Posted: 7 years ago
Hello everyone! 😊Yeah,its me here again. 😆This time I am here with a historic fiction, actually writing a pure historic fiction after a long long time. 😳
This will be a three shot, featuring the Mughal emperor,Akbar the Great and his 3 chief queens-Ruqaiya Sultan Begum, Salima Sultan Begum and Mariam-Uz-Zamani popularly known as Jodha bai/Heer bai.
Each part would be like a one shot, featuring Akbar with a wife of his, showing their relationship in a way I understand it and thus 3 shots.Purely a work of FICTION.I have tried to remain neutral and honest with every wife's portrayal and beginning with Ruqaiya begum,his first queen and childhood friend.
Hoping that you all like it. Scroll down for the first part please. 😳
And leave your feedbacks and criticisms,whatever you feel.😃

INDEX

SHOT-1Of Friendship and Passion: Scroll down
SHOT-2 The News: Pg4
SHOT-3 All I Want Is You: Pg7

Edited by --Elara-- - 7 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

SHOT-1
OF FRIENDSHIP AND PASSION

Evenings were particularly absorbing yet draining for Shehanshah's Begum-E-Khaas Ruqaiya Sultan. Zil-e-ilahi's harem rested on her capable shoulders and not a sparrow could flutter its wings without her permission. Although that was completely different that sparrows wouldn't dare to co-exist within the harem, the ladies of the palace, residing therein were no lesser in any manner. Be it the constant 'chirps' and chatters or the frequent petty fights. And all this was left to her to be resolved, she was in charge of literally anything under the sun or say whatever took place within that roof.
Not that, that bothered her. It gave her a sense of pride, a sense of power to go about it all. Reminding her every second that her shehanshah could trust none but her with it, made her beam with self satisfaction. The power she exercised was tremendous, none could so much as raise a finger while she spoke. As hindustan was to Shehanshah-e-hind, the Harem was to Ruqaiya. Her kingdom lavishly scattered far and wide, and she the lone reigning empress. Yes, she was the empress of hindustan too, but here she had no emperor to share her duties with,she was single and self-sustained in every way. The royal ladies, the begums and bandis all constituted her subjects. And like every ruler, her subjects held the first place but not at the cost of the fact that she was the king, foremost and undefeated of all! Every evening of hers expended with time in their share. Looking after their needs, sorting issues and dismissing rivalries, all made themselves to the agenda.

This, was her routines and routines are seldom broken. And so here she stood in her precious green sharara, the red golden embroidered dupatta that went over, covering her head. Her hair was tied in a puffy yet tidy bun within and a mangtika ran through her hair partition and a jhoomar on a side of it. Her neck was barely visible as a heavy gold necklace canopied it and beautiful earpieces adorned both her ears. Looking thus, not an inch of doubt concerning her practicality or professionalism, neither royal decent nor ambitiousness could ever drip into the most sceptical of hearts. She was largely unarmed, that defied the general notion of an emperor but not entirely so because her arms consisted of the most dreaded of weapons, her watchful eyes that spared none, whatsoever yet ethereally beautiful enough to swoon for, her brain that reasoned with greater speed than the fastest of horses back then and her words of bountless wit and wisdom.
And while she walked through the corridors of the Harem accompanied by her attendant, she pronounced orders in an authoritative fashion. Her words were harsh but the intentions weren't meant thus for she just wanted the best of the best for her comrades.
"Look there, the vase has been broken. Have you no eyes at all kaniz? Gather the pieces and dispose it off, now! And tomorrow when i come, i should see a new one with fresh flowers or else you'll lose the job! "
"And who the hell has scattered these clothes all over? If the wrongdoer doesn't come forward, dispose that too along with the shattered vase."
And as her commandments to the daasis continued and they ran all over following her instructions, a big white ball came flying through the air, and quite thankfully, landed itself on her feet. Seeing this, the bandis held their heads low and lowered their gazes in fright while some whispered among themselves
"Whoever has done this is done for! Begum-e-khas would consume him in her wrath! "
Meanwhile Ruqaiya's eyes lingered dangerously around until they caught sight of a toddler hurriedly approaching. Was it for just another boy, probably the things would have been different,or so the bandis thought for it was none other than Prince Salim.
"Badi Ammijaan! " The boy called laughing with the energy of the run "The ball is mine!"

