SKR- Of Loops and Symbolisms Thread #6

Posted: 7 years ago
DD you are not there. And last thread finished. So I am creating this new one. Hope you don't mind.
As in the crucial last week the analysis cannot be stopped.

Guys welcome all to the last and final thread of Loops and Symbolisms. We will continue here.

Thanks to everyone who have contributed to this enriching thread. @DD, Savitha, Gowri, Aditi, Vipraja, Charvi and many more.

Its truly remarkable that we reached a sixth thread in our discussion, it shows how much all of us have discussed, debated and enriched each other through the discussions. 

Guys indexing the previous threads here

Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
Congo for the new thread🥳
Shruthi plz PM this thread link to MOD
so she can make this a sticky
Edited by -Mano- - 7 years ago
@Mano I have put a message to Meena
Hi everyone.
Congrats for the new thread. Let us all strive to make the last week as beautiful as the journey has been.@Shruthi  a heartfelt thank you for an always thought provoking posts.I looked forward to them as much as the next episode of SKR.
Savita 
Thanks Savitha. In all the hungama of discussing Sita's BP I forgot to share a beautiful experience I had. Got a chance to meet Shrimati Sudha Murthy in person. Her speech simply captivated you. Her journey from a girl, to a wife to a mother it was interesting to hear. People bombarded her with questions how it is being wife of Mr Narayana Murthy, how she felt when she gave Rs 10000 to Murthy. The lady answered all maybe the nth time she is doing the same.
All in all she inspired the group. It was a meeting only for the ladies managers from IT who were involved in community services . shee gave quite a lot of idea of the area we should be looking into, which included sanitary napkin distribution in government schools and support for drug de addiction centres and alchohol de addiction centres. She was talking about the young children and teenagers who she has come across in these de addiction centres and how heartbreaking it was to see the future of country getting destroyed like this.  

Though it is not an unknown thing that drug addiction is happening in large scale her speech did make me reflect on that. I felt the youngsters in this forum will be able to answer it better. As in my time we had certain moral grounding and most people including boys didn't stray much on that. Drugs as such were taboo among people and maybe we came across 1 or at the most 2 in our known group.

How is it now. What do you people feel about it. Any thoughts on how we can guide the youngsters so that they don't fall prey to this. What kind of lifestyle, pressures in your environment making students go for such drastic measures and destroy themselves. What exactly are your problems. I know teenage problems, youth problems will be similar to mine, but the technology induced stress which was not there in my teenage and youth days your generation have and you people have much better knowledge on this than me.
I go to schools to teach students during weekends. if you could give suggestions, guidance on what all topics if we cover, the way we cover can help students stay away from these menance that will be helpful. De addiction is secondary. I am more looking at nipping that tendency itself atleast wherever I go to teach.
Edited by shruthiravi - 7 years ago
@shruthi Di just recently there was a vodka bottle found in my classmates bag and a fellow classmate who saw it in the girls bag went and reported to the teacher. The teacher who is very experienced made the tight lipped girl open up in private. Her boyfriend had given and she kept in bag it seems.
Unknowingly girls get addicted in few cases as far as I know.
Congrats on the new thread. 🥳

Thank u shruthi...
Congratulations guys!!!!! ðŸ¥³
Originally posted by daydreamers

Thank u shruthi...
Congratulations guys!!!!!🥳

Missing u Di 😳