Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi

Don't Like KRPKAB ...Not Liking KRPKAB??

dikshat thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 7 years ago
I wrote this post coz I saw few people commenting on Buzz and even on forum that they don't like Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi. 

While some of you, like me, love everything about this show, there are some who either used to like it but are not liking it now, some hate it, some don't hate it but don't like it either, some watch it only for Shaheer, Devakshi or maybe some other reason but not for the show it is.

For those who love it like me, pls read if you have the patience, I barely can write short ones. Also, feel free to add your points as this space is too short for me even after I write long. 
For those who don't, Please help me understand. I need your Help.

If you can't spare much time on reading full post, just read the The Depiction & The treatment to the subject , What Makes it Real and What Makes it Stand Out and Bold highlighted lines.

I really want to know and understand the reason of why some of you do not like the show coz I tried doing it but couldn't find a reason.
I read all kind of posts on the forum and I don't want to understand why you like a particular character or why you don't as that is your personal take. 

Here, I am referring only to the show as a whole and not about its characters, who I understand form the show (but the key essence is the concept and its portrayal), and who are continued to be liked and disliked or hated on particular days depending on what is shown of them.

Before I share my viewpoint, I just want to mention that please this is just my take and I really wanted to know yours. Pls don't take my words or this post as offending in any way. At the end of the day, we like something or not is our personal take and choice and I have no rights to question yours, my only intent is to understand the reason.

The Subject/ Story Line

Mother's getting insecure of a girl taking a place in her son's life. Someone she has to "share" her son with. Most of the cases, she doesn't have problems with the girl, but the place she's "acquiring"

Men getting squeezed between the two most important woman in their life trying their level best to balance, (succeeding in some situations, not in some).

Daughter in law having adjustment issues and feeling the urge to get accepted the the family, (especially the first year of marriage is filled with adjustment, somethings starts getting into place gradually, somethings go out of hand). Most importantly, a woman adapting to changes post marriage.

The story line is what happens in all families in reality. Somewhere less, somewhere more, some people face it more in the initial phase of their marriage while some continue to face it for the rest of their lives. Its a WIP always and forever for many.

The Background 
The makers have made a very intelligent move by giving us contrasting characters and families. Everything is like complete North Pole and South Pole..Extreme characters and backgrounds giving rise to extreme situations.
That's why they barely need to create new tracks, there are already many to be found than created.

- Two families
    - One Middle Class another rising from poor days to becoming rich.
    - One where kids had normal childhood and were made to understand and live a normal family life, another where they have disturbed childhood, the only goal was to come out of poverty and so they grew only in some aspects and not completely.
    - One understanding family and its importance and value, each member is the family has something to give, another family where expectations are only from one person. 
    - One family where everyone is Independent and also inter-dependent and other where everyone is dependent.
    - The Cultural Difference (I am not surprised that the makers again chose opposite cultures here. One being too conservative and other being broad minded, one being orthodox other being liberal)
   - Big Difference in Family Background
   - Huge Difference in Life Experiences
   - Even bigger differences in how they lived their earlier lives
   - Their Living habits and their Likes
   - The Environment Difference (broad minded vs. conservative)
   - Love marriage (Big Big Big issue even today for many, real acceptance and acceptance in all respects is rare)

A deep and wide repository of problems and different set of individuals..
What binds them together (they want or not) is Dev & Sonakshi's Love. 

The Depiction & The treatment to the subject 
- The characters are very consistent and they have a brilliant growth graph. 
- There is always a reason why particular character is behaving in the certain way which is not different from their character already sketched. 
- I might not like a particular characters actions but I definitely understand the reasons behind showing why they did it.
- Each character is evolving with changes in equations between different relationships they have in their life.
- The things move at a decent pace, change in situations is very gradual and in flow, there is continuity maintained, specially because of the consistency in characters. Bring any new track, you will still find the characters consistency and continuity intact.
- The tracks bought are not out of the blue (as mentioned in Background section highlighted para). With so many differences in the characters, they can come out with various subjects as everything they will show will have issues arising out of it.
- Not fully, but makers are trying their level best to explore other characters than the 3 main protagonists. Lot of work still left in this area.
And not just characters, exploring different relationships too.
- I find majority of the episodes very balanced out. Same goes for families. If we have GKB, we have mama ji too. 
- I have seen and told about issues like Veg-Non Veg, Halwa making (almost all house holds have this session), Pallu, first night fight, unpredictable behaviour of MIL, shubh mahurat, taunting relatives,  etc. I totally connect with them and find them very real.

