SRK Fan Club -- Part 5! - Page 2

Posted: 17 years ago

India revives 'Millionaire' takeoff

THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan looks on during an event in Bangalore, India, in this Sept. 17, 2006 file photo. Star Entertainment India television channel is reviving the most popular show in Indian history with top Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan as its new host, a news report said Sunday, Nov. 26, 2006. (AP Photo/Aijaz Rahi, File)

NEW DELHI -- Star Entertainment India television channel is reviving the most popular show in Indian history with top Bollywood actor Shahrukh Khan as its new host, a news report said Sunday.

"Kaun Banega Crorepati" - based on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" - was scrapped in January following its famous host Amitabh Bachchan's illness. The program drew millions of viewers.

The channel will start shooting the program next month and expects it to go on air by the end of January, the Press Trust of India news agency quoted Samir Nair, chief executive officer of Star Entertainment India, as saying.

Khan is one of the biggest Bollywood heartthrobs of the past decade and one of the highest paid actors in the Indian movie industry. Khan said he was pleasantly surprised when the STAR network offered him the show.

"It is a huge act to follow, that of Bachchan ... But it also excites me that I am getting an opportunity to reach out (and) talk and interact with my audience through a medium where I began my career as an actor years ago," he said in a statement.

Bachchan had spent nearly three weeks in a hospital in Mumbai, India's financial and entertainment capital, in December after having surgery for an intestinal ailment. He resumed work in Bollywood movies but didn't resume the television program.

DisplayOAS3 = '1' < = src="https://www.india-forums.com/ak/s/tools_plain.js" =text/>

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/tv/1401AP_People_Khan.html

A.R. Rahman On working with Shah Rukh Khan
I decided not to compose the music for his film, Om Shanti Om because I was refused the publishing rights of the film. But we could surely work in future. There should be no hard feelings in this business. Shah Rukh is warm-hearted and a smart producer but he was misled in this case.

The concept of music publishing is new in India and his advisors did not understand what it meant. They made him a bakra with their wrong advice.

source:rediff.com
reema im fine..i wanted to ask u why dont we have antakshri game...or else describe shahrukh in one word
When SRK wished for bigger balls

CNN-IBN
New Delhi: If you thought polo is all about horses and sticks, get a reality check. The high-adrenaline sport is as much about horsing around, big elephants, fashionable hats and star power. Superstar Shah Rukh Khan charioted the brigade himself as he went around the town, endorsing a popular watch brand.

check out this video:http://www.ibnlive.com/videos/27632/when-srk-wished-fo r-bigger-balls.html

SRK walks the ramp
Monday, December 04, 2006 08:36:00 am

Print this PageEmail this PageComment on this Page

The tall and the short of it: Actor Shahrukh Khan
The day might have been about the polo matches, but a fashion show was the flavour of the season as the sun set over Delhi.

It was designer Rohit Bal's show where the predictable whites surfaced again and even though there was a bit of enthusiasm about the stuff that Bal put on show, the evening was not about the clothes at all. But it's not right to reveal the punch line yet.

Bal's clothes were technically all there - the whites were brilliant, but the inspiration seemed to have faded. The show had a strong sense of deja vu, what with the same gold embellishments on the same white flowing silhouettes.

But as we said, the show was not really about the clothes. It was about Shahrukh Khan walking the ramp, and even though the pain from a recent shooting injury was visible, the show he put up was a veteran one, complete with negations about a prospective career change.

"You need to be good-looking, tall and graceful for this (modelling) and I'm neither of those. I'm glad I didn't have to audition as a ramp model to be an actor, I'd have failed," quipped the King Khan.

Next was a press conference about his upcoming stint on television. But for now, it was all about taking the right walk down the career lane.

(By Sarthak Kaushik)

Edited by srk_preity_kajo - 17 years ago

did any one of u saw srk's interview on aajtak on the show "seedhi baat"

Edited by srk_preity_kajo - 17 years ago
A BRIEF MEETING OF A FAN NAMED WEDA(MEMBER AT PLANETSRK.COM) WITH SHAHRUKH KHAN

After my meeting with Shahrukh at the temptation concert, I always knew deep in my heart that I will see Shahrukh one more time.

When I heard that the IIFA awards would be held in Holland, I was sooooo happy.
A few days later I heard that there would also be a festival at the Airport for the arriving stars.

I couldn't sleep well the week before the IIFA, everybody was telling me not to cry this time if I get the opportunity to meet Shahrukh again. I didn't promissed them anything, because I can't think right when he is close to me. It's like I'm not here on earth.

Friday 10th june I was at the airport with my mom and a friend of mine.
First Fardeen Khan came, then Shahrukh.
Everybody was screaming Shahrukh and again I was sitting silent and cried.
They made a stage at the airport to interview the stars when they arrived.

After Shahrukh came out of the gate he went to the stage, he talked to his fans then with a jounalist. He was in the middle of his conversation when he saw me. He said 'How are you sweetheart'. He saw me crying and said to the journalist 'One sec I'll meet my friend first' then he left his conversation with the media and came towards me. Ohhh my god I can't explain what I felt that moment. He came and huged me. Then he kissed my hand, it was sooo beautiful. He sighned for me on the picture that we made at the temptation.. Then I asked him to help me stand up from my wheelchair. He said sure, he came sooooo close and helped me to stand up. He took me in his arms. All I did was crying. Then he helped me to sit back again.
He is so sweet, so so nice, so caring. There are no words to discribe Shahrukh.

After the festival so many people at the airport asked me why Shahrukh left his conversation and came to me. A jounalist came to me for an interview she asked me several of questions. Like why Shahrukh helped me stand up. I explaind to her what Shahrukh means to me, that he is my only inspiration. I couldn't talk to much, the tears were stroming out my eyes.

After Shahrukh helped me with the first stap, I want to practice and do my very best to get back on my feet, so that one day Shahrukh can see that it was his magic that made me come so far.

He means the world to me, he did so much for me, it means so much to me. I think I would never be able to thank him for all he has done for me.

There is no one like Shahrukh, I think nobody else would have done what he did for me
check this link:www.timesnow.tv

this link has video of srk walks the ramp......at rohit bal's show and another video where he speaks about his new role as host of kbc
hey any 1 want vdo avi of SRK ????I'll soon post them .. 😊 Edited by Kohinoorfan - 17 years ago

Edited by Kohinoorfan - 17 years ago