Isnt it normal? Pragya shouldnt be normal?

Posted: 7 years ago
She have gotten remarks about her looks in the past. She has been rejected by potential grooms because she was found unattractive. But it's okay she didn't mind it. She has been taunted by his husband, his gf, his sis etc and she didn't give a damn about it.

Now a guy whose close to Abhi comes and starts humiliating her and her hubby who thinks her as best friend and her brother just stand there.

Isn't being humiliated before loved ones different from being taunted at? So whenever Pragz hasn't shouted NO or was passive, it was taken at her agreeing to the claim. Does that mean AbhiRab being silent should be taken as that they couldn't defend Pragya?

Wasn't Pragya's reaction normal? Isn't it human to cry at such a situation?

P.S. I know Abhi is going to help Pragz and Purab was doing drama. I am just talking about this scene from Pragya's POV. I also know it's a KB ritual - let Pragya get insulted first and then we'll try to find a solution.

Sorry Nivz, I'm just copying and pasting what I said somewhere else. *runs and hides*
And yes, I thought her reaction was normal, even though I still wish she hadn't cried. 

I dont share the opinion that she was affected by Rocky's words. See, I'm someone who's pretty okay about how I look, flaws and everything added. Its just who I am. But if someone says rotten things about me to my face in front of a large group of people who stand around and watch the commotion happen rather than stand up for me, I'm going to get hurt and upset too.

I'd probably cry a little upstairs in my room too. Not for the words that were spoken to me, because thats just someone's opinion. But because of the humiliation that I faced in front of everyone about my appearance. By some random guy who does't know me and has the guts to say such horrid things about me. 

Not that I NEEDDD anyone to stand up for me. But then if you dont have the guts to say anything for me in a crowd when I get humiliated, then have the courtesy to leave the room and stop watching the drama unfold as a standbyer. Thats all I ask.
Frankly I think it's ridiculous and not remotely normal for Pragya to genuinely say she agrees with what was said about her not being good enough for anyone, not being fashionable, etc. It's not normal because Pragya is not a weak and superficial person. It's not normal because Pragya's strength of character comes from an inner sense of self. It's not normal because what would have been normal would be to roll her eyes and some complete stranger saying some completely unprovoked and irrelevant things. And by the way, she's been Mugambo. She KNOWS she can be hi-fi if she needs to be. My issue with all of this is that this reaction is not consistent with Pragya from earlier times. And I know - that's how it goes with a soap. The characters aren't supposed to be consistent. The writers don't care or remember the way I do that Pragya doesn't care about any of this stuff. So they make her cry and take to heart empty words that seriously have nothing whatsoever to do with her. 

Pragya knows Abhi loved her and believes their love will bring him back to her. Why in the name of heaven and earth would she seriously believe that anyone is right to say she's not layak of anyone at all! Why? Because it's convenient for the writers. Not because it actually makes sense. It doesn't make sense and it's not supposed to.
Writers/CVs/cast of KKB forgot Pragya's credentials but we viewers still remember.They don't have proper content to fill up episodes, neither have time to spend on brain storming new ideas or for creative thoughts on improving what they intend to recycle quickly from past plots. Any thing that is convenient to drag into more episodes they incorporate in the script that's fine they have dealines to meet but no need to compromise on characterizations and behaviors of once upon a time lead characters of this show causing huge disconnect.😕

Pragya is a highly educated working class girl from a metro like Mumbai not any illiterate down class good for nothing girl. She is qualified and experienced has double masters, additional certificates and even a research student when she was a confident, strong, capable, respectable, intelligent, decent earning Professor in this show who was also a bread earner for an all women family. Wearing a salwar suit with no makeup and chashma doesn't make anyone down class to get publicly humiliated, firstly she isn't a model or actress. She is not from glamour industry to roam around in shorts/designer clothes with heavy makeup all the time and also has no pressure to maintain her physical image for her career sake! 

It deemed silly to be shown to us that Pragya was silently crying for such remarks rather than asking Rocky to shut up and mind his language or walking out in anger after seeing Abhi who calls himself her best friend silently listening to all the junk spoken against her looks and financial background. Pragya faced many comments earlier on her simple looks in this show but she was confident enough to handle them with her self respect and grace or ignore them. And as Lady Mogambo she knew very well how to look and behave like a business woman, star wife and as a celebrities boss in public.😉

Where has that old Pragya vanished from the show? This fan, receptionist, secretary and household help only waiting to be called a wife by her forgotten husband has robbed her off her original identity and qualities by the new writers. And those dialogues where she feels that Abhi may remove her as secretary and would not consider her as a friend because he may give more weight age to his old friend Rocky's words were like bouncers! When Abhi silenced his own sister Aliya whenever she spoke to him that Nikitha doesn't qualify to be a celebrities secretary she will find a good one for him, why will he listen to some Rocky or Docky? ðŸ˜†

Originally posted by LA2725

Where has that old Pragya vanished from the show? This fan, receptionist, secretary and household help only waiting to be called a wife by her forgotten husband has robbed her off her original identity and qualities by the new writers. And those dialogues where she feels that Abhi may remove her as secretary and would not consider her as a friend because he may give more weight age to his old friend Rocky's words were like bouncers! When Abhi silenced his own sister Aliya whenever she spoke to him that Nikitha doesn't qualify to be a celebrities secretary she will find a good one for him, why will he listen to some Rocky or Docky? ðŸ˜†

@italics We might not get old Pragya forever if it continues like this. ðŸ¥±

@underlined Agree that those thoughts were ðŸ˜²ðŸ˜• given that she knows Abhi very well but I think they're just momentary thoughts after a humiliation.

