Glad you likesss it
PS-commelina is pro! :)
Posted: 6 years ago
Originally posted by kawaii_geet

🤣
am a surprise package... ain't I?😆🤣

How much shocked I was that time you can't even realize Miss.Kawaii
Have heard a lot about this story and this was on to my tbr list since a long time now.
So finally I have found time to give this a reading.

Comment on ch 1 coming soon

Reserved

❤️

Originally posted by ardentfitzcy

Have heard a lot about this story and this was on to my tbr list since a long time now.
So finally I have found time to give this a reading.

Comment on ch 1 coming soon

Reserved

❤️

i don't know what you heard about this story😆 but am so happy that you are here🤗
hope i stand up to your expectations😃
God! Aishu you are an amazing writer!

I could feel all the emotions and could watch each scene playing in front of my eyes.

So she's heartbroken. And wants to be alone. But can't seem to find the solitude she's looking for. The part where Pooja And Raj are calling and asking her about her well-being, I know they mean well but there are times you want to isolate yourself from the world. You just need to be away from everything.

Her pain is so palpable. Her trying to find solace in the her home, her childhood memories, her parents lingering presence, her old city. How brilliantly you've penned down her emotions.

Heart if you notice, does such tough jobs of pumping blood, keeping you alive but it's also a fragile thing. Breaking so easily and then you keep trying to put the pieces together.

I'm glad she's found an aim. Completing her Masters. But it is going to be a tough path.
We tend to think changing places, changing goals, changing hairstyle will help us but it's not so easy. You've to erase names from your heart...how do you do that?

<div align="center"><div align="center"></div>

<font size="4" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">@All: I know replies are pending. But You guys must know that
am really so overwhelmed to see your love for this story.
Thank you so much. 🤗
Will reply to each of you soon. 😳

</font><div align="left"><div align="center"><font color="#666666"><font size="7" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">
10.He Was Like The Moon Perhaps...</font>
</font></div><font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">

"Geet, why don't you call anymore?" Pooja cribbed over the phone.

Geet smiled weakly and looked at Ana who was making wired faces, slurping her noodles. They had met up in a small diner post work and caught up with each other.

"No Pooja, its not like that. I am just a little busy with college and internship."

"Stop making excuses. You have completely forgotten me since the time you went away to NY. You don't even talk to me like before! What has happened to you Geet?"

Geet wondered how to answer why she couldn't talk to her like before because nothing was "like before" anymore. She didn't want to go back to the life where she had been so naive, so stupid and so reckless.

"Pooja, please understand..."

Her low voice made Pooja sigh, knowing well Geet was going through a rough patch.

"Okay. Am sorry. You just don't call anymore. Even Raj was asking for you. We are worried."

The mention of "Raj" almost made her heart skip a beat. She hadn't talked to him in a very long time. She missed him, she had to admit.

"Am fine here. Don't worry."

"Yeah I know. Did you make any friends?", Pooja asked her lovingly.

Her head immediately turned towards Ana who was happily gorging down noodles and now hogging down the burger. She was such a foodie. Her lips stretched into a smile, seeing the cheese smeared on Ana's lips and cheeks.

"Whattt?" Ana managed to speak with the burger stuffed into her mouth.

Geet shook her head and continued on the phone, "Yeah. I did and she is very nice Pooja."

It was a heart-felt confession and Geet knew she had found a gem.

She quickly finished with her food and joined Ana in her food-marathon.

"How is it going with Arjun?" Geet teased.

Ana turned pink, "Its good so far. He is everything one could ask for Geet... and gosh he is taking me out tomorrow evening."

"On a weekday?" a surprised Geet asked.

Ana suddenly went thoughtful and then kept away her burger, "About that...I need your help."

Geet listened to her friend carefully and smiled at the apologies she threw at her at the end.

"Geet...you could say no. Its okay." Ana spoke with her head hung low.

"And pray why should I say No?" Geet teased, half smiling and half frowning.

Ana clasped her fingers, trying to form words, "b...because am lying to my brothers and am using you Geet. It's wrong!"

Geet smiled at the innocence of her friend, "Ana, I will be glad to help because I know you wouldn't do anything wrong."

"You trust me so much Geet?" she asked sadly.

"Yes."

