Ishqbaaaz

The Joker l An Irreverent Daksh Drabble l Part 2 Updated Pg6 18Dec

Arshi67 thumbnail
Posted: 7 years ago

The Joker - An Irreverent Daksh Drabble

Sigh ... how boringly easy it's been to hoodwink the lot of them here in Oberoi Mansion. My greatest weapon has been wielded with nary a quizzical look directed at it. But then genius lies in simplicity. Although, it has not been the work of a moment to devise this sparkling grin which hides delicious malevolence. All that endless flossing. God bless my diligence.

How easily they all succumb to it's radiant dazzle. Daksh puttar, Daksh beta, Daksh bhaiya ... and so on and on and on. It gives me hours of amusement to see them all putty in the face of a mere smile. The answering tugs on their lips as they always, but always, forget to look behind the facade.

By the way, you have noticed how mine differs from the gormless one of that Reyaan chap, haven't you? Hmm ... maybe I'll give him the number of a good orthodontist next time I see him around. Or maybe not. Rudy baby may soon fix his teeth for free I suspect. I note that Rudy has developed a penchant for donning fancy dress lately. If accidentally getting hitched while dressed up as a dulha didn't cure him of it, I doubt anything will. Mother's genes, I guess. On an aside, I think those earrings with the banjara costume would have looked nice with today's lehenga.

Speaking of mother, now there's an interesting person. Well that was until she became one half of a double act with Pinky aunty, endlessly directing her to follow her to God knows where.  I do see interesting glimpses now and again though. So, maybe all is not lost. She and Tej uncle had quite some chemistry going, before he got all maudlin and hot under the collar, banging on about his legacy and his own khoon, blah blah blah. But, I do need to devise a plot to hitch up that pallu of hers!

Tej uncle reminded me of Svets. Wonder where she is. Now there is a woman who could bat eyelashes like no other. And that silky mane she used to constantly toss. Remember her doing that a lot when we were kids. She used to be rather sweet to us. Bribing us with chocolates to waylay Jhanvi aunty whenever Tej uncle was around. Om was rather taken with her. He was pretty intense even then. Spent a lot of time watching The Omen and practicing his looks on Tej uncle. Used to spook him out he did. I see not an awful lot has changed over the years!

Well the one person who hasn't changed, and is still an utter darling is Daadi. I do so adore her. She will be hurt emotionally once I'm done. However, collateral damage is sadly unavoidable. But, she's a trooper. She'll bounce back.

The one who won't be bouncing anywhere other than against the nearest wall, will be my arch enemy, Shivaay Singh Oberoi. I hate that I am beholden to that conniving Tia for providing me with ammunition, but hey needs must. She may look like an airhead, but she sussed me out pretty sharpish when we first met. In her lingo, maybe that's what the universe wanted all along. Although why it wanted to inflict her dress sense on the rest of us is anyone's guess. But, I digress.

You may be wondering about the cause of my hatred for Billu. (Dadi, another reason I love you is for saddling him with a name like that!) See, he's always bested me all my life. Be it kindergarten, high school, college, girlfriends, sports, teachers, everything. They would all be like Aww look at Shivaay, isn't he so clever, so smart, so the bees knees ... well you get what I mean. My parents were fully paid up members of the Shivaay admiration society as well. It was nauseating. Shivaay this, Shivaay that, Shivaay three bags full sir! Why can't you be like him, achieve like him, play like him. And the biggest problem was the kid was nice to me. I so wanted to beat him up, but he just wouldn't give me the opportunity. So, I used to just grin and grin and grin while my brain was in a permanent state of conflagration.

I quickly saw the advantages of my charming grin though. Of its usefulness as the facade I'd mentioned earlier. It certainly fooled Billu all those years back. As it does even today. Not a lot of people know this, but it was I who set him on the hypochondriac path. Sly little suggestions here and there, a little pleading about how I'd hate to have anything happen to my friend, a little feigning and voila. So easy to play him. As I have been doing now. I mean, how plausible is it to instantly fall so madly in love that nothing short of marriage will do. Just because he fancies her rotten, he assumes everyone will!  I just know what buttons to push and which wires to strum. Falls for it every time he does.

Having said that, teetering on that railing was a bit tiresome. And they didn't have any Evian in the house. Himalaya just doesn't cut it. Oh, and then that chlorine in the pool was ruinous for my hair. Between you and I, my hair is the only thing I'm slightly vain about. (Before you say anything about my genius, that is nothing to do with vanity. It just is, okay.) And finally the world has caught up with me and recognised the inherent virility implicit in the Man bun. Om should so take tips from me.

