Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
SRK's controversial remarks on KBC gets him into trouble

Shahrukh Khan has been hosting the game show Kaun Banega Crorepati since a few weeks now and initially people were excited to see his anchoring skills. During the first few episodes when SRK began to host KBC, there was a rise in the TRP's, but now it seems there is a dip in the TRP's for KBC. However the contestants who come on to the show are definitely charmed by SRK. But recently a controversial remark made by Shahrukh on Kaun Banega Crorepati has led to some controversy for him and the producers of the show too.

Recently on an episode of KBC, Shahrukh passed some remarks on Maharishi Balmiki which has angered a few devotees of the Maharishi and since then a few activists from the Bhartiya Balmiki Dharam Samaj have begun to burn effigies of SRK and the director of KBC. The devotees have not taken the remark in good spirit and are now protesting against SRK's remarks. Some members of this community claim Shahrukh's remarks are 'derogatory' and 'have also hurt their religious sentiments'. The activists now want a written apology from SRK and the channel.

Shahrukh has replaced Amitabh as the host of KBC and many people keep comparing SRK to Amitabh and are even saying that he has not been able to live up to the image created by Amitabh on the show. However SRK seems content with his performance as host of KBC, he says "I think I am doing good and the reason that I know that I am doing good is because I get to hear it from a lot of people." Many fans of SRK come on the sets of KBC in the hope that they will be able to catch a glimpse of him. Also many contestants of KBC gift Shahrukh several memorable gifts when they come on to the show.
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Bollywood Superstar Shah Rukh, who enters households from tonight as the host of widely popular game show 'Kaun Banega Crorepati' (KBC), says kids will love his new avatar.

As part of the publicity drive to promote the show, SRK took time off from the shooting schedule of his home production 'Om Shanti Om' to visit Gokuldham-a middle class residential locality near Filmcity in Goregaon - this afternoon.

Dressed in casual T-Shirt and jeans, a bespectacled Khan was welcomed by hysterical fan children, women and youngsters who burst crackers to herald the arrival of the bollywood badshah.

''Your love and affection is very touching and humbling experience. I will try and live upto your expectations in the show as well as till the time I act in movies,'' he told the gathering.

''A special music video 'Kar le kar le tu sawal' will be liked by children and youngsters,''he said.

Shah Rukh was overwhelmed by the cloth banners, posters, a collection of his photographs displayed all around the locality by the youngsters.

SRK was also gifted a specially prepared photo frame of him and his wife Gauri which said ''the best couple in the world'' by a group of women from the locality.

''We worked very hard to give a grand welcome to SRK. I did not even attend college for two days,'' said a collegian Vrushali Samant.

A 14-year-old student of the Gokuldham High School Dhrub said he and his friends bunked school as SRK was coming to their neighbourhood. ''When we were told about this visit two days ago, we got a pleasant shock and started preparing for this special day,'' he added.

When SRK was told that many children had bunked their classes because of his visit, he said,''I feel sorry. But, it is okay.

Children can enjoy once in a year.'' The actor entertained his hosts with dialogues from 'Don' and 'Devdas' and signed autographs. He also shook hands with tiny-tots dressed in their school uniform and also took care to tell the photographers who were taking his pictures to ensure that the children were not hurt in the process.
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
King to sirf main hi hoon," echoed SRK in his characteristic style as a contestant struggled to answer a question. The audience poll followed and the right answer was 'queen' for the game of carom. Hmmm…The verdict is loud-n-clear. King Khan has dissipated humungous speculation about his take-over as the host of 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'. And yes, not only is he a charming new dost-cum-host, the irrepressible Khan is one up on Amitabh Bachchan because of his wonderful camaraderie with the contestants, ready wit, great sense of humour (many a time at his own expense) and his gamble of being drastically different from Big B, works big time too. And Compuetrji has now become Compaq da, Compaq Gaaru or Mr Computer….And for Lock Kiya Jaye…Just look for 'Freeze Kar Den'…The New KBC is hip, happening and Fun…

At the stroke of nine yesterday, SRK kick-started this edition of KBC with a rap-pop number where he said tongue-in-cheek: 'Mere Angne Mein Tumhara Kya Kaam Hai'.

