Fame X Synopsis/Articles: No Comments - Page 12

Posted: 17 years ago
Grand finale on Fame X!!

The second season of the musical reality show Fame Gurukul, reinvented as Fame X on SAB TV, is nearing it's finale. Interestingly, Fame X will not be looking for a Fame jodi this time, but there will only be one winner.

After 13 weeks of sheer excitement, its time to decide the winner among the top three contestants -- Rehan Khan, Neethi Nair and Anandrupa Bagchi for the coveted title. The fate of this trio will be decided by audience voting and the winner will be entitled to the prize money worth 50 lakhs, along with the Sony BMG record contract and an opportunity to sing the 'Inspire India Cricket Anthem' for World cup 2007. The winner will also be entitled to the hot seat on MTV Artists of the month.

It has been a period of gruelling training for the three contestants at the Fame Academy. They have been groomed under experts like Sowmya Raoh, Shankar, Ehsaan & Loy, Vikram Phadnis and Daboo Ratnani.

The Grand finale promises to be an extravagant affair with special performances in store by the jury and the top three contestants. Rehan Khan, since the beginning of the show, has been flowered with lots of praise from the jury and faculty and has shown consistent improvement in his singing and performance on stage. Daler Mehndi and Rehan Khan will team up together for a special performance on Daler's popular numbers.

Dean of Fame X Academy, Palash Sen says, "I am very excited that Rehan will get an opportunity to sing along the most talented and popular singer, Dalerji. I am looking forward to their act together on stage."

Neethi Nair who is fondly referred to as teekhi mirchi will perform with Ganesh Hegde on his famous number main deewana. Nair has been the blue eyed baby of Ganesh since the beginning of Fame X.

The third finalist, Anandrupa Bagchi will perform with Sowmya Raoh on the popular number - nach baliye from Bunty and Babli. Sharing her excitement Sowmya said, "I am thrilled and looking forward to perform with Anandrupa. She has an excellent voice quality and has a high range so I hope that our performance will rock the stage."

Palash Sen will also perform with his band Euphoria on the final day of the show. Adds Sen on an excited note, "In my entire journey each one of these sixteen contestants is a winner for me but, I am awaiting the declaration of the Fame X winner and looking forward to this announcement."

When asked about his favourite among the three contestants, Palash says, "Well, I think all of them are immensely talented and it's difficult to say who would win the title." When asked about his experience of being on the show, he adds, "It has been a fulfilling time for me at Fame X and it's something which is dear to me besides my band Euphoria.

With the final battle drawing closer, a look at the profiles of the three contestants might give us a good idea about the possible winner.

Anandrupa Bagchi

She is the beautiful girl from Bihar with a winner's attitude. All of 19, she is an extremely talented singer with great voice quality and is confidant of her strengths. Adds Anandrupa, "I think that Rehan is going to be my tough competitor. Not only does he sing well but also has great dancing skills. But, I am all geared for the final event and would give in my 100 percent to win the title."

Coming from a musical family Anandrupa has been trained by her mother who is a music teacher. Since past one year she is being trained by Suresh Wadekar and has performed in several stage shows in Mumbai, Kolkata & Singapore. Her favourite past time is playing Sitar & Tanpura and adores Sonu Nigam

Rehan Khan

The 23 year old Mumbai lad has been trained by his father and is an excellent singer, performer on the stage. Talking about the final event he says, "I have been a consistent performer so far and I hope it makes me the favourite with the audiences, since it's their choice that will make the winner." Rehan draws inspiration from Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan and Ustad Amir Khan and has been able to impress the Jury and the audiences with his versatiliy in singing and dancing. He is surely one of the hot favourites for the coveted title.

Neethi Nair

She believes that she is a good performer who has been waiting for the right platform. Apart from her music talent she loves to paint and dance. This 19 year old Mumbai girl is popularly known as Hari Mirchi (Palash Sen calls her Hari Mirchi) as she is small, cute girl with lots of talent and an excellent performer on the stage. When asked about her D-day preparations Neethi says, "I am a bit nervous, but I will perform to the best of my ability and give a tough fight to win the title".

With the mercury rising for the finals, everbody's guessing the name of the winner. Would it be Rehan, Anandrupa or Neethi? The grand finale is surely slated for a battle on Fame X.

