is rocking....πŸ‘πŸ‘

really?? i have not seen the ad as yet....wow m so excited..

it comes on star plus now n then ...........

do catch it........

my latest SRK Sig....DON πŸ˜‰