What Makes it Real and What Makes it Stand Out

- No surprises on the concept, but the show definitely stands out for its realistic treatment to issues and most most most importantly the outcome. When equations between different relationships changes after marriage, many try to run from it (maybe initially only), many try to ignore it, many try to get suppressed, many accept it "Just the way it is", many go with the flow and take whatever is given, while very few accept the changes and build themselves and even others around these changes and take all their relationships together ahead without leaving someone behind (which we are getting/ will get to see).  

- Characters and even Relationships are Grey and not totally Black or White. The shades of grey in characters and relationships are totally in congruence to their backgrounds and earlier lives.

- Finally a show where its not like one issue at a time. 
Ok, New track. Come in suddenly, Stay here for one month, day in and day out its about you you and you. 

- Due to above point, all characters also get good screen space.
 If you have newly weds, you have mother's insecurities too, there is problem in brother's life, Financial issues with Sis life too, Vicky Elena problem etc etc

- Same situations with different people dealt differently. Recent Example: Shagun return by Dixits vs. Gift Return by dada. 

These are also the reasons why I will say it can be termed as "Stereotypical"Or "Saas Bahu saga" for its concept, but the treatment makes it "Path breaking"

Butchering the character?
- In continuity to how characters have been shown having grey shades, I'd say if the makers don't show the damage being done, how will they show damage recovery?
- Damage Control will and can happen only after the damage. And yes, few damages cannot be accepted but even they need to be controlled. So no matter how much you hate what is being shown, you cannot ignore or move away from the fact that only when they are shown, it can be shown how one can deal with them and come out with it.
- Some acts cannot be even redeemed, but I'll leave that to Karma (for I beleive in it) but as long as the show can make me see what can be corrected is corrected, I will be happy to see it. Just like life, we don't bear instant fruits of our deeds, so certain doings of the characters will not fetch instant penalty.
But if you have noticed, corrections are happening from time to time, maybe the timing is not as per you.

Not real, Exaggerated
- I have seen mother's like Ishwari, Son's like Dev and girls (not DIL as its yet to be explored in that area) like Sonakshi in real life. If someone hasn't that doesn't mean people like them do not exist. 
In fact people worse than these do. They are truly a refined versions..trust me.

- In simple hindi terms, agar dekhne se bhi nafrat karte ho to unka socho jinki zindagi hi yahi hai. 
You still have a "choice" to switch off the television, ignore it, speak your mind, loose control, But ask someone for whom this is "Reality" which they continue to face, live, change, quit, even long after they can't.

- If nothing else, one can at least take this as an awareness to this side of the world that exists and acceptance to include them in "your" definition of people who exist in this world. Only when we accept this reality we will understand these characters and maybe then we can not just judge them but throw some enlightening thoughts over the solutions.
So please, give time to makers to explore these characters, they cannot show a changed situation that you want to see till they throw these characters into committing such acts.

No Intimacy
Devakshi have always been shown like innocent lovers who find holding hands, hugs as the ways to shower their love on each other. Their fell for each other Soul before their bodies.
With time, their story is evolving and they know they have physical need too. But they are shy lovers, when it comes to expressing their love, they are more verbal and sweet than sensuous and intimate.

Now that they are married..their physical need will also grow and they will grow as a couple even in romance. But again, it has to be gradual. 
* To me personally, I would still love their innocent romance more than physical one once(if) we get it coz that's their USP*

Not much of Devakshi after Wedding
I guess many here are married and would know how you have to "take out" time for yourself and the two of you than "having the time". 
It is very normal.
Secondly, the show is progressing towards a track where its important to show tension between Ishu and Sona brewing each day. 
We will soon get more of Devakshi

Dev's role becoming less
The Balancing act will come only when the situation to balance occurs. Let them at least create those situations for Dev to realize that he needs to create a balance than just step in to some situations where he should speak.

The initial track required Dev to develop such a strong love for Sonakshi that it can stand in front of his Mother's Love. It had to be so much leveled that he finds it hard to choose one over the other. That's how Balance will be the only key and solution left for him. He won't be able to leave either of them or see either of them upset.

*PS: Balancing is not a one day act, so continue to throw stones at him while he learn..For me I will be happy if its a gradual learning where he does go wrong too*

No Villian - There is No Full Time Villain in this show, who dresses up same way everyday and has everything matching giving new fashion trends. Their purpose in life is not to live their own life but to ruin someone else's. All their time is for the other person who sometimes is not even in their closest relationships.
The only Villians are an individuals thoughts.

