Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

fanfare.1 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
This content was originally posted by: Pravas007

Yes you are right that jennifer is in the Industry for long time and practice makes everyone Perfect... But if you are a really good actor you can prove that with in small period of time also... Abhisekh bachhan is in the Industry for almost 20 years now but his acting skill is still not improving..he is just one example of so many other actors which have been there in the Industry for long time but their acting remains the same where as there are actors which proved themsleves in a very quick time

Yes acting needs  some talent too not just practice. Moreover it is not his 1st show. He has worked in another show for 2yrs and his acting was pretty bad there too. In the initial episodes of beyhad i thought he improved from his previous show. But as time progressed it is back to square one. His disinterest in some scenes are clearly visible. Even after 'LEARNING' acting from new york academy this is the maximum he could do so I'm not expecting any improvement. Even newbie actors like namik paul or karan vohra (mehek) actor are 1000 times better than experienced kushal. The only thing beyhad viewers can do is overlook his acting flaws and get used to it. 
muktha_cute thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
why would any popular actors would do this show in first place
its completely a female centric role
the character arjun is not very prominent or important character in the first place bcz its all abt Maya,n her obsession
no popular n experienced actor would ever agree to play a second fiddle to a female costar
so makers had just brought someone who is not much experienced and not too popular bcz no one of those actors like KW,HC etc would play this role
dhrishti_ thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ishakumar

I agree that emotional scenes are certainly not his best skill... but at the same time maybe Arjun is not supposed to be a serious and intellectual character. I hope in the upcoming episodes we can see more of him because as I have said earlier the audience knows what Maya wants and what saanjh wants, even what vandana wants because we see scenes in which we notice their true feelings. But we haven't had any of those scenes with Arjun, where he is expressing himself thoroughly... I want to see Arjun's POV as well...
in the last 2-3 episodes I was glad that we finally saw some chemistry building up between Maya and Arjun because before I had felt there was no spark... but thankfully I'm seeing that spark from the last couple of episodes maybe also because now it's supposed to be two sided and not one sided like it was before
Other than that I also want Kushal to step up his acting skills because he is portraying a lead against two very strong female actors. He is almost overshadowed by their brilliance
I would've loved if Arjun Sharma was played by Karan Wahi ;) he would've been one of the best options I believe :D but I'm not saying Kushal is bad lol in fact I'm liking Maya and Arjun's chemistry from the last couple of episodes... I'm just saying he should improve himself

You're absolutely correct, we still haven't seen much of Arjun's personality so far. And the ArYa scenes now are amazing, it's not only about Maya anymore and that makes me so happy. I can't imagine Arjun being played by someone else at this point, maybe for me it's been to long seeing Kushal as Arjun, but Karan Wahi seems like a considerable option.
dhrishti_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Pravas007

Yes you are right that jennifer is in the Industry for long time and practice makes everyone Perfect... But if you are a really good actor you can prove that with in small period of time also... Abhisekh bachhan is in the Industry for almost 20 years now but his acting skill is still not improving..he is just one example of so many other actors which have been there in the Industry for long time but their acting remains the same where as there are actors which proved themsleves in a very quick time

You're right, some actors don't require time, while for some even years won't be enough. I really hope Kushal manages to catch up with the two leading ladies soon in Beyhadh.
dhrishti_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: riyya6

I watch beyadh mainly coz of the actress playing maya and the story is different and refreshing ...

I dun have any problem with the actor playing arjun ... but he's eyes can't emote ... he's just there according to the script that's it ...

Mayb there could be many other actors that can play this character and nail it but Makers thinks vice verse ... 😊

Yep, Jennifer seems like the reason at least 30-40% of the audience is watching Beyhadh now. The storyline is quite different from the rest of the Indian shows too. I'm sure the makers had something good in mind when they asked Kushal to be Arjun.
dhrishti_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ajay227

Its been said nd done...Khushal failed big tym...Backbone for Beyhadh is Jeeny nd is strongly supported by Aneri nd rest of d cast...even Sumit Bharadhwaj(Ayaan) is dng great!!!

All we can do is hope for Kushal to keep improving, what would the show do without Jenny! I think all the characters were picked with something very specific in mind, they're definitely doing well.
dhrishti_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: xsumi

i liked his emotional scene, it showed that he put effort in it

im sure he will improve 

I wasn't too happy with that scene, although it was definitely better that what he was before. You could make out he is putting more effort than he initially did, that is something we can rely on. Can't wait for him to get better as the story continues developing.
dhrishti_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: iMini

I believe that Kushal Tandon is actually a very good choice for playing Arjun. The kind of man Arjun is supposed to be - he actually was not supposed to show any kind of interest in that terrace scene even if he was having genuine interest. Many north Indian boys are brought up that way - to not show too many emotions of empathy when in distress (especially to females) unless in front of your mother. Aggression is an ideal way of relieving any negative feeling according to some cultures for men. We can see that in the scene where Arjun physically assaulted Ashwin, implying that he took deep interest in what Maya was telling him on the terrace and was baffled by Ashwin's acts.

I never saw it from this perspective, you're right, boys do have a hard time sharing their emotions. That's probably why the scenes turned out the way they did. Yep, the way he beat up Ashwin was almost as if he had felt Maya's pain.
dhrishti_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: luxmi_1029

Jennifer and Aneri are honestly the only good things about Beyhadh now. Everyone else is just riding off on the media frenzy of the show.  It feels as if the show is overrated at times.  The urban setting is new and nice, but it seems more like a reflection of some American shows (this just shows how colonized our minds continue to be 🤢).  It wasn't until recently I realized that this show and its actors receive much more media attention than deserving.  Every little thing is covered and made to sound like a big deal.  For example the recent post by Aneri.  The individual who made an honest remark about the character and her natural emotional progression was being interpreted as backlash ðŸ˜• I've read and seen actual unnecessary backlash and hate directed towards Aneri, but what india-forums reported on was a simple comment that in no way should be interpreted in a malice manner.  The entire coverage reception around Beyhadh is very confusing.  Yes, it is a new kind of show within the Indian TV industry, but not the best, and I am not in any way basing this off of trps (I hate trps).  

Kushal, on the other hand... I don't understand how he stands out as an actor.  He is a good choice to play Arjun, but when comparing him to other actors on TV now, he doesn't stand out, it is the entire product that does, that too because of the exceptional marketing done by the PH/Channel.

I sincerely apologize to anyone I may have unintentionally hurt by posting this comment, but I felt it necessary to do so.  ðŸ¥º

These two leading ladies are definitely the backbone of the show, without them, it is almost impossible to imagine Beyhadh. I do not exactly think the show is overrated, it's different from what is usually showcased in Indian television and gets attention and media coverage according to it. Now, if we were looking at the bigger picture and considered International TV too, Beyhadh would probably merge in with the rest, but from the point of Indian television exclusively, the Beyhadh concepts are quite different from the usual kitchen politics.
Agree, he is the right Arjun, just not the best actor so far. The marketing of the show has been phenomenal though, no doubt.