"Even though I am lying that I will be staying at your place but in fact I am going
out with Arjun?"

"You will come back before midnight, won't you?"

"I promise I will be back to your place before its midnight, like Cinderella! Gosh, you are my fairy godmother Geet." She rushed to Geet's side and hugged her.

Geet smiled and patted her head, "Just be careful okay. And be back on time."
"umm."

Days rolled into a month and Geet had been happy. She was doing well in her internship but something was off about it. She hadn't been very careless with her work but then things didn't please her. Life became monotonous--- College, office, home and repeat. Maan was busy with some project and he was out of the country for half the month and whenever he was in office, they had almost no interaction. The respite from the boring life was Ana's presence. she'd at times come to her place, go out with Arjun, come back on scheduled time and then they would sleep off, talking anything and everything.

That night, ana rolled on the floor with the blanket wrapped around her. she had been back from a secret date with Arjun and stayed back at Geet's place as usual.

"I think I am in Love Geet..."

"Whaaatt?" Geet sat up, in surprise and shock.

Ana sat up too, "yes Geet. I think I am falling for him. he just cares so much and...and the way he talks, the way he becomes protective around me... that feeling..."

"...is inexplicable, right?" Geet completed her sentence with a smile.

Ana looked at Geet and narrowed her brows, "You have felt it too, haven't you, for Raj?"

"Yes I have."

"Geet, then tell me na.. what happened?" ana made a baby face.

This was a question Ana had always sought answers and Geet had always remained tight lipped.

"I will tell you one day when I am ready!"

Ana slid closer and wrapped a hand around her friend, "Do you know you are the bestest of the best friend anyone could have?"

Geet smiled, "Nopes. But you keep telling me so many times..."

"then believe it."

And Geet believed. Pooja remained in the darkest corner of her head. And she didn't dwell on it either.

</font><div align="center"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">******</font>
</div><font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">

He watched her face and suppressed his smile. She was hyper-reactive! He had been back from a trip and he had informed her of the work she was supposed to do. But that woman always had something or the other problem with everything.

"you want me to...what?" she managed to control her reactions.

He shook his head and dropped the papers on the table and stood firm in front of her, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I know you heard it the first time Miss Handa. Stop questioning and get to work!"

"B..but how can I..."

"That's an order and you are in no position to deny!" he spoke flatly and got back to his work.

She cursed her luck under her breath as she slumped on her chair.

"what is this Kanha? Why did his secretary had to meet with an accident last night? Why did Joe had to be on a holiday? And most of all, why do I have to fill in for his secretary for the week?"

She never understood that man in all these weeks! He was good sometimes, and then he was a jerk and suddenly he turned into Monster! Kabir paid her visits but even he had been keeping busy. Ana had been busy too. She had to deal with this all alone! Bracing herself up, she carried her notepad and stuffs to his secretary's cabin when the intercom rang.

"Miss Handa, get in here and yes, get the Brooklyn Project file."

She had no idea where his secretary arranged the stuffs! She was just an intern! Sighing, she looked at the shelves and found one after much effort and rushed to his cabin, which was just beside hers. He was pacing the room and talking on phone when she entered and gestured her to hand him the files. She obliged and turned to leave.

"Its the wrong file. Get me the accounts file of the project."

She rolled her eyes and turned back only to see him pace around, still on the phone. She hated this already. She picked up the file from the table and went back.

The call had been an important one and his new secretary was not helping at all. He had been in a fix when Stacy, his actual secretary met with an accident the previous evening and he had no one to fill in. He had been walking out of a meeting when his eyes had fallen in Miss Handa who seemed too bored with her work these days. The other intern had taken leave and hence he had appointed her as his temporary secretary, of course with an extra pay for the week. Adi was busy handling the PR team too. He had no one around all of a sudden but that "unlikeable woman" and he had no other option. She had been constantly grabbing his attention with her not-so-pleasant antics.

He faced the window and spoke on the phone, about his dealings when he heard something fall. He immediately turned around to find Miss Handa on the floor with papers strewn around her.

Crazy Woman!

He breathed in sharply and asked the person on the phone to hold. With two long strides, he was standing right in front of her, his fingers massaging his temples.

"Miss Handa, what are you doing on the floor?"

Her sharp eyes riveted towards him, "Ohh am moping the floor with my back."