"Ruqaiya!! " The boy roared as he came running to her "Give me my ball! "
"No i won't,Jalal! If only, you are brave enough to acquire it from me. " She giggled.

"Badi ammijaan! Aren't you listening? Please pass the ball to me naa" Salim whined again.
Ruqaiya shook a bit, Salim's striking similarities with her Jalal and the closeness of both the situations had traversed her down the memory lane. Imagining things, was she?
"Come and take it yourself Salim! Badi aamijaan has a lot of work dear! " She said, still thinking about the vision she just saw. No, Ruqaiya wasn't practical and clever not a daydreamer and certainly not crazy as that, she cursed herself at her stupidity.
"Oh okay!" Salim's face fell in a gloomy obedience and that look moved Ruqaiya's heart. She was about to comfort him and say that not him but she would do as he says when another voice interrupted.
"Salim!! " It said "Didn't get the ball yet, eh? " A man walked down the garden pathway right from where Salim had set off and it wasn't difficult for Ruqaiya or rather anyone to instantly recognize the Shehanshah-e-hind, Jalaluddin Mohammed Akbar.
"Shehanshah you? " Ruqaiya's shock was evident before falling for titters "You too are playing with Salim? Shehanshah-e-hind transformed to a child in company of a child? Haha, what will the people say? "
"Ermm Salim was being stubborn so i thought..And Ruqaiya you too are laughing? " Jalal stammered a bit and he made a little cute puppy face before a pail of confidence gushed past him "Yes, i am playing with my Son! To hell with the people, i don't care at all! All i care about is my Sheikhu, the apple of my eyes. And everyone becomes a child in company of a child be it a prince or a pauper! I see my younger self in sheikhu and he won't let me pass the gates of my room without a game or two!" He laughed.
"I do too. " Ruqaiya's memories ditched her again and dreaminess conquered.
"Ermm, what do you mean by that Ruqaiya? " Jalal was baffled.
"Umm nothing." Ruqaiya's consciousness favoured her this time "And Salim you stay there, i'll pass the ball to you. I'll throw it from here and you catch. " Ruqaiya smiled.
"Well, do you know, Salim? " Jalal smirked, stealing glances at Ruqaiya arousing her suspicion but before she could express it, it was no longer remained one "That your badi ammijaan is such a great player and especially a goalkeeper! She never misses her catches!"
"Really abbu? " Salim was surprised "Badi ammijaan why don't you play with us? "
Barely having thrown the ball into the air Ruqaiya visibly didn't know what to say "Ermm me and games? I don't know.. I? But.."
"Badi ammijaan please! " Salim pleaded his large black eyes filled with tears and Ruqaiya melted.
"Okay! " Ruqaiya sighed "But only for a while okay? "
"Sure! " Salim smiled showing all his 20 teeth.

And then began what was for the attendants and helpers of the harem an unusual sight to behold. Something they possibly wouldn't see again for a one thousand years to come cause they believed that there begum-e-khas had been as stiff and cold for a thousand years and today was the day for her childishness and then another thousand years of toughness,just like kumbhakaran waking up once in a year, they discussed under their breaths lest she would hear it and fire them off.
And true enough it so seemed that Ruqaiya's childhood had forgotten its path and returned, in these games with her friend of ages, her Jalal. She had not enjoyed herself like this for years other than the chess games with him of course but this day was altogether different.
And as the trio played with the ball,a fight ensued between Jalal and Ruqaiya, much like the ones she labelled as pointless and resolved in the Harem and much to the dismay of the little shehazada. The issue was that both Jalal and Ruqaiya had kicked the ball at once and it landed in the goalpost.And that was to be counted as the winning ball. So, who was responsible and who wins?
"Jalal, i am telling you, i kicked the ball. I win! "
"As if i'll fall into your tricks! I am telling you i kicked the ball! I win!"
And that went on and on with none reaching at any judgement or conclusion.
It wasn't long until Salim was yawning. He tucked at the hands of the two quarrelling individuals with his little hands.
"Abbu jaan, badi ammijaan! I am sleepy. I am going to maa. You guys decide and let me know who won! " He effortlessly concluded himself and left.
The two exchanged bland stares, looked at the little boy, a while and then looked at each other and began to laugh. It so seemed that they would laugh their heads off so madly they laughed.
"Oh Jalal! I can't believe we were fighting like kids! " Ruqaiya intercepted the laughter at last.
"Yes, i mean seriously forgetting Sheikhu, we were fighting for a goal! " Jalal joined her.
"Come on Begum Sahiba, let return to the palace. Its already too late" Jalal put his hand protectively across her shoulder and the two walked hand in hand towards Ruqaiya's room.