Edited by monika.goel - 17 years ago

Episode 59: Happy Valentine's Day
Fame Kudi Shilpa kicked off the Valentine's Day special caf round by singing the song Salaam-e-Ishq. She got a standing ovation because nobody knew this kudi could sing. She then welcomed the judges and the faculty. Then, as a surprise, Shilpa invited Dean Palash's wife onto the stage. She presented a big bouquet of red roses to her surprised husband. She told everyone that they had met in the first year of college and Palash had proposed to her when they were 19. All the ex Fame X-ians were present to support their fellow contestants. Rehan was the first to perform with Lagan lagi. He was so good that Daler really had no words to praise him. He just gave his blessings and asked him to keep up the good work. Anandrupa sang Pehala nasha, an eternal love song. Sowmya appealed to the people of India on behalf of Anandi to vote for her and help her become a champion. Neeti sang Ye sama beautifully. Ganesh, as usual, was in complete favour of his favourite contestant, calling her 'a complete package'. After the solo performances, it was time for Juagalbandi or rather a tigalbandi. All the three contestants pitted themselves against each other. Anandi started out with Ishq samander and Neeti retaliated with Aag lag jave to which Rehan sang Jay jay Shiv Shankar. It was a solid performance with India's best three performing together for the first time. In Mentos– Dimag ki batti jalaye round, Fame Kudi Shilpa asked Rehan what he would do if one of his female fans asked him to marry her and, at the same time, his mother wanted him to have an arranged marriage. Rehan quickly said that he would marry both girls, having the best of both love and arranged marriage. Shilpa asked Neeti whom she would like to date from among the contestants. Her immediate answer was Ashu. When asked to propose to someone in a unique style, Anandi proposed to Adi in the typical Mumbaiyya tapori parlance, making everyone laugh.

The final three then appealed to people of India to vote for them.

Vikram's brush with Fame

Anandrupa Bachi,Neethi Nair, Rehan Khan,  and Vikram Phadnis

Designer Vikram Phadnis is styling the top three Fame X contestants Rehan Khan, Neethi Nair and Anandrupa Bachi.

The contestants of the SAB reality show took a break from sur and taal to visit the designer's studio for some cool tips.

"All of them had a unique characteristic. I liked Neethi's vibrancy and loved Anandrupa's charming looks, while I was amazed at Rehan's open attitude," says Vikram.

http://www.mid-day.com/hitlist/2007/february/151944.htm

FAME X

SAB Fri 2100
The second season of Fame Gurukul is reaching its finale and after thirteen weeks of excitement, reality, drama that hooked the viewers, the nation will choose one amongst the top three contestants-Rehan Khan, Neethi Nair and Anandrupa Bagchi for the coveted title.

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/

Grand Finale
The Final episode started with a bang when Dean Palash sang Fame X theme song 'Chal Udiye' along with all the sixteen contestants. Fame Kudi Shilpa then welcomed the judges Daler paji and Ganesh Hegde on the show. Today both the faculty members Dean Palash and Sowmya were seated next to jury. For the final episode Shilpa requested the two stalwarts Palash and Daler to bury the hatchet by giving each other 'jadoo ki zappi'. Daler explained that there really wasn't any animosity between the two and Palash supported it by saying that the arguments were always based on student's welfare and not on personal issues. Shilpa asked some of the ex Fame X-ians how life was after leaving the Academy. Adi thanked Palash mentioning how this has changed his life. Vidhan had gotten a chance to sing for a Bhojpuri film and Arunima complained that her friends keep asking her for Fame X-ian's autographs. Dean Palash mentioned how wonderful it was being with Shilpa all this time and a small montage was seen depicting how true it was. Those were glorious moments of the Fame Kudi that confirmed that apart from being so beautiful she was also a very warm hearted person. Rehan gave his last solo performance in the Academy by singing 'Lagan lagi'. Daler again mentioned how wonderful a singer Rehan was and Palash said that Rehan's voice was bridge to divinity. Sowmya got on the stage for the first time and along with Anandrupa sang her famous song 'Nach Baliye'. She admitted that it was nice feeling to sing with one of her favorite students. So far the students had lived in the Academy and a small video was shown of their moments together. Categorized under different title like Music, Romance, Friendship, Laughter and Tears they were moments to cherish indeed and the Fame X-ians will never forget them. Shilpa asked the jury and faculty what were the most unforgettable moments. For Ganesh it was the evictions and for Sowmya it was families at the time of evictions. For Daler it was the funny moments and for Dean Palash it was learning. Anandi sang 'Piya tu' as her last solo at the Academy. Her friend Ritu thought it was a very good performance and mimicked Sowmya while saying so. How could funnyman Banjo miss such an opportunity and he immediately grabbed the chance to mimic Daler paji who took it very sportingly. Neeti, as her last solo, sang 'Le gayi le gayi' proving once again that she was a complete package. Fame Kudi Shilpa invited the MTV judge Rannvijay to join the judges and faculty. Then she proceeded to open the envelope which contained the results. But to everyone's surprise it contained only one name. The name of the second runner up and it was Anandrupa. She had received 21% votes. The faculty had to do the sad duty to give her transfer certificate after which Anandi in true spirit mentioned that she had not lost and from tomorrow she will start another innings. For now she joined the ex Fame X-ians. Then Shilpa fished out two keys from the treasury box. They had labels of Ganesh and Daler on them. As Shilpa handed them the keys, a giant safe vault was brought on the stage. Both the jury members used their keys to open it and pulled out another envelope. This one contained the winner's name. After some suspenseful moments Shilpa finally revealed the name of Fame X Champion - REHAN KHAN ! He had received 53% votes while Neeti got 26%. An obviously elated Rehan hugged his Fame X friends and sought blessings from his mother who was present for the occasion. Always a nice boy at heart, he didn't forget Neeti and lifted her up for the audience to cheer her. He was presented the Fame X trophy by the eminent judges Daler paji and Ganesh.