Insensitive Jerk!

"But my floor doesn't need mopping!" he smirked, knowing very well of her sarcastic nature.

She twisted her lips and went to examine her foot that had hit the coffee table beside her that made her fall. Thankfully, it was intact and didn't hurt much. She couldn't believe this was happening to her. Cursing her luck, she sat on her haunches and collected the papers. The papers were scattered all over the floor and she knew it would take her a long time.

A masculine hand stretched out and handed her the papers which made her look up, surprised. He was on his haunches too, right in front of her, gathering the papers. Her jaws dropped!

He was helping?? Wow.

"Here, the last ones. Arrange them and Get my coffee!"

He was back to his chair and resumed his call. She stood up, awed...surprised actually to see this side of his. Shadowing him all these days, she had come to know him as a man of impeccable discipline and dedication but never she had seen this side of his, gentle and helpful. As such he kept teasing her about the pup and that was enough to halt her good thoughts about him.

He really wanted a coffee for the day was going to be long. There was to be a client meeting in an hour. There was a knock and he watched a head pop in through the gap.

"Sir, your coffee."

"yeah...come in."

She saw him a little quiet and lost in his thoughts as she placed the coffee in front of him.

"We have a client meeting in an hour Miss Handa. Get the xyz blueprints to me and yeah print the Brooklyn blueprints. Make a call to Kabir and tell him to meet up with the telecom company for the take over and yes, set my meetings for tomorrow."

She stood clueless because everything went right over her head. She opened her mouth to ask something but he beat her to that.

"And yes Miss Handa, we have a meeting in an hour. Just be done with the blueprints and get the printed copies to me. Make sure you do not pass me any calls till that time and take notes of the meetings."

"But..I..."

He received a call and got busy. She stood completely and utterly confused as to what was to be done. There was something about printing blueprints and calling Kabir and take notes for the meeting.

He watched her walk out and sipped his coffee, almost spitting it away. It was too sweet for his taste! What had she done? Emptied an entire jar of sugar may be? His face contorted with the stinging aftertaste the drink left him with and he immediately put away the mug. He knew by now that the day would end with a severe headache. The coffee just ruined his mood.

</font><div align="center"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">******</font>

She hung her head low as the client looked at her in disbelief. The day was turning out to be a bad one.

Kanha, Please help!

"This is not the blueprint that we have been looking for. Mr. Khurana what in the world is this? Who had printed these?"

Maan looked at the blueprints and then looked at Geet, "What is this Miss Handa? This was not the one I asked for!"

He held his head in stress. Things were just going for the worse. And Miss Handa was not helping at all.

"I...I'm sorry sir but you gave me so many blueprints and..."

"I cannot believe you do not understand the importance of such deals.", the white skinned man cornered Geet. He had been furious to see the blunder.

"I'm really sorry.."

"A mere sorry cannot bring the time back that we have lost miss. Do you realize what it would cost us because of your sheer stupidity? And who hired you in the first place? Such low lives do not deserve to be here. Mr. Khurana We want you to fire her..."

"Enough." He thundered and watched the faces of a furious client and a morose Geet Handa.

"She is new here and that is why she probably messed up. And it's okay. I will deal with my employee and you are no one to tell me how to deal with them."

She had been looking down all this while but his words disoriented her for a while. She had not expected him to defend her, like this?!! She knew she had messed up because she had gotten confused about the whole thing and hence the scene.

Kanha...help me!

"Mr. Khurana do you realize her one mistake could have cost us millions?"

"Its not her fault. Its mine. The meeting is over. I will get back to you tomorrow."
There.

He said it.

And he had rendered her speechless and frozen in time.

The client pretty well knew that he was done and walked away. She just stood frozen, contemplating every word of his, defending her in front of others and she never knew of this face of his...so different!

The minutes ticked by in silence and she just kept looking at him in awe. He was like the moon perhaps, changing phases when the time came and she was completely awestricken by the change in him! Second time in a day! She had cursed him so much for being insensitive and inconsiderate but she never knew he had something like this inside himself.

"Care to explain what that was?"

He turned to her with a questioning gaze and found her spaced out, as usual.

"Miss Handa!" he thundered, yet again.

The meeting was sabotaged. Great. But this woman still remained silly.

