Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
^^ Yeah, yeah, but you evaded a direct answer to both questions Angie :)

1. Do humans, as a race, deserve punishment for what they did/do to animals?
2. Is the ability to survive, like bacteria or roaches (you also used the word "performs"!), more powerful than having intelligence? BTW, powerful or desirable? What is more applicable?
Edited by K.Universe. - 7 years ago
milton_friedman thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
mitron will ai be the end of the human race ?
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
OMG!! Federer!! 😭❤️🤗

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: charminggenie

OMG!! Federer!!😭❤️🤗

Finally!! What a LEGEND!! <3 this has the makings of a great final vs rafa

So I 'liked' a SRK film after years - by like I mean didn't find absolutely awful. He's gotta stop with crap like HNY, Dilwale, JTHJ type awful movies. Is it weird that I didn't actually feel bad for his character? Don't know if his character was poorly written or the acting was mediocre. (I didn't know till 5mins ago that it was loosely based on Abdul Latif)

Also, enter customary tube strike rant here.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: K.Universe.

^^ Yeah, yeah, but you evaded a direct answer to both questions Angie :)

1. Do humans, as a race, deserve punishment for what they did/do to animals?
2. Is the ability to survive, like bacteria or roaches (you also used the word "performs"!), more powerful than having intelligence? BTW, powerful or desirable? What is more applicable?

1.     As a race- No

As individuals inflicting pain on animals for entertainment -Yes

2.     No . Neither.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0__-_JtwyE[YOUTUBE/]

BTW, its the bull here that seems to be having a good time tossing and injuring the people!

K.Universe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Angie_

As a race- No

As individuals inflicting pain on animals for entertainment -Yes

I don't think it is that easy to absolve individuals. We all have directly or indirectly contributed to the cruelty heaped on animals. Take animal testing alone when developing medical treatments or determining the toxicity of medications for human use etc. History has it that research on living animals has been practiced ever since 500 BC. So, even if one doesn't eat meat, everything else should count too (ever been to a circus?!)

Point is, if it is OK for a superior intelligence to trample on lesser intelligence, it should be OK  for a more advanced alien race to trample on us humans too and we shouldn't curse / blame God then.

But, in order for us (read, our intelligence) to survive/thrive, more often than not, we *had to* do what we did. namely, eat meat or do animal testing because there were / are no adequate alternatives.

If that's the only way intelligence could have survived, then ethics / morals are bogus and don't mean anything in the big picture.

Edited by K.Universe. - 7 years ago
K.Universe. thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

So I 'liked' a SRK film after years - by like I mean didn't find absolutely awful.

There was a time when I really liked him (in movies like Darr, Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naa, Dil Se)

Later the movies in which he starred,  which I liked, were few and far between. A Swades here, a Billu there (yes, Billu! 😆)

I don't know when it happened or how it happened but I have pure aversion to watching a full movie of his now. I find most of his facial expressions unwatchable unless he makes a deliberate attempt to NOT act, like say in the movie Fan where in one role he "acted" as himself)  I watched Fan because some reviews said one of his characters had shades of what he did in Darr. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me :)
charminggenie thumbnail
OMFG Federer vs Nadal be real. Fadal. My heart. I am going to sob so much.
I will be happy if Nadal wins but Federer win will just be everything.

I am so disappointed in SRK , he for me was the better actor of all the Khans but his last few movies have been so disappointing. I am just so weirded out watching him go for filmy romance even now. Might check Raees though for his movie. 

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^^
I thought you enjoyed the meta weirdness that is fan

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naan remains his best role to date
charminggenie thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

^^

I thought you enjoyed the meta weirdness that is fan

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naan remains his best role to date

I did. But thats more coz I love the concept of meta-fan . I was in that zone where I was annoyed at stan fans and it spoke to them.I do think he hammed a bit while playing the fan while the superstar part was better 😆

Kabhi Haan Kabhi Naan is the best rom-com ever for me.