Love, Friendship, Dating & Relationships

<-- From Park Bench Lovers To Jeevansaathis -->

Mannmohanaa thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 7 years ago

R e l a t i o n s h i p s constitute the inner circle of our Mammoth lives as they solely have the capability of making or breaking a person. Relationships aren't simply a part of our life but they are life itself. Every walk of our journey is filled with them. Whether it's a relation pertaining to a Parent/Child, Sibling Love/Rivalry, Friendship/Animosity or just a far sought Relative; the one bond which is conventional, yet s p i c y, is that of Lovers. When the limitless sky meets the deep sea, the horizon of life is splattered with some interesting hues. 

Nowadays, it's not too difficult to fall for someone. Everybody goes through this hormonal imbalance of becoming attracted to someone, at least once in their lives. And thus starts the coveted Relationship: of a Boyfriend and a Girlfriend. Initially, the budding romance is considered to be the most charming and seducing of all emotions. Meeting at parks, cuddling in movie halls and galloping in college corridors hand in hand - it's always cozy and fun. But slowly and steadily, one comes face to face with the horrors of fall outsand break ups. But some of our young soldiers are able to brave this phase and emerge victorious, to only end up at the altar.

The pre-existing love blooms into a Legal Commitment. Boyfriends and Girlfriends transit to Husband and Wife. Enter, the D r a g o n!

When boyfriends and girlfriends turn into legally bound souls, they're expected to complete each other. The bond that they share, is expected to last a lifetime, and even more! But do all relationships get a fairy tale ending? And what is, 'After The Happily Ever After'?

When Love becomes a r o u t i n e, it starts to fade away. The mushy coven over the years of differences and fall outs become a living hell

O, ten times faster Venus' pigeons fly
To seal love's bonds new-made than they are wont
To keep oblige faith unfortified.

[Merchant Of Venice, Act 2 Scene 6]

And life drags itself into a colossal bore.
The 'Saat Janam Ka Pyaar' fulfils its existence quota in seven years when reality opens the blindfold of 'Andhaa Pyaar'Zaroori becomes a Majboori as Jeevan Saathis are 
l i f e p a r t n e r s, whether you like it or not.

Complaints apart, a journey as long as life cannot be traversed without the support of  your soulmate. After all, there's no point in existence without sips of coffee and a daily dose of heartwarming adventure

||18shabbo||
||asmaanixx| |..Ramya..|| 
||
verisimilitude| |.Lonewalker.|
 | Artist_Forever| | thegameison||
Edited by Artist_Forever - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Revelio thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

"You don't let me do anything!"

And there they go again. I really don't understand my parents. They are the complete opposite to everything couples are shown to be and that really baffles me. But you can't really blame me since I'm just twelve, but it gets really confusing to be honest. Let me elaborate.

Sometimes, I find myself watching saas-bahu shows with my mom (and yes it as torturous as it sounds), and here's what I don't understand. Couples in those shows are always all over each other. The only thing they do when they see each other is sing each other's praises. But my parents? They're the exact opposite!

"I have the final say! Not you!" I hear Mom yell.

That's it. I've had enough. I don't even know how these two fell in love considering all they do is fight all day long.

Cautiously walking up to them, I call out meekly, "Mom, dad?"

"What?!" They snap at me in unison.

I gulp down, nervously. "I need to ask the two of you an important question."

"Can't you hold this for later? We're in the middle of an argument here." Says Dad, vexed.

"But you're always in the middle of an argument!"

Mom and dad look at me, surprised. They turn and glance at each other sheepishly and turn back to me. "May I?" I ask. They nod.

"Okay umm...do you both actually love each other?"

Their faces contorted. I want to laugh but I know I shouldn't. I clear my throat.

"Oh yeah yeah, of course. I adore your mom." Dad says. I catch a tinge of sarcasm there.

"And so do I! I wouldn't be married to him if I didn't, now would I?" Says Mom.

"But you both don't behave like it. You're always at each other's throats."

"What? No! That isn't true. You should've seen us when we were younger!" Dad tries defending.

"Your dad used to be a flat out romantic. You see this ring? Your dad proposed to me with this on a Valentine's Day." Mom says holding up her hand for me to see.

"But...didn't dad give you a a blender on the previous one?" I ask, genuinely curious of this implausible transition from a diamond solitaire to a blender.

Mom is about to say something but dad cuts her in, "That was only because your mom was complaining that the blender stopped working! Let go of that, you know what? I actually used to sneak into your mom's house to meet her, every now and then! And the best thing is we were never caught! See, that is true love, my son. True love."

"Yeah, only difference now is that you just try sneaking into your own house after you're done partying late." Says mom, with a lop sided smile. Dad looks mortified. Turning back to me she says, "I was always the one giving my best. You know, there was a time he used to love the butter chicken I used to make!"

"And I had no idea that was the only thing she could make until after marriage." Says Dad, with a smug look on his face.