Once in, Jalal had a change of mind.
"Ruqaiya, don't you think we were behaving like madmen? Oh god, what will the darbaris have thought if they would have seen! You were right, what will the people think? " Jalal asked embarrassedly.
But Ruqaiya's embarrassment had been long lost. It had fallen off somewhere while they played and couldn't be found.
"No Jalal, you were right! Why do we care about the people? Sometimes it feels so good to be kids again! "
"And You, are saying this? " Jalal's eyes opened up wider.
"Yes i am! " Ruqaiya smiled "And we still haven't decided who won! What will we tell Sheikhu? "
"Ahaan and how are we decide? "
"Alright, i have a perfect idea! " Ruqaiya's smile was growing naughtier and growing on Jalal too "This is something we used to do while we were kids! Pillow fight!! " She shouted in glee as she hit Jalal with a pillow.
Jalal quickly grabbed one too.
"That was quick Ruqaiya. But begum-e-khas your badshah is equally good as you!" He said as he hit her back.

The fight lasted long and neither seemed to be losing until Jalal's move landed Ruqaiya on the bed. Jalal slowly approached her.
"Yayy! Finally you are caught! " Jalal laughed.
Taking advantage of Jalal's slower pace, with a swift move, Ruqaiya escaped the bed and also his grip. She ran backwards and now Jalal increased his speed until Ruqaiya's back hit the wall and she breathed in hard. Jalal was drawing closer.
"Now where will you go, Mallika-e-hind? " He giggled.
Ruqaiya closed her eyes waiting for a pillow to hit them but the next, moment she felt her cheeks wet. She opened her eyes to see Jalal kissing her cheeks and all the way down her neck.
"Jalal! " She moaned long and loud as a response to which Jalal let her go.
"I'm leaving! " She smiled in a teasing manner "Lots of Harem work remains to be looked after by your Begum-e-khas, Shehanshah! " And walked out, back to harem.

Edited by --Elara-- - 7 years ago
Res
Ps. Di the link you sent in pm is not working

Edit:
It was awesome di. Cute,  romantic and fun at the same time👏
Loved it a lot⭐️
Waiting for the next parts😃

Ps. No problem😳
Edited by DeepVeerPhoenix - 7 years ago
Originally posted by DeepVeerPhoenix

Res
Ps. Di the link you sent in pm is not working
Thanks Manu! I didn't realize it until you told.😳
RES!
It's something new for me to try.
Hey Ramya ! First of all congratulations for the new story /TS . It's a good concept . The relation of Jalal with three of wives . Honestly speaking I never liked Ruqaiya in ZeeTV Jodha Akbar and you know why 😆 . But then I loved the pair Jalal and Ruqaiya in MHRP . And if I am not wrong I have read your Jalal and Ruqaiya FF before . Anyways coming to th present . Loved the shot . Brilliant description and the feelings have been set down very well ! You have written so beautifully that one can feel the love and friendship between the two ! And your stories really make me fall in love with Ruqaiya . You have shown her more as a responsible queen rather than a jealous brat behind the heroine .
Salim is really cute . I love him and his cute actions . And Jalal is Jalal . At least the last line proves it where he kisses her . So sweet .
Update soon cause I really like this series .
Love
Sam i.e. Kriti

This was so lovely! The presentation seemed so very realistic! Loved it to the core!
Fantastic part Ramya😃
Beautiful Rammy!! 
It was indeed creative, explorative, fun and at the same time a very accurate reflection of the characters .. Great work !😳😃👏

Wonderful dear, I'm sure I'll get to know a lot through this :) 
Edited by SenAnu - 7 years ago
Whoa! What was that?!
Mesmerised!
I know you've a knack for RuqLal, took me back to your FF ;)
But this was beautifully done!
The Salim angle was gorgeous to read and the last scene *whistles*☺️
Brilliant! *Clap clap clap*
Eager to read more! 

PS : Sowiee for llthe late comment :(

Love you Di!🤗