Celebrity Fan Clubs

SRK Fan Club -- Part 5! - Page 4

doly_455 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Big B's shoes too big for me: SRK
Piyali Dasgupta
[ 4 Dec, 2006 1842hrs ISTINDIATIMES NEWS NETWORK ]

doweshowbellyad=0;

NEW DELHI: He wants to be "the dost and not the host", on TV. When Kaun Banega Crorepati (KBC) returns to Star Plus in mid-January 2007, Bollywood's badshah will be at the helm. On a nippy December Monday, SRK hosted a plethora of questions from eager Delhi scribes on why he wants to play anchor-quizmaster this time around.

KBC in its new GenNext avatar marks the return of Shah Rukh Khan on TV. Many years ago, popular television serials formed the launch pad for his meteoric film career.

There were other seconds as SRK was presented as the new KBC host. The idea of bringing Who Wants to be a Millionaire to an Indian audience was conceived of at the same deluxe hotel which was the venue for Monday's event. SRK was a celebrity participant in Bachchan's KBC and would have hit the jackpot, but for a last-minute blooper.

The dominant blue of Amitabh Bachchan's KBC set has been replaced by a vibrant red, though the logo remains the same.

doweshowbellyad=0;

A dapper SRK, accompanied by equally dapper bodyguards, took the stage, along with the CEO of Star Entertainment India, Sameer Nair and Siddhartha Basu of Synergy Communications. KBC continues to be produced by Basu's Synergy Communications.

Announcing the launch of KBC , Sameer Nair said SRK's wit, charm, energy and style, coupled with the rock-solid foundation of the show, would come together to give audiences an incredible television viewing experience.

SRK was repeatedly asked why he chose to frequently follow Bachchan's indubitable lead. In trademark style, SRK said comparisons de-valued an actor. "Bachchan saab ka joota waise bhi mere liye kaafi bara hai, "he said eloquently.

KBC did wonders for Bachchan's career when the superstar was going through a bad patch professionally. Asked if he was vacating the Bollywood badshah's slot for Hrithik Roshan or Abhishek Bachchan, Shah Rukh said: "Without an abdication there can be no crowning of another king. Forgive me if I am sounding pompous, but I am here and I am staying."

With films and live shows, was Shah Rukh spreading himself too thin? "I have been working on three films per year for the last 17 years. Also some live shows and I have other engagements. This is a job like any other and we have worked out timelines," was the star's reply.

doweshowbellyad=0;

Incidentally, SRK's son Aryaan had urged him to take up KBC only if 'Crorepati Uncle' would not do it any more. Sameer Nair clarified that Bachchan had intimated to Star as early as July this year that he would not continue with the show. SRK had prepared for about a month when he was a participant on KBC .

This time around, as host or rather the dost, on TV, it's no different. He plans to "look up old issues of newspapers on the Net." Take it with a pinch of salt, but one thing is sure, he plans to approach the anchor's role (and Siddhartha Basu dubs him as one who is a natural anchor) with the same tenacity and effort he puts in his films, or live shows.

What's the real reason for SRK making an appearance on TV again? He wants a way in which he can connect with the common man. "As actors, the nature of our jobs makes it difficult to be in touch with ordinary people. This is one way I can be in touch."

With the launch of KBC , Star India signed a 5-year contract with Celador (the creator of the original show) for this format. The deal incorporates both the format and programme license, and is the longest continuing license that has ever been granted for the global show.

So will SRK do a Big B on TV? One hopes not. Rather KBC , the stakeholders and the public would want Shah Rukh to just say, Main Hoon Na .

Edited by doly_455 - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

doly_455 thumbnail

SRK: Comparisons should never be made

Onkar Singh in New Delhi

December 04, 2006 19:11 IST

Tired of being asked about taking over from Amitabh Bachchan as the host of the television game show, Kaun Banega Crorepati, Shah Rukh Khan finally snapped and said that comparisons should never be made.

"You should not play down a person for the sake of playing up a person," SRK stated at a press conference in New Delhi to announce the launch of KBC.

SRK praised Bachchan for giving the programme a unique identity in the first and second season of KBC. "How can I step into his shoes? His feet are so big," he said.

KBC: SRK will do better job | Tell us

Thoughout his interaction with the media, SRK maintained his calm and replied to the questions with a touch of humour.

"Amitji took this programme to new heights, and now, I have to live up to the expectatons. I am happy that I am coming back to the small screen and would soon be entering your bedrooms!" SRK exclaimed. "But let me clarify that I will not be the host, but the dost of my audience. This programme has given me an opportunity to interact with the audience and I am sure I will be able to make a place for myself in your hearts."

Reacting to a question that KBC happened to Bachchan when he was in a poor financial condition, SRK defended the Big B by saying, "He is an icon and it is not fair to talk about him in such a manner."

