All about Varun and BigB's YRF film with Pradeep Sarkar

gilmores thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 7 years ago

The Big B & Varun film

All you need to know about...

An MBA topper takes life lessons from a dabbawala in this Pradeep Sarkar film

Nayandeep Rakshit

Amitabh Bachchan and Varun Dhawan are coming together for a Pradeep Sarkar film called Dabba Gul, produced by Yash Raj Films.

Big B's dates are being locked, an insider informs us, and talks are on with Varun who's keen and is trying to weave it into his schedule.

The basic premise? Says another source, "Bachchan Sr plays the head of the dabbawalas in Mumbai whereas Varun is an MBA topper from one of the premium management institutes and he decides to enrol for a two-month internship with the dabbawalas instead."

How their characters meet and what happens next forms the rest of the story. The source continued, "It's about the bond that the two form and how Big B helps him learn the ropes of the business. It's a slice-of-life feel-good film, but it's also inspirational in many ways."

Points of reference? "It's about the dignity of labour. It's more like today's Naya Daur although the humour is designed on the lines of a Munnabhai," our khabroo adds.

Published Date:  Sep 23, 2016

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

BeingChevi thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Sounds very interesting. I'm excited 🥳 
xroshnix thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Fresh story and Pradeep Sarkar directing Varun and Amitabh 👍🏼
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Few years ago such a film would have gone to RK. Anyway I don't think VD will do this film as Big B's role is prominent. 
I see Varun doing this. It's parallel leads and I see this just on lines of Intouchables but just changed around in many ways. The key is to show bond between 2 very different individuals who belong to different age-group/background. 
This content was originally posted by: MrsKhan

Few years ago such a film would have gone to RK. Anyway I don't think VD will do this film as Big B's role is prominent. 

Big B has already hinted that Varun's in this project. Anyway reading the description it says the story is about their bond. How did you manage to see Amitabh as the lead here?
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: -Vagabando-

Big B has already hinted that Varun's in this project. Anyway reading the description it says the story is about their bond. How did you manage to see Amitabh as the lead here?

The articles coming out so far about the movie reminds of Shamitabh articles. There too Big B was locked first and they tried to get SRK who declined and then Dhanush did it. In Shamitabh Big B had a more prominent role. 
swati82 thumbnail
Anniversary 9 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Sounds like a nice story. Hope it happens 
VirginiaPlath thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Premise sounds refreshing & intriguing...
Looking forward to watch Big B & varun together...waiting for Yrf's announcement
VD as MBA topper ❤️