P.O.W. Bandi Yuddh Ke

Anurag Sinha: From Debut In Subhash Ghais Black & White To POW

Posted: 7 years ago
  • Anurag Sinha: From Debut In Subhash Ghai's Black & White' To POW - Bandhi Yuddh Ke', This Talented Actor Has Finally Arrived" style="box-sizing: border-box; word-wrap: break-word; border: 0px; font-family: inherit; font-style: inherit; margin: 0px; outline: 0px; padding: 0px; vertical-align: baseline;">Anurag Sinha: From Debut In Subhash Ghai's Black & White' To POW - Bandhi Yuddh Ke', This Talented Actor Has Finally Arrived
Anurag Sinha

Anurag Sinha: From Debut In Subhash Ghai's Black & White' To POW - Bandhi Yuddh Ke', This Talented Actor Has Finally Arrived

Those of you following POW - Bandhi Yuddh Ke' currently airing on Indian television channel Star Plus, are now aware of a certain actor called Anurag Sinha. While a lot of you are pleased with his entry into the show as his character is taking the story into interesting and diverse zones, not much has been written or shared about Anurag Sinha himself. The 34-year-old actor has proved his acting finesse beyond any doubt in the TV show, however it's not his first encounter with the art of acting.

The year was 2008. Subhash Ghai was back with a new film. This was not a typical Ghai film - nothing masala or mainstream about it. The film was titled Black & White' and launched a new boy Anurag Sinha. A dream debut indeed.

Anurag Sinha played a suicide bomber, Numair Qazi, who arrives in India to India to kill people during India's Independence Day celebrations. He befriends a professor so that he can procure a pass for the celebrations to carry out his mission. Anurag Sinha, a Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) graduate had the best debut one could wish for.*

Anurag SinhaAnurag Sinha

Sadly the film didn't work. Anurag was appreciated for his work. but that was it. I found his performance one of the best debuts ever. His portrayal of the complex character of a jihaadi, made me believe that a new star has arrived.His eyes and voice - both acted, a rare combination to find for a newcomer. At the same time there were fears and concerns over his future in Hindi films as finding the right roles for such actors in always tough and sometimes impossible in our stereotyped version of cinema.

Then there were reports that he will play Sarabjit Singh, the Indian prisoner, killed by prison inmates in Pakistan. We all know who eventually played Sarabjit in Omung Kumar's biopic - Randeep Hooda. And I recently read that he has an unreleased film, directed by Owais Hussain titled Pehla Sitara'.

And all these years I kept wondering where is that talented slim young guy I saw in Black & White. I tried looking for him in other Subash Ghai films that followed in the hope that his mentor will at least try relaunching him.

Cut to 2016, and Anurag Sinha was seen on the big screen in a not-so-famous but decent flick Sanam Teri Kasam. He got noticed but was also forgotten shortly.

Anurag SinhaAnurag Sinha

And then POW Bandhi Yuddh Ke' comes as a breath of fresh air in the midst of so much crap running on Hindi entertainment channels. At one critical juncture of the story, a third character is introduced apart from the two lead protagonists. And this third actor looked familiar - but more than the face, it was the voice that made me scream I know this actor. OMG is it Anurag Sinha.' And yes it was him - as the first 2 episodes featuring him ended I asked such a short role. I wish they don't kill him'. And they did not - he is alive. His character is growing - in fact as the main lead. So we are fortunate to have this actor arrive on our TV sets every night. Let's hope the show and his acting both start a new dawn of Hindi TV shows.

Welcome back Anurag, and apologies for not creating stories and characters that do justice to expressive and deep actors like you.

----------------------------------------------------

FTII Student , No Wonder It shows...

Welcome Back Anurag and Hope you are here to Stay. πŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

its-alexandrite thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
He is so brilliantNo comments❀️ And tfs dear
Manzz thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 3
πŸ˜ƒ Thanks   πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ

πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜³  πŸ˜³ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜³  For The  Informative Article  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ    ! ! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†  πŸ˜³ πŸ˜†  Nice πŸ˜ƒ   πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜†   ! ! πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜³  πŸ˜³  πŸ˜³ πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜‰ πŸ˜† πŸ˜† πŸ˜†

πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜³   πŸ˜ƒ  πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜ƒ
OnMyOwn thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OhMyGosh 
FTII passout . Tabhi he has such command over his Dialogue , Body and Expressions.
Super Talented guy .
And +1 to your's "Hope he is here to stay for more time"
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
TFS! :) 
He's such a good actor! :D 
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Just read ur post 
This post is pure love β€οΈ
I an in love with Anurag Sinha..he is simply brilliant.
My heart really breaks to know that his debut was 8 years back.
Ab actor of his calibre deserves much much more recognition and love...he is outstanding 
Here's hoping that we all can watch him on our screens for many many more years to come...coz such an actor deserves all d appreciation, recognition and ample number of opportunities and nothing less πŸ˜Š
viji2111 thumbnail
Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 7
he is one of the finest actors in the industry right now.
Thanks for the post.
Edited by viji2111 - 7 years ago
bajarbattu thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: RollingStones

Welcome back Anurag, and apologies for not creating stories and characters that do justice to expressive and deep actors like you.

----------------------------------------------------

FTII Student , No Wonder It shows...

Welcome Back Anurag and Hope you are here to Stay. πŸ˜Š

He is indeed here to stay... no looking back for him from now. 
OnMyOwn thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: bajarbattu

He is indeed here to stay... no looking back for him from now. 

Praying for his Long Stay .
And he so deserves this .

Such a fine actor and went missing from the Television screen .

Probably the Best find of the Series and sorry if I hurt anyone  but He has totally taken main stage now such that I am entirely into sid-sadiq story and dont care about anyone else's story .
He has left everyone way behind now ...
anshvi thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
This content was originally posted by: OnMyOwn

Praying for his Long Stay .
And he so deserves this .

Such a fine actor and went missing from the Television screen .

Probably the Best find of the Series and sorry if I hurt anyone  but He has totally taken main stage now such that I am entirely into sid-sadiq story and dont care about anyone else's story .
He has left everyone way behind now ...

Totally agree with u..he has arrived and how!!!!...He has taken the center stage and right now all I can think about is Siddhant and only him.