"I do three films a year and I will stick to this schedule," SRK continued. "I have made a commitment to Star Plus and I will have to find time to carry out my commitment."

When a scribe asked him who the next Bollywood king would be, SRK answered that there was no vacancy. "You find a new king when the old one abdicates. At the moment, you have a king," he smiled.

When asked whether he asked his son, Aryan, before he took up the show, SRK replied, "Yes, I told him that Sameer uncle (Nair, CEO, Star Entertainment, India) wanted me to take up the job of anchor of KBC. He told me promptly that I should do it only if Crorepati Uncle refuses. When I told him that Amitji has already refused, he was sad. I am confident he will forget it soon once the prgramme is on air."

By hosting KBC, SRK will make a comeback to television, where he started his career in shows like Fauji and Circus

Would he like to have Bachchan as a guest on his show? SRK said that he would go on his knees to Amitji and drive him back to the studio in a Santro -- the car which he endorses -- if the Big B agreed.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/dec/04srk.htm

doly_455 thumbnail
welcome fariha.........!!i m doly.........
do take part in the dow, mom, and games to be announced soon.......
doly_455 thumbnail

SRK on KBC, Big B | Tarzan Khan?

Surabhi Khosla
IBNLive Specials
Posted Monday , December 04, 2006 at 19:30 Updated Tuesday , December 05, 2006 at 09:01

KBC UNLOCKED: SRK says that hosting the game show, KBC does not imply he has financial problems.

New Delhi: The Indian version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire, KBC, has over the years, become synonymous with Amitabh Bachchan and his personality.

With King Khan taking over the mantle from Amitabh Bachchan, what unique traits does he plan to bring into the show to rid it of Brand Big B and make it his own?

"I think I will just go there and say K..K..K..KBC," quips Shah Rukh Khan.

On a more serious note, he says, "K is considered the luckiest letter of the alphabet in Hindi film industry, so I say Siddhartha Basu - the producer of KBC - is K for kreator of the show, CEO of Star Entertainment India, Samir Nair is C for the man who will hand out the crores and I am B for bachcha (child) of the show. Together we make KBC and we promise to bring you something entertaining."

As Amitabh Bachchan hangs up his boots, it's time to hand over the baton - the anchor seat - of India's most popular game show and who better to carry on the mantle than Shah Rukh Khan?

The actor's always had an anchor in him and now he is all set to host Kaun Banega Crorepati, in its new GenNext avatar.

Stepping into Big B's shoes

Is Shah Rukh stepping into Amitabh Bachchan's shoes what with first Don and now KBC?

"I don't think I can step into Mr Bachchan's shoes for the simple reason that they are too big for me," jokes Khan.

He says that he will try and maintain the character and greatness created by Amitabh Bachchan. "I know that I was the second best choice that the producers had after Mr Bachchan declined to do the show and the challenge is not to let the show lose its content or its value."

I am nervous but extremely thrilled about doing the show. However, keeping aside my feelings, I promise that I will try and maintain the drama and the challenge in the show."

Jumping on to the TV bandwagon

When Amitabh Bachchan agreed to host Kaun Banega Crorepati, there was a lot of controversy surrounding his decision. There were rumours that he had been financially wiped out, ABCL was in debt and his professional life was in a mess with a series of flops.

KBC was a turning point in his career. It not just brought back the name and fame, but also re-established him as one of the biggest icons of the Indian Film Industry.

So what has prompted Shah Rukh Khan to do the show?

"Just because I am hosting a television show does not mean that I have financial problems. Neither does it mean that I am coming taking a step down. Television in India is taking on mammoth proportions and Indian news reporters are the fastest in the world reporting-wise. For me, coming back to television after such a long time is nothing short of a great honour."

"The show will get me closer to the people who employ me - the audiences all over India. It will transfer me right from theatres into the peoples' living rooms. I think KBC will make me a bigger star than ever."

However, he is quick to point out that KBC is a one-off commitment for him and that he is not ready - as yet - to do any other teleserial or show.

With Shah Rukh Khan, KBC promises to take on a new and thrilling dimension, get a new tone and a new tenor. Some parts of the show will be scripted, the rest will be natural, but everything will be in SRK's inimitable cheeky and witty style.

http://www.ibnlive.com/news/srk-dons-a-new-avatar-to-unlock- kbc/27674-8.html

doly_455 thumbnail

SRK turns on the charm full blast!
New Delhi, UNI:
The famous magical charm of Shahrukh Khan was in full evidence as the 'heart throb of millions' fielded with his trademark elan the various probing queries of mediapersons on Monday.

For once the normally aggressive media in the capital was rendered speechless by the intelligent and smart rejoinders of this 'Badshah of Bollywood'! The famous magical charm of Shahrukh Khan was in full evidence as the 'heartthrob of millions' fielded with his trademark elan the various probing queries of mediapersons on Monday to have their first tete-a-tete with him after the announcement of his hosting the forthcoming edition of the popular game show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'.

