Gangaa

Shakti Anand offered to play father-in-law; ends up bagging the lead r

arnavarnav thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

Shakti Anand offered to play father-in-law; ends up bagging the lead role in 'Gangaa'

Neha Maheshwri| TNN | Jan 5, 2017, 01.00 AM IST
Shakti AnandShakti Anand
Life has come a full circle forShakti Anand. The actor, who has been finalised as the new hero opposite protagonist Aditi Sharma in Gangaa, was incidentally approached to play her father-in-law during the inception of the show. The character was eventually played by Hiten Tejwani. Shakti laughs, "Yes, I was offered to playGangaa's father-in-law, but the deal couldn't materialise. Now, I am entering the show as her new hero, Shiv."

This is not the first such coincidence in Shakti's life. Earlier, he was also offered the role of Shiv (played by Sidharth Shukla) in the same production house's 'Balika Vadhu', but he entered the show as Jagdish " originally played by Shashank Vyas" post the leap.

About romancing a much younger girl on screen, he says, "There are certain restrictions when you are romancing a younger girl. I can't be immature or frivolous about it. At the same time, I shouldn't come across as a father figure either."

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Bridget24 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I expect Aditi is going to be grown up Krishna!!!😕
tryrose thumbnail
who cares who is the lead after Vishal leaves!!!