She jumped at his voice, "y...yes sir?"

"What was that about? Don't you understand simple instructions? Has your cognitive skills gone for a toss? I had asked you to bring the printed copies Brooklyn and you did just the opposite! Is something wrong with your head?"

If just a minute back she had thought, even for the tiniest of a second that he was nice, then his voice and demeanor just reminded her of the monster that he was! He changed faces in a flick of a second! How mean!

"Miss Handa...do you not know..."

"Don't Miss Handa' me Mr. Khurana. The name is Geet, get it in your head. And who do you think I am? Just an intern..an I-N-T-E-R-N and not your bloody secretary who could be at your beck and call. I am new here, I don't know what to handle and how to handle...nahi hota mujhse. Do you realize that? No! But you keep shouting orders like am not a human but a machine. If you have so many problems with me, then why did you ask me to do this in the first place?"

She stopped when she was done and saw him look at her with a strange look on his face. it was then she realized what she had spoken and how much she had spoken away. Her heart sunk when sanity returned. If he had been against firing her, a minute back, then she was pretty sure he would actually follow the client's advice in a matter of seconds. She closed her eyes and sighed sadly. Could the day be any worse?

He had watched her rant out her mind and was amused to see her so rattled at the slightest provocation. Her face had turned red and despite himself, he had laughed. He couldn't stop himself.

Third time in a day, she was thrown a googly and she had no idea how to deal with it!

The Monster laughs?

She watched him laugh, albeit a suppressed one but his face did break out into one. Her eyes widened in shock, more than in surprise and she felt she'd faint right there. Things were crazy around this monster. She twisted her lips and looked away.

"Miss Handa... from tomorrow onwards, you are going to sit here and work with me. And if you think you don't know things around, then be prepared to learn. You could now go back."

She rolled her eyes and went back to her cabin, cursing everything that brought them together. He was such a mean monster!

He sat back on his chair and shook his head. Headache was inevitable but this woman was something. He had seen her clueless and he was experienced enough to realize she had no real goals. She was like a little leaf, floating in a river, going where the waters take it. But she had nerves, he had to admit. No one, in his entire career, had been able to speak more than a sentence to him without fumbling and this woman went off like a hot water geyser, springing off the ground all of a sudden, surprising him. </font>
<div align="center"><font size="4" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prev:
Chapter 9

Next:
Chapter 11</font>
</div>
</div></div>

I was literally laughing on her outburst like.maan I can imagine him having fit of laughter

<div align="center">

<font size="4" face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">new banner by Hinal.
Does this make you happy??😉

Impt: I will be a little busy till the end of this month. So, updates will be a little slower.
Pls bear with me.

P.S Some of you asked me if this is same as the movie Mujhse dosti karoge. Guys, Yes! It is a sequel to the movie. I had clearly mentioned in the Prologue. Do check it.

</font>
<div align="left">
</div>
<font color="#666666"><font size="7" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">
13.So This Is How The World Felt Like...</font>
</font>

<div align="left"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">

Fall came and turned everything into golden and red and brown. Tress shed their leaves and the chill set in. She walked along the sidewalk, pulling her cardigan close to her body. The temperature had dropped a couple of Fahrenheit and the cold was slowly seeping in. The warm cocoon of her house was not a very good place to keep her locked in. She needed air. And hence, she had walked out, lost in her thoughts. She was done with her internship, she was done with the last week of her 10th floor assignment and more than anything else, it had been a relief. The events of the previous two weeks were still afresh in her mind.

A loud honk of a car distracted her and she looked up, not knowing where she was, until she looked out for a sign board that read out Central Park, Manhattan. She had planned to engross herself in buying necessities for her house but then, she had lost herself in her own thoughts and walked along wherever the sidewalk took her. Her last week on the tenth floor wasn't very happening. She sat with Joe, finished her work, submitted her reports and got home. The place had suddenly started to close in on her, choke her, and make her breathless. She didn't find doing reports and studying case files interesting anymore. But she had to make it. she had to get her portfolio stronger and she had stayed. Her boss remained so distant, like she had never known him at all. Sighing, she just walked into the park, hoping to burn away her boring evening in nothing.