The song tries to be cool but the tune could have been better. At the outset itself, he makes it clear that he would be speaking in a language that people are more familiar with thus thwarting the Shudh Hindi of its predecessor. SRK starts off question-baazi with the rollover contestant of KBC 2, Prasanjit Sarkar from Kolkata. He gelled with his wife, dished out a Bengali poem, wrote a check for him and also said that "I am so used to signing autographs that I was about to write Luv-Shahrukh….My wife is a strong woman, she doesn't allow me to do things like writing cheques…."

For first fifteen minutes or so it seemed as if SRK is trying a bit too hard. But then he grew in confidence. "Don't say I want to quit, just say….Shahrukh I want to hug you….Main aapko gale lagana chahta hoon….." And the hug was warm. Genuine-n-prompt! Indiaglitz in one of its reports yesterday stated that SRK is a people's person. And in this first big opportunity of getting to know the real India after his stardom, the Badshah's interaction was live wire. It was as if he knew Rama Gugila from Khammam (the next contestant) for ages. "Can I call you Gugy….or is Gugs more cool….what do you say man…"
When the comparisons between new and old 'Don' happened a few months ago, SRK overwhelmingly came a close second to Amitabh Bachchan's earlier avatar. Somewhat similar results were expected in KBC too. But no….A cool SRK outsmarts a gentlemanly Senior Citizen Mr Bachchan. If the first episode is anything to go by, then Shahrukh Khan's brand value is going to skyrocket as KBC gains more episode strengths. For the time being….You can "Freeza That".
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
Shah Rukh Khan credits his Bollywood rivalries to the media

09th Feb 2007 11.43 IST
By ApunKaChoice

Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan says he finds out which actor he's supposed to be fighting with from the newspapers.

"A few years ago when I used to get up in the mornings I would quickly check the papers so that my kids don't see it, just in case I'm fighting with someone,'' SRK said in a television interview with Bollywood filmmaker Karan Johar , according to a newspaper report.

The newspaper report carried excerpts from the Star World show 'Koffee with Karan' to be broadcast this weekend. The celebrity talk show begins its second season Sunday with Khan and Rani Mukherjee and Kajol .

SRK, 41, has been in at the center of a media storm with news reports claiming a bitter rivalry between him and Bollywood mega superstar Amitabh Bachchan .

SRK has recently started hosting 'Kaun Banega Crorepati', which Bachchan used to host earlier, adding more fuel to rumors of rivalry.

"His family is nice to me, kind to me and I'm kind to them. We get along very well," SRK said about Bachchan.

"But I have to keep on justifying this and it's a little embarrassing at times."

SRK and Bachchan have acted together in several films including last year's blockbuster Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna .

http://apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20070209-0.html Edited by Fashion_2005 - 17 years ago
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
When SRK meets SRK!

Come March and SRK will be scooting off to London again. It's not vacation time for him, neither is it another shooting schedule. SRK will be meeting SRK.

Gottit? Apparently his wax statue at the renowned Madame Tussaud's will be ready by March, and the King Khan will obviously go to see himself standing tall amongst the world's other cherished celebrities.

It will be quite a high seeing himself out there. What a 'melting' moment, right?

http://movies.indiatimes.com/quickies/1586502.cms
Reema_J thumbnail
Hey all... looks like we're ready for the next part of the club! 😳

Alright, I won't be very active this weekend, so I will go ahead and make the post right now! 😃

Thanks for all the articles/pics! 😳
Fashion_2005 thumbnail
yayyy! i was waiting for PART 6. 😃 😛

I will wait for that post now 😊 thanks 😃
Jia thumbnail