Insisting that he would not sing his parting song without his buddies, Rehan got all the contestants on stage and sang his favorite numbers. The party was going on for quite a while and will continue till the next season of Fame X opens.

Rehaan's brush with fame

The 'Fame X' winner gets candid

After three months of intense grilling and trying to convince the world about his 'X' factor in the reality show 'Fame X' (SAB), Rehaan Khan has finally achieved what appears to be an opportunity to skyrocket his career.

What is the first thing that you want to do?
These three months were just the beginning. I want to get famous and make a name for myself in this industry. I want to make my parents proud.

What appealed about you to the audiences?
I really don't know what my 'X' factor was. I feel it's my ability to sing and perform simultaneously.  

Which contestant were you extremely close to?
I was really close to Banjo (Priyadarshee Banerjee) and Rakesh (Sharma). We shared similar thoughts and hit it off well. These three months will always remain close to my heart. In fact, I have already started missing them both.

Who are you keen to work with in the industry?
I am extremely keen to work with composers Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy and A R Rahman.

Who was the rudest judge?
Nikhil Chinappa was the rudest. He was the only one who gave me negative feedback. Still, everything worked out for the best.

With so many reality show winners how will you stand out?
The benefit of being a part of 'Fame X' is that even amidst a thousand people, I can stand out and create a niche for myself.

http://www.dnaindia.com/report.asp?NewsID=1080623

By A.L. Chougule

Rehan Khan from Mumbai is the winner of SAB's first reality talent hunt show Fame X. The show that looked for an X factor in a singer to make it as a rock star, Rehan walked his way to fame through 13 tough rounds spread over three months. He emerged winner despite tough competition from Rakesh and Aditya Jassi who he admits were serious contenders for the Fame X title.

The Fame X title is Rehan's ticket to fame. He has bagged a Rs 50 lakh contract from Sony-BMG, besides a big platform from Sony Entertainment Network and Visa International by way of an opportunity to sing the 'Inspire India cricket anthem' for the Indian cricket team competing in the forthcoming ICC Cricket World Cup 2007 to be held in West Indies in March. Rehan will also be the MTV artiste of the month. "It's a great feeling," gushes the singer who had developed interest in music during his childhood. It was his father who encouraged him to pursue his interest in music.

"I learnt tabla and started my training in singing. Two years back I started doing stage shows with 'Indian Idol' Abhijeet Sawant and contestant Rahul Vaidya. They were all praise for my talent and asked me to take part in a reality talent hunt show," says Rehan. Rehan is now nursing the dream of being a playback singer in films and having his own music band.

http://www.deccan.com/TV%20Guide/TV%20GuideDescription.asp#R ehan Khan wins the Fame X title