Bua Like "Loud" Characters, GKB Like "Evil" characters
They are not villians. They are again people with Grey shades.
Characters like Bua are to depict  
1. "Rigid" behaviors and "Regressive" thoughts of some people as we call it. Yes they exist in society. They are those who refuse to change with time. The concept of "adapting to change" is an alien concept to them.
2. They are not bad, their problem is, humans for them come after samaj and rules set. The rules they think came into existence even before humans.
2. To show that problems created by them are temporary and they don't need solutions but just learning.
3. They are easy to deal with as everything is out in the open with such people. No masks.
Radha Rani like characters too exist. These are people whose words are like an advertisement, every time such people speak, other get to know their mind. They convey more about themselves than people they are talking about. These people are harmless (exception being her sabak sikha is bangali machhli ko to Vicky). And Sona certainly knows how to handle her in a perfect way. 

The Title
Not just the story and how it is being shown, I feel the title itself holds a lot in store for its viewers.
The makers came up with a Title "Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi"
- The two words "Color" and "Love" being so subjective that every individual will have their thoughts attached to the two.
- Colors are not just mere colors but often symbolize our thoughts and feelings. To add, each color doesn't depict just one emotion, feeling but many. Colours themselves don't have meaning but they do mean different things to different individuals.
- Love...a subject sooo vast that many scholars came and went but none could define it or give it a universal definition. A word which is not just a word and will leave us only when the world comes to an end..maybe not even after that.
The title of the show leaves so much to be explored and the title stands to be so subjective.

My View: I find KRPBAB the most Real show with most realistic characters and situations. Most of the characters make me connect to a person in real life.
If you Hate it, you will Hate Reality
While you say "I Quit" watching it, some Say "I Quit" from Life and many say "This is life; to live as if dead". 

Kuch Rang Pyar Ke Aise Bhi is a Cult Classic on Indian Television for me showing society the mirror. While it will hit some right into their face, it will make some see some small ray of hope in that darkness (till now and hope ahead too)

A show where Behaviors guided by Emotions in every relationship are the Only Hero and Villain just like in our lives. PERIOD.

PS: I hope the upcoming tracks of the show are such that it inspires many who face this common issue. 
I hope each and every character here is explored.
I hope, I seriously hope their take on the issue is positive and inspiring one and I get to see a different outcome to this "stereotypical" "Saas Bahu" problem what we call it. 
And for that very reason, I would like if people have watched it till now, continue to watch it till the end, leaving it mid-way will be futile.

PPS: I try to write short posts but I somehow fail. I won't mind if you give a reply even in 2 lines. The reason to find out the answer to "Why" is very important..If I say it in my Dilli language ...Chull machi hui hai mere andar. 😆

Itta sab ek hi show mein milne k baad bhi hate.😲
To chalo main to ji positive hu..aur apni Burger Approach ko follow karte hue ending on a positive note😉..A story ..Yaha tak padho aur himmat ho to ye bhi padh lena😆 aur matlab khud samajh jana😳😆 .

God's Cake
A daughter is telling her Mother how everything is going wrong in her life.
She's failing algebra, her boyfriend broke up with her and her best friend is moving away.
Meanwhile, her Mother is baking a cake and asks her daughter if she would like a snack, and the daughter says, "Absolutely Mom, I love your cake."
Well then, here, have some cooking oil," her Mother offers. 
"Yuck !" says her daughter.
"How about a couple of raw eggs?"
"Gross, Mom!"
"Would you like some flour then? Or maybe baking soda?"
"Mom, those are all yucky!"
To which the mother replies: "Yes, some of those things seem bad all by themselves, some taste good, but when they are all put together in the right way, they make a wonderfully delicious cake!

All things in the show might taste bitter when seen separately. But maybe when we look them as a whole, we might feel its the best made cake.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sona_naksh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
a lobg and a beautiful post
agree wid u
jigsaw1234 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am super impressed. What a beautiful writing. Second every single word of yours here. Brilliant!,
Invictus thumbnail
I agree with most of the things you said.Its very very close to reality...even I have experienced a few of such situations...though not so extreme... The fact that it's close to reality and is showing the grey side of human nature..of even so called good people, who are good at heart but still react to certain situations in a very cunning way...is the USP of the serial. The directors are building on this grey side and slowly will come around to showing the positives of these characters also. It's just that ...with a lead pair like. Shaheer and Erica...with their sizzling chemistry...the viewers don't like to watch the people who create negativity for them. It leaves a bad taste  because you start feeling for the characters. 
But that is the beauty of this show. All the characters are portrayed so well that you tend to reaallly feel for them. You are happy when they are happy. You are sad when they are sad..and right now the lead pair is in a difficult situation. That is probably the reason some people are not liking it.
AfiChanAC_CA thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 2 Thumbnail
Mujhe toh yeh post padhnay ki zarurat he nahi hy🤣 and u very well know y 🤣 I m head over heels in love with krpkab , whole cast (specially hmara shaheer❤️)n crew..whole fandom..and ofcorse ur posts🤣
sjain thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Hey thats such a long post wow 
cant wait yo read will comment patiently