In fact, at the very beginning of the press conference, the 'King Khan' left mediapersons speechless when he said,''grill me, Kill me but be kind to me as I am from Delhi.'' ''Mujhe Dilli ke gusse se bahut dar lagta hai (I am afraid of the anger of Delhiites),''he said in a humorous vein.

Shahrukh's witty repartees and replies laced with humour had the audience often in splits, leaving them raving about his excellent sense of humour.

To a question on what would be his contribution to the show as its new host, Shahrukh, pointing out to the producer Siddharth Basu and head of Star Sameer Nair sitting alongside him said, ''Siddharth is the Kreator (of K in KBC) while Sameer will get the Crores (C of KBC) to the participants. Between the two of them, I am the 'Baccha' (B of KBC).'' Asked what was it like to step in the shoes of Mr Amitabh Bachchan, whose stint as host of KBC took the Game show to the crest of its popularity, 'King Khan' in his humorous style said,''I am too small to step into the shoes of Mr Bachchan.''

To another question on whether like in the case of Mr Bachchan, KBC would be a turning point for him as well, Shahrukh said,''no, it will be a learning point for me.'' Asked as to what he felt were the reasons for Star choosing him for the show after Mr Bachchan declined, Shahrukh said, ''I am a normal middle class person with a normal upbringing. At the risk of sounding immodest, I would say that at some level, I feel I am able to connect with people, whether it be kids or youngsters, who feel that I am one of them. In that sense, I live in the hearts of many people.''

On what preparations he planned to do for the show, considering that it was meant to be a test of general knowledge, Shahrukh said,''I am already brushing up my general knowledge by reading books on general awareness so that I am fully prepared when the show begins.''

To a query on what would happen to KBC of he were to be offered a role in a Hollywood movie tomorrow, Shahrukh said,''If I have any intention of doing a Hollywood film, I will ask Sameer to produce one and get Siddharth to direct it.''

http://www.deccanherald.com/deccanherald/dec52006/update1420 422006125.asp

Edited by doly_455 - 17 years ago
srk_preity_kajo thumbnail
doly thanx for awesome articles..kbc show will surely rock since it has our favourite shahrukh khan
ShahRukh Khan watches Polo

By ApunKaChoice

ShahRukh Khan was in Delhi on Sunday at the Jaipur Polo grounds.

Though the King Khan is not a strong enthusiast of the game, he was in Delhi as the brand ambassador for the global watch brand Tag Heuer.

Dressed dapperly, SRK was attracting lot of attention at the Jaipur Polo grounds, which is the venue for the Tag Heuer Precision Polo Cup. Although the superstar did not step into the field, he watched the half-hour game (played by celebrities) with keen interest.

Also present at the event was Saif Ali Khan . Saif did not socialize much but watched the game from rear benches.

SRK has just returned from Australia after shooting for Shimit Amin's Chak De India in which he plays a hockey coach.

He will now be heading to the Dubai International Film Festival where he will be honoured as part of the festival's DIFF Salutes programme for his contribution to Asian cinema.

King Khan

Shah Rukh Khan arriving in his royal buggy had Delhi going weak in the knees. Now, he is not called Badshah for nothing!

The world has known him as King Khan for long. On Sunday, he showed that when it came to razzmatazz, he was way beyond the blue blood. SRK couldn't have been more at ease, waving to Delhi's adoring crowds astride a horse-drawn carriage with a cavalcade of horsemen accompanying him, like the Badshah that he is. And Delhi just couldn't stop applauding. But then, style and royalty are not the only things Khan is known for. There is charm to boot as well. A smile here and a wave there, and the pretty young things and their mothers were all left gasping.

Only when all of them wanted to get up, close and personal, the trouble began. That was when SRK's security guards got to work. So, a request for an autograph meant asking one securitywallah, who then asked another, who then checked with SRK. But was Delhi complaining? Nope. In fact, one pretty lady was heard telling another, "Everybody seems to be talking about his walking the ramp. Wow!"

But then, SRK has always been a style icon. Good friend and haute designer Manish Malhotra has declared Shah Rukh to be the best dressed star in the country — which was further accentuated by the black bandhgala suit that the actor wore — while another designer friend Rohit Bal waxed eloquent about Khan's off-screen presence and style quotient. However, the star's pronounced limp throughout had many guessing why. "I hurt myself recently while shooting for a film in Australia. The pain is very much there," was all that he said.

Well or not, Khan hogged all the limelight even as his colleagues from Bollywood stepped back. Saif Ali Khan, on his part, sat in the second last row along with his abba, keeping a low profile. But that did not stop SRK from walking to Saif and giving him a bear hug. Or saying a hi to Arjun Rampal
the_charm thumbnail
yuppie fc 5 👏

how r u all? 😛
notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
w0w...thankss a lott for the articless zaaraaaaaaa 👏 👏