She woke up with a throbbing head and felt the lights hurt her eyes. She had been sick for a couple of days and the fever made her weak. She looked around and found Maan stepping into her room. He knelt down in front of her and checked her temperature with the back of his palm.

"How are you doing kiddo?" he asked with a soft smile.

"Better Bhai. But my head hurts." She replied hoarsely.

He helped her sit and arranged the pillow on her back, "Just rest and don't stress about anything okay?"

"Umm. How was your day?"

He sighed, "Yeah. It was okay. Not very happening. Dadima is organizing a diwali party next week."

Her eyes widened in surprise, "Wow Diwali party?"

"Yeah. So, if you want to enjoy, you better get well soon."

She nodded smiling and leaned into her brother's warm embrace. He was so protective of her, she knew now. He was protective of everyone in the family. More than anyone else, he had been the most worried person when she had fallen ill a few days later when she had come back home from Geet's place. He had asked her the reasons of her disappearance and she had not spoken a word about it. Usually he would have coaxed it out of her but she was surprised when he gave her space. She recalled his words vividly, "Tell me when you feel like it Kiddo."

Sometimes she thought she knew her brother so well but then at times like this, she felt she never knew him at all. Kabir was more open to her in terms of emotions, maybe because they had been closer in age but she knew the person who loved her most in the family was her eldest brother.

"Do you want to eat something?" he asked after a while.

"No." she spoke after a minute of silence, "Bhai?"

"Hmm?"

She pulled away from him and looked at his serious face glued on his cell phone, tapping away something, "Was Geet in the office this week?"

The name of that woman brought the night of their encounter at her flat, making him think of things that he didn't want to. Even in office, he had kept away from her, that liar!

"Why do you ask?"

"Umm... she hasn't been taking my calls these days. I haven't been to college all thanks to flu and I am worried about her."

"She must be busy..."

"..but she hasn't even come to visit me and..."

His phone rang, stopping further discussions and he walked away, answering it. Ana sighed and called Geet again to know if she was doing okay, especially after she had opened up to her but she remained unavailable.

She walked down the pebbled pathway, amidst the yellow leaves carpeting her way and the trees swaying in the gentle cold breeze. People were few at this time of the evening. There were a few mothers with their kids playing along the pond. She looked around and sat by a wooden bench on the sides, looking at the playful children and smiled softly. What has life come to? She watched a kid run and fall down. His mother immediately picked him up in her arms and cuddled him so lovingly that he even forgot that he was hurt and that he had intended to cry. For some reasons, it reminded her of her father. Had he been there, she could have just run to him and cried in his arms. Had he been there, she wouldn't have been here or seen this day when people just accused her without any reason. Had he been there, she would never have gotten hurt like this. Had he been there, he would have protected her from everything, like the child's mother in front of her. a layer of tears formed in her eyes...so this is how the world felt like when you are alone! She thought back to her last week in office and recalled how Kabir had tried to apologize for no fault of his.

"Hey Geet." He gave her a weak smile when he saw her in the cafeteria.

"Hi." She replied softly and picked her food.

He matched her steps.

"So, this is your last week I guess..."

She sat down in the corner most seat, "yeah.."

He sat down in front of her and looked at her forlorn face. It suddenly seemed that she had lost all her glow, all her charm and chirpiness.

"Geet... Am really sorry for that night." He spoke, after a long silence.

She stopped eating her food and looked up, "what?"

"I'm sorry. I know Ana had been out on her own and you were really trying to protect her...but..." he couldn't continue further and hung his head, "Sorry. Please don't close yourself from us like this.."

Her eyes, he saw, had softened and she kept her spoon down, "You don't have to be sorry Kabir. It was not your fault."

"But you were hurt...i know you are angry on Bhai, on me..."

"I am not angry." She interjected, "I am not angry at anyone Kabir. Its okay.."

He was surprised to see her so and felt even guiltier, "Geet...listen.."

"No. You listen Kabir. Trust me when I say am not angry. I mean it. But I need time. Can you give me that much? I know I was at fault.."

"No you weren't..." he fought back.

"Thats what
you think..."she sighed and continued, "I just need a break from everything. I need some time alone!"

Kabir sighed with the memory and watched Ana call Geet once again. They were done with the dinner and the week had been slow. Ana was recovering but he worried more about Geet. Was she really following what his brother had said?

