Have a break, have a Chit Chat - Page 5

Posted: 7 years ago
Originally posted by _Angie_

That may seem to be so but without it human beings wouldnt be where they are today. Ethics and morals make the journey smoother whereas blame, anger, judgement make it harsher. Peaceful co-existence helped humans to focus on inventions that made them stronger. Development in technology made it possible to reduce dependence on animal experiments.

Big whoop! How does it matter to the animals where humans are today or what kind of group dynamics made humans stronger? As  far they are concerned, humans advanced by stepping on them and continuing to step on them.

Even if we are going to be one hundred percent "humane" in all our dealings with animals moving forward, owing to the technological progress, what of all the past that has transpired up until now? How does the future vindicate the past?

Remember, I am not talking about ethics governing just us humans. I am talking about those overarching ethics, if any, governing all life. And in my "expert" opinion, there appear to be none.We live in a world where anything goes.

OMGGG
He won.

No 18.

Dying.

Happy.

Federer, you beauty.

Also, totally adore Rafa-Roger bond. 
Extremely hurt and disappointed about what trump is Doing, already banned 7 Muslims countries from entering the UK. Saudi Arabia not included ?? Hmmm I wonder why ?? Well apprently 9/11 terrorist were Saudi nationality yet Saudi Arabia is not a target. Shocking tbh

So many innocent Muslims are being targeted by that old, fat, ugly and racist man Donald.

I pray for this world, it has seriously become hell.

I don't remember which year but years back an air india plane from New York to Mumbai via London was nearly approaching London when the plane got bombed and everyone died. It was a couple of Sikhs who bombed the plane to get revenge on india. Up until this day I don't consider Sikh as terrorist nor are Sikhs are target but Muslims are no matter what. There are billions of Muslims out here only 2% are the corrupted one and are not considered as Muslim yet the 98% are suffering

Muslims are terroist ?? More than 1000 planes fly each day and many Muslims fly each day, why is each plane not bombed or brought down ?? Well that's cause many are good. I will never understand trump and I hate him so much, may he rot in hell !!!

If any British citizen are here, please sign this petition, I signed it but need more people. Thanks

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/171928
Trump should throw our Indian escapists first from USA ! Their contributions are in due regarding nation building !
Does anyone here understands the changes to US NSC? Why downgrade the role of Joint Chiefs and director intelligence?

So a former naval officer will be more up to date than the current head of the navy? That explantion for Bannon's appointment was laughable.

I m really trying to understand the reasoning behind this because it doesn't make sense.. even if we assume that Trump is cray cray.. what about his close advisers and trustworthy people? What about Kushner? How can anyone sign off on such a major decision? That the Nsc is better off without heavy involvement of security agencies? It doesn't make sense.
Originally posted by K.Universe.

There was a time when I really liked him (in movies like Darr, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Dil Se)

Later the movies in which he starred,  which I liked, were few and far between. A Swades here, a Billu there (yes, Billu! 😆)

I don't know when it happened or how it happened but I have pure aversion to watching a full movie of his now. I find most of his facial expressions unwatchable unless he makes a deliberate attempt to NOT act, like say in the movie Fan where in one role he "acted" as himself)  I watched Fan because some reviews said one of his characters had shades of what he did in Darr. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me :)

The SRK from the 90's was something else altogether. Such charm is a very dangerous trait in men😆but alas, the ultimate greed to continue and hold on to the top position no matter what crap you continue to churn out means the average viewer must suffer.

I legit spent most of Raees thinking about how much time the tech guys must have spent on airbrushing his face for each scene and also whether Mahira has heard of Vaseline (sorry, but the chapped lips really bugged me)
Originally posted by charminggenie

OMGGG
He won.

No 18.

Dying.

Happy.

Federer, you beauty.

Also, totally adore Rafa-Roger bond. 

The look of complete childlike joy on his face when he finds out he's won is the cutest thing EVER! Love love love the mutual admiration between FedEx and Nadal😆it's so adorable!!! What a perfect end to such an unlikely final. 

