A promise to my BFF- My promise to Mishti and myself- A Kathik POV

kirts123 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
The mehandi function was over. We were to get married in two days. I was not able to contain my joy. I just wanted to share it, give it away. I roamed around the Singhania house, now my sasural which was first my employers place. Everyone was happy for the princess of the house who was going to be married. I was searching for the love of my life. Madam had gone to change after the Mehandi function and it seemed to be ages. I could not pass 5 minutes without looking at the smile on her face.
In my search for her I came across the second best girl in my life. My first GF an my BFF- Mishti. She had lost my favourite accessory on her- the cute smile. Concerned I sat behind her and was startled to come across fear in her eyes

"Mishti, what happened, why are you like this? " I gave her a hug and was shocked that she pushed me away and seemed to be scared of me

"BFF, can I ask you something?" she asked, still her voice reflecting some unknown fear.

"Why are you scared Mishti" I asked her, now getting really worried

"Will you torture Naira di after marriage" she asked, knocking the wind out of me

"What" I asked unable to understand. How did she think of me like that?

"Even in my Hindi serial, the guy and the girl loved each other a lot. The guy was very good before marriage and used to take care of the girl very lovingly. The heroine also loved him more than her  life, But after marriage he told her that he had acted like loving her for some revenge. He would beat her everyday after having some bad drinks; I don't know what it is and all his family members would also beat her. They would not even give her food to eat. Will all these happen to my didi after marriage?"

" You also scolded didi very much in temple, then during Makar Sankranti, when she came to see you at her house and that day also during Mehandi function. Will you start hating her soon and beat her?Mishti blurted out and started sobbing.

"Mishti!!" Karishma chachi screamed in anger and I realized that all the Singhanias had heard her. 

"Chachi, No, please don't scold her" I requested.

I stood in front of everyone " Her concern is correct; I should answer her question. She blurted it out and I am sure the fear might be in all your minds also, not in the literal meaning of what Mishti asked, but whether the princess of your house will be happy in my house like how she was here"

"Karthik" Naksh started; but I stopped him " No Naksh, there is nothing wrong. Allow me to answer please"

I now knelt down to match Mishti's height " BFF, Should a day come where I beat Naira, that would be the last day of my life.I promise I will kill myself should such a situation arise. Never in my dreams can I think of something like that. I shall never even raise my hand at her and shall make sure till my last breath no one else does also. If anyone even thinks to harm my Naira, I shall make sure he or she regrets it till their last breath. Rest assured, I can tell you that she shall be my queen forever. Haan fights will be there, but above all I  will always love her and will always stand by her side in whatever she does, unconditonally"

"This is the promise I made to Akshara mam, As soon as Mam knew that Naira and I loved each other, she met me in person and got this promise from me. Even Naira does not know it. Mam was the one next to my Maa to give me so much affection and I shall never go against this promise" I told looking at everyone in the eye.

"Karthik, I am sorry" Naksh told tears in his eyes as he pulled me into a brotherly hug.

"What is there to be sorry here bro? It is your sister's life we are talking about. All of you have every right to question me" I told with a chuckle." 

I looked back at Mishti, who continued to sob." BFF what happened now" I asked hugging her

"I am sorry BFF, I am really really sorry for asking you like that" she cried.

I wiped those tears." Nothing wrong, this shows how much you love your sister. I am not angry and can never get angry at you"

"I love you BFF"  she told, the mischievous twinkle back in her eyes

" I love you too Mishti" I said cupping her face." AND YEAH PLEASE DONT SEE TOO MUCH SERIALS. IT DOES NOT HAPPEN LIKE THAT IN REAL LIFE( True, guys like Karthik do not exist in real life:P)

Mishti ran away to play with Luv, Kush and Kuhu. However the question she had asked still rang in my ears.I was relieved that Naira was not around to hear what we had spoke. 

I had made a promise for a lifetime, to Mam, to Mishti and to myself. I vowed to myself to love Naira with all my life for my entire life.

Looking forward to your comments.

Edited by kirts123 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

foxi thumbnail
Lovely, it would be just tooo good if they had any scene like this.

I do miss Mishti Karthik convos.
...Penknife... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Aw that's as really really sweet. Thank you for s haring this here. ❤️
Duggukede thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
beautifully written well done! :)
kirts123 thumbnail
Thanka all.. means a lot..  actually I had something like this planned in  my mind  for long.. it's a child's innocence.. of mishti which I planned to potray and seeing today's episode.. Karthik was just wow in his delivery of those lines..Edited by kirts123 - 7 years ago
kirts123 thumbnail
Thanks a lot everyone for the comments..