Beyhadh

TOI:Kushal Tandon:Id rather be an A-lister on TV than do erotic films

Sutapasima thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago
Neha Maheshwri| TNN | Jan 3, 2017,
Kushal TandonKushal Tandon
Kushal Tandon has been in the news as much for his relationships as his work. The actor, who made headlines for his acrimonious break-up with 'Bigg Boss' co-contestant Gauahar Khan, has decided to solely focus on work for the time being. And, it's not because he has become cynical about matters of the heart. "I will wait for the right person, and don't want to get married at least for another three years. Bachelorhood is as nice as being in love. However, my definition of love hasn't changed " it has to be unconditional," he says.

For now, Kushal is enjoying the positive feedback for his show, 'Beyhadh'. "I would rather be an A-lister on TV than take up erotic films. I don't want to do films just for the heck of entering Bollywood," he states.

While he is happily single in real life, the actor is enjoying being wooed by two women " Jennifer Winget and Aneri Vajani " on the screen. "It's fantastic, even if it's just for those 12 hours of shoot," he says, adding, "We complement each other. Nobody is dating anybody (laughs!)."

Recently, much was written about his proximity to Ankita Lokhande. So, what's with him being the knight in shining armour for heart-broken ladies? Kushal says, "I am not in touch with Ankita; I have been too busy with my work. But I guess they (exes Ankita and Sushant Singh Rajput) are in happy zones. As far as Jennifer (she divorced Karan Singh Grover, who then married Bipasha Basu) is concerned, she has moved on in life. She is always smiling."

His only regret, he says, was being a part of 'Bigg Boss 7', where he met and fell in love with Gauahar. "I realised that I was childish and straightforward, I always stood for the right. That house is for calculative people. The show puts you too much out in the open " people start judging you and I don't like it."

Though he had an unpleasant break-up with Gauahar, the two now seem to have mended bridges. "I agree that our relationship ended abruptly, but I am cordial with her just like I am with all my exes," he signs off.

Edited by Sutapasima - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MrDarcyfan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
All his ex's ha? And there have been many! I ike Kushal despite his drawbacks, maybe coz I dont watch Big Boss, or the Big Brother shows in the west (which I hate). Trash TV is all it is.

As for doing erotic films to enter BW, I think I agree with him. While Erotic thriller is a valid genre, I think actors sometimes get typecast after that. So maybe he is right to avoid it.

Loving Beyhadh. This is one Indian TV show that thrills me!
Kushalian4ever thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
This iv of kushal is really nice..Kushal has really become a mature person now...Glad he realised that he shouldn't have gone in bb cause kushal is too honest and straightforward for that show ..And yeah as he said kushal and jennifer really compliment each other
sellysona thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
He is right. He was too straightforward for biggboss. But i liked him in bb.. Well i became his fan since bb and that was the only season of bb i had watched..
You are rocking in beyhadh kushal.. I am happy you dont plan on doing erotic movies.. I have been fan of some actors who had followed this way to bollywood, and its a pity for a fan to see thm not succesfull..
Plz keep on rocking on Tv..
Loving kushal and jennifer.. Thy surely do compliment each other...