Hope you're enjoying your travels in India, CG! Got back a few weeks ago and missing wedding season a LOT! Ain't no wedding like an Indian wedding!

One thing that I notice on every trip - dadar ho ya dharavi, posters (and rallies) of politicians are everywhere. So very annoying. The average person honestly doesn't care.

Originally posted by xsumi

So many innocent Muslims are being targeted by that old, fat, ugly and racist man Donald.
No one owes anything to anyone in this world, not to Muslims, not to Christians, not to Hindus. If Muslims from those 7 countries are seen as a threat, a country has every right to disbar them from entering. The onus is not on the host country to identify innocent Muslims and selectively allowing them entry, rather the onus is on:
Either the innocent Muslims to disassociate themselves from their not so innocent brethren.
Or, the not so innocent Muslims to understand that their activities will affect the lives of their innocent brethren as well and therefore stop the nonsense they are currently indulging in.

If I become a member of a club that is known to produce members who are thugs and murderers, I can't blame others for being suspicious of me. It is upto me to distance myself from such a club.
Originally posted by souro

No one owes anything to anyone in this world, not to Muslims, not to Christians, not to Hindus. If Muslims from those 7 countries are seen as a threat, a country has every right to disbar them from entering. The onus is not on the host country to identify innocent Muslims and selectively allowing them entry, rather the onus is on:
Either the innocent Muslims to disassociate themselves from their not so innocent brethren.
Or, the not so innocent Muslims to understand that their activities will affect the lives of their innocent brethren as well and therefore stop the nonsense they are currently indulging in.

If I become a member of a club that is known to produce members who are thugs and murderers, I can't blame others for being suspicious of me. It is upto me to distance myself from such a club.

No one owes anything to anyone. A country however, is obliged to respect its constitutions and uphold the principles it was built on. 

The United States has one of the most complex and exhaustive immigration processes in the world. Visas and green cards are not handed willy nilly and have deep background checks and security measures. The same is true with refugees. There is a 20 step vetting process. 

Many people who were detained were legal immigrants. Some who had lived as law abiding residents for years in the United States. Some who had green cards and were on their way to be naturalized. Others were legal immigrants who were traveling for the very reason for disassociating themselves from the violence back home and going to a better life. 

Also, there is also no conclusive data that these states are more dangerous. 

Trump's executive order is arbitrary, ill founded and racist. A Federal Judge also ruled it unconstitutional. 
Originally posted by return_to_hades

No one owes anything to anyone. A country however, is obliged to respect its constitutions and uphold the principles it was built on.

Constitutions and laws change with times. No one is obliged to uphold principles penned down more than couple of centuries ago. 

The United States has one of the most complex and exhaustive immigration processes in the world. Visas and green cards are not handed willy nilly and have deep background checks and security measures. The same is true with refugees. There is a 20 step vetting process. 

If the host country decides not to go to all that trouble of background checks and instead put a blanket ban, they can.

Many people who were detained were legal immigrants. Some who had lived as law abiding residents for years in the United States. Some who had green cards and were on their way to be naturalized. Others were legal immigrants who were traveling for the very reason for disassociating themselves from the violence back home and going to a better life. 

Disassociation is not done through flooding another country, straining their resources and maybe even carrying your not so innocent motives along with you to the new country. Disassociation is done by putting your own house in order.

Also, there is also no conclusive data that these states are more dangerous. 

There is also conclusive data that almost all terrorists are from Islamic countries, that much data suffices.

Trump's executive order is arbitrary, ill founded and racist. A Federal Judge also ruled it unconstitutional. 

That's for the judiciary and the American people to decide.

One thing everyone can see, the Liberals are a bunch of disrespectful hooligans, lacks common sense, whiny selfish idiots, who can't tolerate a different opinion, has absolutely zero idea of what common people are having to endure and completely cut off from reality. Not just in US but everywhere it seems.