Bade Acche Laggte Hai

I am really enjoying this moment of glory: Sakshi Tanwar

peeyara thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
I am really enjoying this moment of glory: Sakshi Tanwar
Huned Contractor | Thursday, 9 February 2017 AT 09:06 AM IST      
Sakshi Tanwar, Dangal
A chat with Sakshi Tanwar who is basking in the success of Nitesh Tiwari's Dangal

If Dangal has easily been the best, and the biggest, parting gift of the year 2016 and has once again proved that Aamir Khan can slip into any role with absolute integrity and conviction, it has also brought to the fore a whole lot of visibility for TV actress Sakshi Tanwar. Her performance may have seemed quite restrained in the film as the protagonist's wife but it has now put her in the big league for sure. Ask her how the film has changed her life and Sakshi says, "It has been a wonderful, and enlightening, experience for several reasons. For one, it gave me a chance to act opposite a talent powerhouse like Aamir Khan and two, it has wiped out the not-so-great performances of my earlier films. I am really enjoying this moment of glory." Sakshi's appearance in films like C Kkompany, Coffee House or the Marathi flick Katyar Kaljat Ghusli had pretty much gone unnoticed. Dangal has changed the equation.

So what was it that made her character in Dangal connect with the audience? "As Mahavir Phogat's wife, Daya Kaur, I am a bridge between the ambitious father and his two daughters. There are times when I don't agree with what he says but then my faith in him is so strong that I am willing to walk the extra mile to help him realise his dream. At the same time, I am really concerned about how society would look at the two girls as wrestlers. Therefore, there is this constant dichotomy that I have to face and I think the character was scripted with a lot of deep thought about what a mother and wife should do to protect her family. This is what related to the audience because it is so real," she says.

And though she may have had a lot of experience acting in blockbuster TV serials like Kahani Ghar Ghar Ki and Bade Achhe Lagte Hain, working for a film did call for a lot of preparation, especially with a perfectionist like Aamir calling the shots. "My casting was amongst the last ones to get finalised and so when I joined the team the others had finished their language training sessions and readings. Since we did not have much time the language teacher came home to teach me. I recorded all the dialogues in her voice on my phone and I would keep listening whenever I had time. What helped is that I am from Alwar at the border of Haryana and could therefore easily relate to the milieu of the film and the body language of the women there," she says. So has the success of Dangal brought in its wake a whole lot of film offers? She laughs. "Yes, there are offers but nothing that I have finalised," she says.

Meanwhile, her attention is now focused on completing the shooting for a web series for Alt Balaji called Kehte Hain Opposites Attract. While not willing to give the plot away, Sakshi says that it's about how two people can fall in love anytime. The web series has her paired with her Bade Achhe Lagte Hain co-star Ram Kapoor and will be streamed on Ekta Kapoor's digital platform.

"It's great to be a part of something which I have never tried out before. It is a new territory for me and the production house is ready to break new ground on the digital platform. We shoot at actual locations as opposed to studios where serials are usually shot. Also, the shots are a little more realistic and in the real space," she says.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

LovingRaYa thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
It was new interview of ST with the post sucess of the movie Dangal and happy to know their are offers for her in films too but now wanna see her with Ram in Web series. Thank u for Sharing it dearEdited by LovingRaYa - 7 years ago
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
KHOA ðŸ˜•
i thought its KTBM

wacko
tfs naz
can we expect madam to sign a film after web series 
but I really wish to see her in daily soap
iluvusakshi thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 8
tfs. but me also want sakshi in daily soaps. adat se majboor. adat hai na roj roj dekhneki.
but anyways. whatever roles she accepts, we r very sure k she will surely do it with her best.
all the best sakshi. god bless
leena04 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

TFS me also wants to see her in daily but seeing today's show I have one big nooo plz yaar make some romantic show EK n bring the queen back to screen plz...