Sensational South

Naga Chaitanya, Samantha Ruth Prabhu engaged in fairytale ceremony

sarun_4_eva thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago

Naga Chaitanya, Samantha Ruth Prabhu engaged in fairytale ceremony: See all the pics

• Firstpost   
  •  
  • Jan 30, 2017 10:09 IST

By FP Staff

Their romance has long been the stuff of every Telugu cinema fan's dreams, and now actors Naga Chaitanya and Samantha Ruth Prabhu have made it official. Chaitanya and Samantha " whose fans popularly refer to them by the diminutive 'ChaiSam' " were engaged in a small, private ceremony in Hyderabad on Sunday. The engagement was only attended by a few family members and very close friends of the couple. Confirming the news, Chaitanya's father " the star Akkineni Nagarjuna " took to Twitter to announce the news. "Can't express my happiness in words. It's official now," Nagarjuna tweeted. Nagarjuna also shared a family picture featuring the entire Akkineni clan, including his other soon-to-be daughter-in-law Shriya Bhupal, who will marry his younger son Akhil. Akhil Akkineni also tweeted out his wishes for his brother and his finacee: My brother and my new sister ! I'm the happiest thammudu in the world. Love you guys ! https://t.co/ONfOMLOseG... https://t.co/UHRNsv9wSf " Akhil Akkineni (@AkhilAkkineni8) January 29, 2017 For the engagement ceremony, Samantha wore a specially designed sari by Kresha Bajaj, while Chaitanya opted for a natty suit. While the couple hasn't announced a wedding date yet, sources close to their families said they were looking to tie the knot in 2018. Chaitanya had previously been quoted as saying: "The marriage may happen in the latter part of 2017. We haven't fixed a wedding date. My younger brother Akhil is getting married first." That about dashes fans' hopes for a joint wedding celebration for both the Akkineni brothers. Here are photos from the engagement ceremony: Samantha and Chaitanya. Photo courtesy Twitter The couple exchanging rings The Akkineni family poses with Samantha and Shriya Chaitanya and Samantha first met on the sets of Gautham Vasudev Menon's Telugu romantic-drama Ye Maaya Chesave, and went on to work together in films such as Autonagar Surya and Manam. They're pegged to play the leads in an upcoming Telugu adaptation of 2 States. " With IANS inputs

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I thought he was dating Tamannaah but this misconception was shattered when my sister saw Chaitu and SRP at a restaurant.
He's young, he could have waited some more before getting engaged.
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Originally posted by: anam10

Who are they?

Nargajuna's son and a SI actresss. Samantha starred in Eega
fivestars thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Madame_89

I thought he was dating Tamannaah but this misconception was shattered when my sister saw Chaitu and SRP at a restaurant.

He's young, he could have waited some more before getting engaged.

And akhil his younger brother who is 22 yr old got engaged too let alone Chaitu ,who is 30 yrs...

Pizookie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
So, Manam is now a family movie.
Pizookie thumbnail
Originally posted by: fivestars

And akhil his younger brother who is 22 yr old got engaged too let alone Chaitu ,who is 30 yrs...

WHATT? Akhil is engaged? what's the hurry? who is the girl?
fivestars thumbnail
Originally posted by: Dhaakad

WHATT? Akhil is engaged? what's the hurry? who is the girl?

By: Express Web Desk | Hyderabad | Published:December 10, 2016 10:36 amakhil wedding, akhil shriya engagement, akhil shirya bhupal, nagarjuna son engagement, nagarjuna, akhil engagement pics, akhil shirya pics, akhil shiya news, tollywood news, entertainment newsAkhil and Shirya with Nargarjuna and Amala. (Source: Twitter/@BARaju)

Nagarjuna's son Akhil Akkineni and his girlfriend Shriya Bhupal got engaged on Friday night in a private ceremony at GVK House in Hyderabad.

The engagement is reported to have been a close affair as only families from southern film fraternity were invited. The event also had Anup and playback singer Ankit Tiwari performing.

Meanwhile, the buzz is that the couple will have a destination wedding, mostly likely in Italy. The reports also suggest that the marriage will be a grand function with nearly 600-odd guests flying to Italy from all around the world.

Akhil was dating Shriya since he met her at an event a couple of years back but the couple revealed their relation to their parents just last 

Akhil was dating Shriya since he met her at an event a couple of years back but the couple revealed their relation to their parents just last year.

Hyderabad-based fashion designer Shriya Bhupal is the granddaughter of business tycoon GVK Reddy and she is also the official costume designer for Filmfare South. Shriya has already worked in Tollywood with Shriya Saran, Kajal Agarwal and Rakul Preet as well as Bollywood beauties such as Shraddha Kapoor and Alia Bhatt.

Edited by fivestars - 7 years ago
Maraka_Musso89 thumbnail
Originally posted by: fivestars

😆 I'm being a hypocrite, it's because it's Samantha otherwise I wouldn't care.
fivestars thumbnail
Originally posted by: Madame_89

😆 I'm being a hypocrite, it's because it's Samantha otherwise I wouldn't care.

Oh so Sam if ur fav ? ðŸ˜† Hope she dont leave the industry and come back like amala Paul...right now sam is a golden goose to the directors...sad if she is leaving the industry at her peak time !

ponymo thumbnail
Adorable pair, esp Sam.