MIRA NAIR TO PRESENT 'AZAAD' AT MUMBAI FF-Sakshi's movie pic on pg:2

Posted: 7 years ago
Mumbai: Filmmaker Mira Nair is set to present her short film Azaad at the Jio MAMI 18th Mumbai Film Festival later this month.

The film, which features actors Sakshi Tanwar and Atul Kulkarni, tells the story of the dysfunctional relationship between a father and his son.

Writer-director Rahul V Chittella's short film will be screened as part of a feature film titled Shor se Shuruaat, an ensemble of seven short films directed by various new directors.

Co-produced by Antara Banerjee and Naved Farooqui, the film will also feature Siddharth Menon and Nandu Madhav.

"Azaad is my first attempt at a shorter film format. The film is close to my own ideals of the concept of freedom and my belief in democracy and the right to be able to say and do what we feel," Atul said in a statement.

"I am excited that we are having a premiere at MAMI film fest. My Marathi film Natrang was shown here and it was beautifully received back then," he added.

Talking about the making of the film, Chittella said it was a "long roller-coaster ride" to make the film and literally had "no budget".

"Zero budget filmmaking is frustrating but also liberating. The idea started with Humaramovie getting seven renowned directors on board and asking them to recommend a filmmaker each to make a short film."

"This film is truly a result of collective passion. Every cast and crew member waived off their fee and we've all worked towards creating a film that has an honest voice," Chittella said.

Spread over the duration of the festival, which will begin on October 20, the forthcoming edition of the fest will screen over 175 films from 54 countries including features, documentaries and short films. Edited by peeyara - 7 years ago
Thanks for sharing yaar..

Every cast and crew member waived off their fee and we've all worked towards creating a film that has an honest voice,"

Oh is it so, great, then have to see the content of film and how its filmed..
Hw is it possible for us to see...will it come online..

Sakshi is there tho, we will try hook and crook to search and see it anyhow😳😆
Edited by LuvSSever - 7 years ago
Oh accha Natrang k makers bhi hai , to accha hoga .
Well Sakshi isn't doing this for the first time ,she did it previously many films like this without remuneration ,when it is content based and has social message to it.
I m in for watching online too
Thanks for sharing this! I so look forward to anything with Sakhsi.. Her choice of roles defines how good the story will be. Friends do check out the short movies from humaramovie on YT ... There are some beautifully done movies and they are only 15 to 30 mins long.
arey wah
good to knw abt it
will watch it
thanks for sharing this news
Originally posted by bpatil3

Well Sakshi isn't doing this for the first time ,she did it previously many films like this without remuneration ,when it is content based and has social message to it.

Yes, that's why I love her more too...😊... Her real good nature and for the talent and choice of roles she choose.. she really goes with her heart and mind to choose wht she have to do...

And she does cent percent justification to it too... I'm always in to watch her work😳
Originally posted by bpatil3

u hv watched Natrang ?
pls mujhe link yaad se dena...i am bhulakkad 😆
Originally posted by DiehardRaYafan

Thanks for sharing this! I so look forward to anything with Sakhsi.. Her choice of roles defines how good the story will be. Friends do check out the short movies from humaramovie on YT ... There are some beautifully done movies and they are only 15 to 30 mins long.
yes...her choice makes its easier for her fans 😳 kuch bhi faltu cheezein nhi dekhni padti😆
Originally posted by LuvSSever

Yes, that's why I love her more too...😊... Her real good nature and for the talent and choice of roles she choose.. she really goes with her heart and mind to choose wht she have to do...

And she does cent percent justification to it too... I'm always in to watch her work😳
she as a person is so so endearing 😳 makes one to love her more n more❤️