"Arrghhh what is wrong with her?" Ana screamed and threw the phone away.

"What's the matter?"

She slumped beside Kabir and made a face, "She is behaving weird. She goes
home early from college, doesn't speak much and now that I am trying to invite her to the diwali party, that idiot is not picking up the call. Its been over a week she has been like that and I am pretty sure there is something bothering her but she is not telling me!"

Kabir thought for a while, "Is she the same in college?"

"Umm..yeah. pretty normal but she talks less and stays to herself."

Kabir felt terrible. Geet was shutting herself away from them.

"I just don't know how to reach out to her."Ana held her head in distress, "Bro. Tell me. what do I do?"

Kabir watched her sister and then recalled Geet's words...may be Ana could bring her back. He turned to Ana and breathed in sharply.

"I know why is she doing like that!"

"What?"

"Yeah. Its because Maan Bhai had asked her to stay away from you and me."

Ana was taken by surprise "and why would Maan Bhai do that Kabir? What is going on and why do I not know anything?"

He shook his head and looked at Ana guiltily, "You remember the night you had been away without informing anyone, that night Bhai and I had been to her place to look for you."

"You did?",Ana gasped.

Kabir nodded and narrated the entire incident to her, making her extremely angry.
"What in the world were you two thinking?"she screamed, "You don't know anything and how could you...arrghh where is Maan Bhai?"

"In his study!"

She held Kabir's hands and dragged him to Maan's study.

He heard the ruckus and looked up from his file, "hey kiddo...what's wrong?"

She walked to his table and slammed her hands on it, "what did you do with Geet Bhai?"

He looked at his sister and then at Kabir, totally clueless, "what did I do to her?"

"Didn't you ask her to stay away from me?" Ana narrowed her brows, definitely upset.

He glanced at Kabir and then back at Ana, "Yeah. She is not a very good influence Ana. Keep distance."

Ana left a deep breath that she had been holding in her, "and why do you think I would do that Bhai? That night, I went off on my own. I had not informed Geet but still she lied to you because of me and how could you just go and say things to her like that?"

Maan had never seen his sister this angry. He kept the file and stood up, "But she lied.."

Ana threw her hands in the air, out of frustration, "You don't know anything Bhai...you don't know anything about her. You shouldn't have said that."

It irked Maan that his sister was supporting some outsider instead of her own brothers.

"Then tell me why I shouldn't have done that?" he snapped.

Ana looked at both of her brothers who looked at her expectantly. She was definitely angry on the way they treated her and they had to apologize to her.

"I will tell only when you will apologize to Geet."

"What?? No. Am not doing that." Maan cringed at the thought of that.

"Fine then. I won't tell you who made me cry!"

That chit!

Maan and Kabir both looked at her with wide eyes. Their sister has come to know the rules of the game.

Kabir quickly added, "I apologized to her that day itself. Its Maan Bhai's turn."

"You Idiot..." Maan scowled, "Backing out..."

"Will you or Will you not?" Ana tapped her foot restlessly.

Maan wanted to decline the offer but he was angry at the one who hurt his sister. And if this was the way, he knew he had no other choice.

"Fine...", he raised up his hands in defeat, "I will talk to her."

Ana grinned, "Good. Now you can't back out okay?"

</font><div align="center"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">**************</font>

She walked amidst the fairy lights decorated on the sides, red, pink, orange, yellow...ready to welcome Halloween. She dipped her hands in the pockets of her chesterfield coat and pulled it closer to do away with the cold. The temperature was dropping and winter was just around the corner. She stood in front of a house and looked up. It was beautifully decorated with jack-o-lanterns with candles lighted inside them and fairy lights decorating the whole house. Entire New York had gone into a festive mood but she was alone. It didn't hurt as much as the thought of Diwali did, which was the next day. Everything around was lighted up, just like it was always, back home but it wasn't Diwali in New York. She sighed and slowly walked ahead. If she had been back home, she would have been with Pooja, decorating the entire house with earthen lamps, like they did every year. If times were better, she would have celebrated diwali with Raj, teasing him, laughing with him, just like they did when they were kids. If she had been back home, she would have demanded sweets from her father...Where was her "home"?