right now i m panicking sighh need to calm down loll

The show which is stressbuster nd brings smile on my face is giving me stress ,an nd shaheer's tweet had added ghee to fire 😆

BTW  I enjoy and like KRPKAB ..
Edited by sjain - 7 years ago
fangirl79 thumbnail
Dikshat, read your take on liking-disliking the show - I do not watch TV to bust stress, I watch TV just the way I read a book - when I sign in to a show, I commit full time. Having said that I have never signed into a hindi show like I am doing with Kuch Rang. 
When I watched the Promos, i liked how refreshing the scenes were, I liked how the characters are consistent when the first few weeks passed and then the story and the colors of love and simplicity and complications that come with it kept me hooked. I am really happy that the show has stuck to its premises and continues to grow - I like the fact that one day it makes me happy, the next angry, the next confused and the next curious ...It's just like life...very real. 

I will be sticking to the show till it's last episode (which by the way I do not even want to think of). 

kalyani246 thumbnail
Anniversary 7 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
you are right...i also think the same...and more over every body should accept every track ...it shouldnt like...i like devakshi love track..and hate the ishwari track...

and krpkab everything is made to happen...oo kehthe hena jo hota hai ache keliye hota hai...

remember...dev bonding with bose family after break up track..

may be after this track...we see that sona ishwari support each other and understand each other even better...and even solve a mistery ...just imagine guys...

so keep calm and stay tuned
Userdoesntexist thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I am in LOVE with... YOU.
I love you, like seriously! Love the way you are always positive. I have been following your posts from DTKL track when everyone was bashing Dev. And you were a breath of relief. I love how you always stick to positively to but you also give meaningful analysis which no one can question. You are not just a crazy fan, but a true admirer of this story and that is what makes me trust you than other know it all people in this forum. I mean they are also right, but some times they get too much critical.

I just wanted to tell you that I am silent reader and I support KRPKAB like hell, but whenever someone bashes this show with a valid point it makes my day worse. But then you come with your positivity and reading your posts which have MEANINGFUL points and also positivity, I feel like a weight has lifted up my chest. 

I am not active on forum and don't plan to be. I just want to say that Thank You for being a part of KRPKAB fandom. I just wanted to tell you that there are a lot of silent readers like me who silently read the negative posts and silently go into depression for the remaining day and their bright morning or peaceful silently turns into horrible but because you do not choose to be silent, so the silent readers silently read your posts, silently smile and silently say...

Mmmuaaahhh...

Never stop posting... This fandom can't lose a gem like you.

P.s. Wondering who I am? I am Ananya, a teenager who is a crazy fan of Devakshi yet gets upset when people bash them and comes running to your posts. I was active when Neil made entry but then I became a silent reader. I don't think I would be posting much, but this is a thank you reply. And please on my behalf, say thank you to Deepa di, Jyoti, Saumiee, silambu girl... You guys have the correct amount if criticism with very much positivity. I think I will comment on their posts too, myself.

P.p.s what do you think about Bijoy these days?

gmgi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Diksha, beautiful post as usual dear.👏
I may not agree with what is shown always, or the way the character behaves in some instances. But it is not my story to tell and I agree that the makers have told this beautifully in their own way. Some times we expect from the characters what we ourselves cannot do. I go through all the posts here be it positive or negative. Some I agree but some I don't. But I refrain from commenting most of the time when the whole forum screams for blood. But what ever the state of my mind,I am unable to stay away from the show because it is so close to my heart.

What I love about the forum is the amalgam of ideas and observations that gives an entirely different perspective from what you saw and  felt when you watched the show. Those who are upset with the track will respond in a negative manner not because they hate it but because the expectations are not met after supporting the journey from the initial days. To each his own.😆

I will summarize my journey so far :

" I saw that you were perfect and so I loved you.
Then I saw that you were not perfect and
I loved you even more"
                                    Angelita Lim