@bold Yes, its the same Abhi who silenced his sister but he was silent this time. Maybe he just didn't want to argue with Rocky or didn't think his words/opinion actually matter. But the fact is he didn't silence Rocky. And neither did Purab. Wouldn't that mean that they couldn't defend Pragya? ;
If I am not wrong, hasn't Abhi had joked about Pragya being jealous of Tanu few number of times in this track. Though she knows Abhi is not into looks, this might have caused her to think so for a few moments. Sometimes people get those stupid thoughts that one gets when being emotional.

Having said all this, I wonder how she forgot about her sassy and hot Mugambo Avatar. But I think she wasn't worrying about her look because she's okay with it, she was worrying about Abhi taking Rocky's words. 
Edited by -Nive- - 7 years ago
this crying situation is a bit similar to when she is taunted by alia and tanu...she knows that she should show them that she is not bothered by what they say to her...her love for abhi and her kumkum will get her through as abhi love for her ...but they show pragya eyes down...face upset when they are taunting her...I wish in these situations they show that she let it be known that no matter what they are saying to her ...it does not affect her..but the writers for their viewers compassion towards pragya bring about these situations constantly...only once or twice in between will show that pragya will show that she is not affected because she is strong in her convictions ...yes she is human and she will break at some point in time...but we had to have the crying the bystanders saying and doing nothing so abhi's heart will break when he sees her like this...all for the script...
Maybe normal for most people.  But not for Pragya.  She stood up for herself in the past.

She didn't have to accept all those mean things and cry like they were true. She could have walked away. 

She didn't have to agree with all those things Rocky said when Abhi came to talk to her. That shocked me. 

It's not normal for a girl with some self respect. They showed Pragya not giving a damn to anyone about it before and now a new person who showed up should not make her feel that way. If this is what she thinks of herself she needs counseling.. I hope Abhi helping her gives her a attitude change and not just clothes!!
Guys, I thought Pragya cried because she worried about Abhi agreeing with Rocky's words not because she worried about her appearance.
Well that doesn't make it better but still I thought the reason was different and she wasn't really worried about not looking good according to fashion standards. She was just thinking about Abhi's stand.
Nive, sorry for the late post. 
I must have missed the part where she said that Abhi would throw her out believing that buffoon's words. I only saw Abhi come into the room and she was looking at him with tears in her eyes. 

I didn't like the reactions she showed when the buffoon guy was talking nonsense. She experienced this kind of talk about her looks, clothing, her class before from none other than Abhi, several times. She didn't care a damn because from how he was behaving, his opinion didn't matter to her. And till now, it was never shown that this kind of stupid talk affected her, she got mocked for her looks and clothing and class by the vamps innumerable times. She didn't care a hoot about this kind of nonsense. 

But yesterday when the guy started ranting, they showed her feeling very bad with tears in her eyes and crying in the room. That didn't go down well with me at all. And on top of that to have Abhi come and see her feeling bad, that did it for me. Yes, I feel it is OK to cry in front of loved ones when we feel bad. That is what I expected her to do when she came home after that rape ordeal🤢😭. But she didn't show any feeling then, instead went right into another mess. Abhi should have known about that ordeal she went through, what is the need for them to hide it? But this supposed humiliation is a non-issue. I tell you, most of the time people are very nice here and accept me for who and what I am, but sometimes there are the ignorant ones who talk differently to me because I don't look like them. Should we take these things personally, I say to myself that it is their problem and move on. That was how Pragya was and is to my understanding, and that is what made me relate to her ( I know it is getting harder these days ). If she was a teenager who hadn't yet gained a level of maturity or self-identity, her reaction and crying is perfectly understandable, but didn't expect this from her. 

And what can I say about Abhi? Purab, to some degree I understood because his plan was to seemingly dump her. But Abhi? Did he not just take some big oaths to safeguard her honor and happiness? Even if he didn't, if somebody is humiliating a woman or a man for that matter in his house, should he not intercept it? Why is he so tongue-tied? But I know better, not to expect much from Abhi. What do we expect from a person who didn't care to investigate when she got tied in Ravan and burned alive, or when his wife got molested in his own bedroom? Would any of us let that go till we get to the bottom of that ? I am sorry to digress, these memories are like poison in my brain, I can't forget them💔

Sorry it became long, Nive. May be you got more than what you bargained for😃