Mom gasps. "Oh really? And what about you? Your mom used to go on and on and on about what an amazing man you are and curse my fate, I fell for it too. Whereas in reality, all you do is laze around all day!" She snapped.

"Maybe that's because you don't let me have any fun! We had a pact before marriage, that you would still let me do all the bachelor type stuff after marriage. But that never happened!"

"And we also had a pact that we would go out every weekend, after marriage. That never happened either! Oh wait! You must've meant once in a blue moon. My bad!" Says Mom, her voice dripping with derision.

"But-"

"Okay stop!" I yell out. Both of them freeze for a second and then they turn to me. They had completely forgotten my existence in the room. "We were just joking around. You know how we are." Mom says, ruffling Dad's hair with a pseudo smile on her face.

"Yeah, exactly! Don't know what we would do without each other." Says Dad, wincing.

I roll my eyes. "You know what? You guys are impossible. You guys carry on with your bickering. I'll be off."

With that, I stomp away. So this is basically the story of my life. Watching my parents crib all day about each other, about how fabulous their lives used to be before wedding and the horror that it is now. For the most part, it's just funny but sometimes, it makes me a little sad. But then again, all my friends tell me that's the exact same thing their parents do, so that makes me a feel a lot better.

Oh well, I guess I'll just go with the age old belief - where there's love, there's war. At least, for my sanity.

Edited by ..Ramya.. - 7 years ago
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

So, we've given you the crazy, concrete data on what we can confidently say is the conflict that's any romantic relationship. We'll let the alphabet C rest for a bit now.  And also inform you that while a lot of us are jubilant in their holy matrimonies or are on their way to it, some of us know judaai and sitam all too well to not take this opportunity to tell you that . . .

All of this is one-hundred-and-twenty-six percent a waste of human productivity, potential and results only in paaps whose praaishchit the wrongdoer never does. Alas, alas - We have got to leave C, R, J, and P alone.

There are inherent differences between pre and post marriage situations of a couple, as mentioned above. There is struggle, there is fiction, there is reality and there is a lot of work that goes into the relationship. Sure, SURE. But we shall talk about the basic flaw of it all which no one but wounded, single people can figure. (There goes F.)

Where is the love, bro?

The following are our philosophical and semi-personal observations on the subject:

Love is hard to find, almost as hard as finding sense in Rakhi Sawant. And you know why that is? Because people cling on to each other for a variety of reasons - the fear of isolation, abandonment, social pressure, reputation - the works! But we repeat, bro, where is thou louu?

Love is even harder to sustain, akin to the sense in a Hindi drama that starts off well. And that is for the same reason as above; there is an inherent lack or an eventual loss of louu.

Love is unconditional, relationships are not. While we do not suggest that we all go Ae-Dil-Hai-Mushkil on the arse of the world, we suggest that we give love a chance to thrive for the sake of love - not for matrimony or commitment, but because of the euphoria, the angel dust, the psychoactive, life-giving and not life-taking drug that love is.

Basically, in every one of the above pointers, we have but one request to make, people of India-forums. Everything, and we mean, everything, from puppy dog love to pehla nasha to diya weds baati, everything comes down to love.

The tyrannical dictates of our tanhaai want us to encourage you to break up or divorce or both if you know what we mean! *wink*

But we will keep our animosity with the institution of togetherness aside and say that, may your lord be with you, now that you're married. Mwuahahahah.

And hope that you are doing it for love, not for Mehta Uncle, Sushma Aunty and your unborn babies from 2019.

melodyofflowers thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Amazing topic you three have chosen i loved the way of writing it's so intriguing.
I liked the tags a looot
annihilation thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I think its only CC who can both make you laugh out loud and make you think both at the same time. Brilliant job guys! 
anu5 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Articulate and crisp writing 
Lovely writing style and tone!!
Three of you have penned down on your respective writing flawlessly
๐Ÿ˜Š
Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Excellent topic chosen by CC Team! โญ๏ธ
Very good writing by all three of you! ๐Ÿ‘
CarpediemRose thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Easter Egg Contest Winner (2023) 0 Thumbnail + 6
one of the most significant topics that must be addressed in the current technologically advanced scenario relationships are more and the most lively attractions and blessings showered by the eternity ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
loved this post ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
awesome work CC teamโญ๏ธโญ๏ธ

Great tags loved them too๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
x.titli.x thumbnail
Amazing thread, terrific writing, killer tags... you all are just MUAH hugs ๐Ÿค—
I just love how you've put all this together...๐Ÿ˜Š So much hard work... a great topic to discuss on๐Ÿ˜‰

I can relate to some situations ๐Ÿ˜‰ especially with the parents one๐Ÿ˜† 

Fab job done once again sweethearts๐Ÿค—

Iansomer1 thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I had seen this title days ago but couldn't take out enough time read it 
Finally when sleep eludes me to tonight I am sitting in the dark reading this brilliant post 

It's such a beautiful topic written in the most interesting way possible 
U guys nailed it. 
Brilliant minds I gotta say 
Managed to make me laugh out loud but also think on it.
Loved this.