Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Sanjay Gupta feels Ranbir is not apt to play Sanjay Dutt

sarun_4_eva thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
Filmmaker Sanjay Gupta and Sanjay Dutt are known to be close friends for the longest time in the industry. The two have collaborated on films that include 'Shootout at Lokhandwala', 'Dus Kahaniyaan', 'Kaante', 'Aatish', 'Jung', 'Khauff', 'Zinda', and 'Plan'. Sanjay Gupta and Sanjay Dutt go back a long way, and hence it is assumed that Sanjay Gupta and Baba's friendship will be a part of the biopic. However, it seems unlikely confirms Sanjay Gupta who is all set for the release of Hrithik Roshan starrer 'Kaabil'. Talking to Mid-Day, Sanjay said, "There will be no character of mine in the film. I want to be the hero and not hero's friend."
Even though Sanjay Gupta has ruled out a possibility of his character, he is also not too keen on the idea of the biopic. Sanjay opined, "I don't think the biopic should be made. He is very much around and will be coming back as a hero to films. So, what is the need? He has had an interesting life and everyone knows about it."
Sanjay also feels that Ranbir Kapoor is not the right person to play the part. " Ranbir will look the part at a certain level. Young Sanju had so much innocence on his face, which is there on Ranbir's face. And Ranbir is one of the best actors we have today who can pull off anything ," said he. Sanjay Gupta is known for speaking his mind and mentioned that he would love to work with Baba again. He said, "Once a script comes, we will work. I am dying to work with him again, we have had a fabulous association."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Too_Much thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
i know its hard for Ranbir, but i wish he puts effort and gain weight ( like aamir) and first shoot current Sanju part.. and go back to lean..
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I would love to see faces of everyone after Dutt is released !!
These nay Sayers give me such a good kick 😆 . I guess I will get loads of chances to use my favorite GIF from ADHM 😛Edited by Ranbirrocks - 7 years ago
Sherlock. thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Ranbir ki itni beizzati 😆 If it releases with TZH then Ranbir ki vatt lag jayegi 😆
Ur-Miserable thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

I would love to see faces of everyone after Dutt is released !!
These nay Sayers give me such a good kick 😆 . I guess I will get loads of chances to use my favorite GIF from ADHM 😛

did you read the article posted in the OP??? I did not saw where Sanjay Gupta said, Ranbir is not a good choice??? His quote on Ranbir playing Sanju: " Ranbir will look the part at a certain level. Young Sanju had so much innocence on his face, which is there on Ranbir's face. And Ranbir is one of the best actors we have today who can pull off anything ,".
He is actually supporting Ranbir. Jurnos tho hai hi C, aap log toh article parhlo.Edited by Love_Katty_24-7 - 7 years ago
TheDarkRock thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Title of the article and the article content doesn't match ðŸ˜†
Ranbirrocks thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Shanky - Dutt isn't clashing with TZH. Sallu Bhai is safe 😉

Aakash - I read the article , SG isn't in SD's good books. He has been trying to woo RK for a movie( god forbid) . He is also saying biopic shouldn't be made . There is something in his praise for RK which doesn't sound like a compliment to me.
Chudailpaapi thumbnail
I am now curious. SD's story is too well known. So what is in that script that is making people anxious?

This kind of talks usually occur when script is so good that it makes insiders superstitious. I am getting a feeling if movie is done right it will push principle actor to bigger stardom. Already trade is fascinated with it.

RK will give his all, I am sure about it.
ZestyZeniaZetas thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Ranbirrocks

Shanky - Dutt isn't clashing with TZH. Sallu Bhai is safe 😉

Aakash - I read the article , SG isn't in SD's good books. He has been trying to woo RK for a movie( god forbid) . He is also saying biopic shouldn't be made . There is something in his praise for RK which doesn't sound like a compliment to me.

SG stopped being Sanjay's friend when Manyata came in the picture..she said in one of the interviews that he should stay away from loser friends who keep borrowing money from him..iss liye jab tak manyata is there,forget SG ever coming close to sanju baba😆
.KISS-my-ASS. thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: shanky1

Ranbir ki itni beizzati 😆 If it releases with TZH then Ranbir ki vatt lag jayegi 😆

tiger k saath koi bhi film ayegi toh us film beizzati pakki hai...hence paddu's date was changed