She halted her thoughts right there because she didn't want to cry. She gulped down the knot in her throat and walked faster to reach home. Tiny lights passed by her in the wink of an eye. She had been getting calls from Ana, inviting her to their Diwali party. She had declined saying she had visitors from London. So, Ana had resorted to dadima who tried to coax her into coming but she couldn't win. She had turned her phone off and decided to take a walk. But when did peace come to restless minds?

She could see her apartment at a distance. The dusk was slowly ebbing away, giving way to the dark. She hurried her steps and then froze contrarily, a few steps away from the entrance. It was a moment between the dusk and the nightfall, when the sky was dark but not yet dark, the moment between the passage of time when life halted to take a look of its doing and he was that moment, standing right in front of her in the middle of dusk and nightfall.

It suddenly seemed that everything had turned quiet and they stood face to face, staring at each other blankly. He was in a gray trench coat, standing right in front of her apartment, waiting for her. he watched her half and prepared himself to speak out his mind. He knew he had been wrong and he knew well that he had to make things better.

She wondered if he was here to give her another piece of his mind and waited for him to speak up. The cold wind blew away the dried leaves from their feet and they rustled in its wake, probably the only sound between them. But when silence prevailed, she decided to walk away; avoid him and be on her weary way. She had nothing to say to him.

Taking her cue, she just walked past him...just a step ahead.

"Geet.."

She stilled.

She froze on her feet, hearing him call her with her first name, for the first time.
Her heart thudded with an unknown anticipation.

Would he scold her again?

Would he be rude to her again?

Would he hurt her again?

"I'm sorry."

She almost lost her footing. She turned back and found him facing her too. the wind rustled her hair, just like the leaves and she pushed them away.

Dark black eyes met the soft brown ones, with no emotions on the face to give away their feeling. And they remained so, for a while, letting the moment sink in. The moment passed and dusk merged into night. But their moment prevailed, to pass only at the time of their choosing.
</font><div align="center"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">--------------------------------------------------------------------</font>
<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">>>How about I be a little nice and leave you with a precap?😉</font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">"Miss Handa get in the car." </font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">"I am not going. End of Discussion."</font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">"Do you realize that I am yet to send your performance report to your college?"</font>

<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">He stressed on the word "your" and smirked seeing her gasp. Colour faded away from her cheeks and she looked at him angrily.

Prev: </font>
<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Chapter 12
</font>
<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">
Next: </font>
<font size="3" face="Times New Roman, Times, serif">Chapter 14
</font>

</font></div>

</div>

Sorry I haven't read fully but couldn't stop myself from commmenting..

I just so emotionally high and verge on crying seeing geet alone when I saw Kabir bacjin out saying I immediately said sorry it's maan bhais turn it really cracked me I laughed like.maniac
Chapter 1 to 14 I thoroughly enjoyed reading his story of yours and I am the old reader of your fairtail story...

It was like sometime I was emotional but there were sometimes that I felt like laughing after big emotional turmoil like when geet was emotional and Mr khurana blackmailed her ...

Mr khurana laughing at the outburst of geet she entering his cabin to thank and his smirk was amazing.. I agree with maan the he was partially right when her sister was out and geet lied... It is he one heck of a situation and he admitted then to e reason Ana have and her reaction was amazing... Lolzz I literally cracked up.

And Las not the least the study scene was amazing I really find him gorgeous and imagine the literally its him and the poker game where she called Mr khurana and all khurana turned their head and said yes...
Originally posted by IlaTanwar

Chapter 1 to 14 I thoroughly enjoyed reading his story of yours and I am the old reader of your fairtail story...

It was like sometime I was emotional but there were sometimes that I felt like laughing after big emotional turmoil like when geet was emotional and Mr khurana blackmailed her ...

Mr khurana laughing at the outburst of geet she entering his cabin to thank and his smirk was amazing.. I agree with maan the he was partially right when her sister was out and geet lied... It is he one heck of a situation and he admitted then to e reason Ana have and her reaction was amazing... Lolzz I literally cracked up.

And Las not the least the study scene was amazing I really find him gorgeous and imagine the literally its him and the poker game where she called Mr khurana and all khurana turned their head and said yes...

hi...welcome back
am so glad you remember me even after all these years.
thanks for the lovely comment.
more fun yet to come😆
happy reading😉