Ankush and Sonal's audition for YVR

Posted: 7 years ago
Ankush Arora's audition for Kartik:
http://youtu.be/dpTcFai9VCI

Sonal Vengurlekar's audition for Survi:

Both were perfect.  Cannot imagine anyone else essaying KarVi other than these two.  Minus the rushed tracks and Survi's superwoman avatar and their tragic end, KarVi's story was perfect.  The history the two characters shared, their unlikely friendship, and their love and devotion for each other despite the odds being against them was what made YVR special and stand out in comparison to everything else on TV.  SonKush, through their talent, brought to life one of the most lovable pairings I've seen in recent times.  The onscreen chemistry between these two was so natural that it was hard to believe that KarVi was fictional.  
Omggg Thaniya thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you so much 
I couldn't find the audition vidoes uploaded by the creative on her channel & I thought I lost them forever 
Cannot thank you enough for sharing them 
Thaaannnkkk you 

Luxmi wanted to see the videos.Now she can 😃😃😃  

Oh & I hadn't seen Sonal's audition video cause it wasn't there on Trushula's or the creative's youtube page 
So a big thanks to you Thaniya ❤️

Thank you so much for sharing.  I loved Ankush's haircut, it suits him.  And Sonal looked beautiful.  They both made the perfect KarVi. 
Originally posted by luxmi_1029

Thank you so much for sharing.  I loved Ankush's haircut, it suits him.  And Sonal looked beautiful.  They both made the perfect KarVi. 

Luxmiii you saw Sonal's video right 
That's the alternative scenario I was talking about.That other video with Shanice,Ankush & Bharat 
Shanice was saying all those things 

They had planned on Survi growing up in Barve house,living with Kartik for 12 long years 
Wonder why they didn't go for it 
Originally posted by Vanellope

Luxmiii you saw Sonal's video right 
That's the alternative scenario I was talking about.That other video with Shanice,Ankush & Bharat 
Shanice was saying all those things 

They had planned on Survi growing up in Barve house,living with Kartik for 12 long years 
Wonder why they didn't go for it 

I did, and I loved it.  I wish they had incorporated more of this story-line.  The one they showed was good, but could've of done better with more KarVi and more emotions on both their ends. It would've also given more room for other characters to perform too.  Why YVR, why?!?
Originally posted by luxmi_1029

I did, and I loved it.  I wish they had incorporated more of this story-line.  The one they showed was good, but could've of done better with more KarVi and more emotions on both their ends. It would've also given more room for other characters to perform too.  Why YVR, why?!?

The one they went for was more believable for me cause before the leap I used to wonder how Survi is gonna survive with Tai hatching murder plans everyday 
But yeah more of Karvi would have been ❤️ 
Happy for the things they showed cause showed so much progression in a couple's life from being childhood friends to wanting to grow old together couple.And entry of KHushi took the beauty of Karvi to a whole new level.

But sad for how they went for more Tai's conspiracies & finally how they decided to end Karvi's story.

The one they went for was more believable for me cause before the leap I used to wonder how Survi is gonna survive with Tai hatching murder plans everyday 
But yeah more of Karvi would have been ❤️ 
Happy for the things they showed cause showed so much progression in a couple's life from being childhood friends to wanting to grow old together couple.And entry of KHushi took the beauty of Karvi to a whole new level.

But sad for how they went for more Tai's conspiracies & finally how they decided to end Karvi's story.

I am glad that they didn't have Survi grow up in the Barve mansion.  If she had I don't think I could've been able to accept KarVi, despite SonKush's onscreen chemistry.  Realistically speaking, I do not think Kartik would've been able to see Survi in a romantic way if she had grown up beside him, especially while he played a parent-like figure to her.  

Kartik being apart from Survi for the 8 years of her going from a teen to a full grown woman was important to the story-line and their relationship.  I do agree that the emotions of the two could've been explored further.  I have mentioned on numerous occasions here that the incorporation of Kartik's insecurities around his age and Survi's too about having Kartik accept her as a woman worthy of his love would've been an intriguing arc that would've made an even greater mark within the industry. I really expected YVR to do this, but alas they decided to rush the arc between the 8 year leap and KarVi's marriage 😭 

Oh well.  I am still glad I had the privilege of witnessing KarVi's story unfold for what it was, and in the process admire SonKush's palpable chemistry.. it would've have sufficed without the tragic end, but whatever. 😛
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago
Originally posted by sugarpuff1992hi

I am glad that they didn't have Survi grow up in the Barve mansion.  If she had I don't think I could've been able to accept KarVi, despite SonKush's onscreen chemistry.  Realistically speaking, I do not think Kartik would've been able to see Survi in a romantic way if she had grown up beside him, especially while he played a parent-like figure to her.  

Kartik being apart from Survi for the 8 years of her going from a teen to a full grown woman was important to the story-line and their relationship.  I do agree that the emotions of the two could've been explored further.  I have mentioned on numerous occasions here that the incorporation of Kartik's insecurities around his age and Survi's too about having Kartik accept her as a woman worthy of his love would've been an intriguing arc that would've made an even greater mark within the industry. I really expected YVR to do this, but alas they decided to rush the arc between the 8 year leap and KarVi's marriage 😭 

Oh well.  I am still glad I had the privilege of witnessing KarVi's story unfold for what it was, and in the process admire SonKush's palpable chemistry.. it would've have sufficed without the tragic end, but whatever. 😛

Someone made a post about this when we had our first leap & quite many members agreed 
So do I.It's quite possible Kartik might not have ever or might have taken too much time to realise,his love for Survi  

They did have another audition video of Ankush wherein Kartik asks Survi to marry Aniket.We did see this track in the show but the video seemed like being in continuation with the plot in Sonal's audition video.Therein Kartik still sees Survi as his friend & wants her to be happy & so sees Aniket as someone who can make her happy 

Who knows if they had decided to go with this plot,Survi might have been married to Aniket  

Thank God they did not 😃

Someone made a post about this when we had our first leap & quite many members agreed 
So do I.It's quite possible Kartik might not have ever or might have taken too much time to realise,his love for Survi  

They did have another audition video of Ankush wherein Kartik asks Survi to marry Aniket.We did see this track in the show but the video seemed like being in continuation with the plot in Sonal's audition video.Therein Kartik still sees Survi as his friend & wants her to be happy & so sees Aniket as someone who can make her happy 

Who knows if they had decided to go with this plot,Survi might have been married to Aniket  

Thank God they did not 😃

I am so glad that they went with karvi.   I remember watching an interview with sonal on youtube recently.  She said that her bf auditioned for the role of aniket but didn't get it.  I am so very glad he didn't.  😳

I cannot imagine yvr with any other pairing but sonkush/karvi.  In tamil we get the dubbed version of shastri sister... its called Kanchana.  The pairings in the show- sonal and her bf included did not have the level of chemistry that karvi had (probably becuase they were all just starting out and because of the dubbing). I am 100% sure that if karvi wasn't a thing in yvr I would never had given it a second look. 
Edited by sugarpuff1992hi - 7 years ago