Anyway, I've convinced Shivaay about my intentions. He looks pretty shaken up and befuddled, doesn't he?! Candy from a baby it is. Ugh, I do wish he'd give me a bit of a fight for once. Methinks that Annika will be a more worthy opponent here. Quite feisty, isn't she?! And a bit of a bombshell. That Diwali outfit is a bit out there, no? Not that I'm complaining. As for that Bua of hers, bit of a misnomer there I'd say.

All this smooth sailing was outraging my devious brain. It's also a little bit insulting to a genius of my calibre really to have things just drop in place. So, I thought I'd spice things up a bit. Drop a bit of a hint. Ergo, that doll dropping in to say hello. Rictus grin in place. Will they get it? I hope so. After all, you guys need to see me deploy my arsenal in full.

Note:

This is a fun piece, so please don't take offence. I wrote it after watching the sneak peek into Monday's episode. The doll reminded me of The Joker as did Daksh's perpetual grin!

As Rudy said, Bura na maano, Diwali hai ;)

~ Ruchi

Edited by Arshi67 - 7 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Chokri_ASR thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 6

If I may add, that was quite witty and so very wicked, Writerji! ๐Ÿ‘  A refreshing take since Daksh has entered the mansion. I really loved this POV inside that sick mind of his that is up to no good. We can smell it, can't we? Or rather see it... 

Daksh Daksh, a joker or shall I say the genie off to grant Anika her wish... Billuji, himself! I mean it's the wake-up call that we have been waiting for. If this doesn't stir up something, than I don't know what will...

And my favorite from today's episode, The breakup song, no, really, sach mein...

PS... Dadi rocked it as always, I was dancing along with her... do you think Badshah can give her a cameo in his next video?
Edited by Chokri_ASR - 7 years ago
BookWormV thumbnail
Anniversary 8 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
This was bloody amazingโค๏ธ! I loved it! Those little little details and quirks of every character through a joker-fied Daksh! Gosh, this look into Daksh ka brain-wa in this funny way was brilliant. That thinking process is freaking awesome! I loved this humorously sadistic and evil-ish monologue.๐Ÿ˜ˆ And joker has got to be one of my top ten favourite villains โค๏ธ This piece brought a smile to my face...Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜Š

-V
Edited by BookWormV - 7 years ago
twerping thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
This was brilliant! Spilled a bit of my morning coffee while laughing ...you are terribly good at this! Do write more!
BlueMystique thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7
Res...after a long, long time
smitar thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 8
I love it!!!!! haan, koi dentist made  a lot of money off Daksh.

A request to the genius munda, Daksh.

Costume mein bhi thoda khayal rakh. Bring your wonderful brain to focus on your costumes. Half the time you look like a circuswala. Clothes maketh the man, suna to hoga hi. And clothes definitely maketh the villain. So get going.
Edited by smitar - 7 years ago
drafsul thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Awesome ... brilliantly written 
Arshi67 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Chokri_ASR

If I may add, that was quite witty and so very wicked, Writerji! ๐Ÿ‘  A refreshing take since Daksh has entered the mansion. I really loved this POV inside that sick mind of his that is up to no good. We can smell it, can't we? Or rather see it... 

Daksh Daksh, a joker or shall I say the genie off to grant Anika her wish... Billuji, himself! I mean it's the wake-up call that we have been waiting for. If this doesn't stir up something, than I don't know what will...

And my favorite from today's episode, The breakup song, no, really, sach mein...

PS... Dadi rocked it as always, I was dancing along with her... do you think Badshah can give her a cameo in his next video?

Thank you! โค๏ธ Those gifs, my love, are so spot on! 

That man is so up to no good. 

Daadi totally rocks!!! Our favourite she is hain na?!

As for your being here ... kya bolun ab <3 

Edited by Arshi67 - 7 years ago
Arshi67 thumbnail
Originally posted by: BookWormV

This was bloody amazingโค๏ธ! I loved it! Those little little details and quirks of every character through a joker-fied Daksh! Gosh, this look into Daksh ka brain-wa in this funny way was brilliant. That thinking process is freaking awesome! I loved this humorously sadistic and evil-ish monologue.๐Ÿ˜ˆ And joker has got to be one of my top ten favourite villains โค๏ธ This piece brought a smile to my face...Thank you! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜Š

-V

Thank you so much, V!  

The moment I saw that doll, The Joker was all I could think of. And the way that Daksh's whole demeanour is so creepy. I was concerned I would get rotten tomatoes chucked at me for being fanciful ๐Ÿ˜†
Arshi67 thumbnail
Originally posted by: twerping

This was brilliant! Spilled a bit of my morning coffee while laughing ...you are terribly good at this! Do write more!

Oops, sorry about that!  

Thank you so much! It was fun to write it  ๐Ÿ˜ณ