Annika's foundation shakes... 19.1.17

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 7 years ago

BIG shoutout to Surbhi Chandna for the aces in the last 2 episodes !!  ... Her poignant agony is so touching and tearjerking, you can't help but feel for her. 

These two are so subtly in love, you feel like shaking them. 

She was so terrified seeing him lie there like that, looking lifeless, she freaked out. The icon of strength and invincibility in her life, Shivaay Singh Oberoi, was unconscious and looked dead, to her. She toiled, scraped and scratched herself getting him to safety, ran out for his meds, got help from Rudra, and did the best she could. When nothing looked up, she begged him to come back.

You promised..

You promised you wouldn't leave me.

I love you ! 

You can't leave me like this! 

You said you wouldn't die and leave me like everyone else!! 

Wake up! Please Shivaay! 

I will die without you...

And when he woke up , she gazed at him in wonder, at how suddenly he was all back and alright. And there she had thought she had seen the end of the world. She had gone to the depths of fear and insecurity, and was startled at her own revelations.

I was going to die, if he had gone. 

Now he's back, what do I do?

How do I go back to how I was before? 

I can't un-Love him.

She sat staring at him, taking her eyes fill of the sight of him hale and healthy. Driving as usual, joking, teasing. And she just couldn't go back to normal. What is wrong with me?

Raita phail gaya...

The moment she is alone she recalls her own revelations, word for word, cringing and what she had done. She had gone and fallen in love with Shivaay Singh Oberoi. Something she had never intended or wanted to do.

Like when you are best friends with someone, and you went and fell in love with him. And he's being his usual chummy and warm, and you feel pain, because you know for him, its pure friendship; while you feel love. Every little thing he does makes a huge difference to you, affects you, while he remains friendly and romantically impersonal. Pure torture, really.

He wants to hug you or touch your hair or your cheek, or tease you, just like that, and you feel its too much. You try to put a distance, and he does not understand why, and even feels hurt that you are pulling away.

"Why pull away?" Sahil innocently tells her. "Just go and tell him, I love you so so so much..! Just try and see!"  What is there to lose?

It's simple , that advice, but extremely hard to the recipient.

My heart broke when she deemed herself unworthy of Love, at all. If she loves, she must prepare for them to leave her. Love is a weakness, a pain she is afraid of. Sahil sees it as an easy natural thing, but for her it's a life changing event. To put her heart in someone else's hand, to trust them to take care of it.

She needs a strong loyal person to love, sorry, but Shivaay is not that person right now. He's too caught up in his family intrigues. She's there and around, and he's grown attached. When push comes to shove, and he has to choose, he will choose his family.

As must Annika too.

In so many ways Shivaay and Anika are the same.

The basic fact remains that the thing that is more important to them, even more than themselves is their family. This is true for the both of them. And the unfortunate reality of today is that they haven't become family to each other. They are now friends, share a bond of attachment. But they are not each other's need. Not even for Anika who has started realizing her growing fondness for Shivaay. 

So when it comes to their families, they will destroy anything and anyone, even each other if necessary. 

But the thing that I feel extremely content about is that fact that Tia isn't anything to Shivaay. She was even after the wedding. But she isn't anymore. Slowly but surely Anika has become more important to him than Tia. And it will continue. 

The other important aspect of it all, Pinky. As much as she claims to be fighting this battle for Tia and her grand child, I truly feel like Pinky is fighting this battle for herself too. Anika is becoming more important to Shivaay, to a point where he listens to her, defends her etc more than he does to Pinky these days. And she has always been a bit insecure that way. I think she wants Anika out of Shivaay's life to become important in his life again. She feels like she isn't anymore. 
Lovely post Anisa :) And I so agree! Surbhi was amazing! <333 I guess this has been the most mature realisation of love by a character in a 4Lions show, in terms of how the character accepted being in love and talked about it. Annika's turmoil of how she is complete opposite of what Shivaay wishes to find in a life partner was so understandable and moving.

Wonder what lies ahead in the story for Shivika with the spin off happening.

No matter what Surbhi slays Annika day by day more  and more...
Loved loved loved your post!
In a hurry now, so will add more later. Love you for making these beautiful posts!

My two pence on yesterday's epi-

Every girl who has been in love can identify with Annika's feelings to some extent - the idea of giving yourself up to that extent where you are no longer the one in control of your own self, to trust someone so much, to fall vulnerable in front of someone - it indeed is scary at first. Almost everyone who has been in love has given it a second thought in his or her life - should I go on with this or not? Is he/she the right one for me? What if all of this is a big mistake? But for Annika all this is very much accentuated by her own tragic past and her knowledge of Shivaay - he is not your ordinary guy. He comes with baggage, his beliefs, his enemies - it's much much more than Annika can handle.

She already has answers to all her questions - He is not the one for her, period.

My heart went out to her as she sat there crying. It was really painful to watch. SC always nails her scenes, but she has been on fire particularly for the last few episodes.

I'm waiting to see how Annika deals with her raita now. But more importantly I'm waiting to see Shivaay's story - that man needs to grow a lot before he can be worthy for a girl like her. He has feelings for her, which means he's ready to embark on this journey - from the present SSO Mr. Bagaad billa to being the man who would love and stand by her no matter what, consider her a part of his family and protect her, the man whom Anika can love without any fear, whom she can call her strength and not her weakness.

Edited by _SilverLining_ - 7 years ago
This was so touching! You said everything I felt.
I identify with Anika so much & I feel most of us do. It's just that Shivaay is not the normal fun easy going guy most girls fall for. He is difficult & so is his life.
The think that makes me sad about their story is that he will choose her over himself but he won't choose her over his family. I won't say the same for Anika. I guess when the promo scenes occurs on the screen we will know who Anika would choose.
And I would like to know Shivaay perspective too. What goes on in that twisted & sometimes really dumb mind of his.
SC is a great actress. She can pull of anything well. Be it emotional scenes or comedy which we saw more of today.
I just hope that something good comes along now though!

I love SC and NM's emotional scenes. Both have a way of making you connect and feel for them. 

I couldn't agree more with you. I really like the fact it's not just about him, but her fear of abandonment, attachments, and love. Most of us  assumed that she wanted a family, but it turns out she was just vicariously living through Shivaay. Her reality is that she doesn't want to get attached to anyone because it would make her weak and she can't afford to be weak. It really makes me wonder about her past. She lost her family then I'm guessing she had a normal life until Sahil's parents passed then she had a hard time with dealing with loss, again. That's probably when evil Bua moved in and it would also explain why she is so protective of him. Sahil is the only person that matters to her, belongs to her, and cares for her. In his defense, he is struggling too and for much longer than her. He just has a better grasp of his feelings than she does, but when asked to make a choice she would choose her family too.  

I knew something was coming but didn't expect they would target Om and Sahil at the same time. It's actually a smart move by distracting them both. I'm actually surprised it took Tia this long to think about using Sahil. I guess Tia's drinking got in the way ðŸ˜†
Super post...
Sc acting has been amazingly good now a days...

Both nakul and surbhi make an amazing pair...